Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 5:17 pm

leafplant wrote:
I laughed at all the jokes on this thread but specially the Jewish one. I always suspected I was secretly Jewish.

Here's one:

Q: What do you call and Autism Convention?
A: A contradiction in terms.

--

I am very sarcastic, in an ironic kind of way.

As for me, I'm not Jewish in any way, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their brand of humor.

I only know one aspie joke:

The boss was giving public acknowledgement of the outstanding performance of his aspie employee, congratulating him on his ability to think outside the box. The aspie looks at the boss in all sincerity and asks, "What box are you talking about?"

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

u all are autistic hahahahaha

just kidding

thats a messed up sense of humor

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

I do have an odd sense of humor. I have been accused by NTs of having no sense of humor whatsoever as i don't understand their jokes. Also i am American but could never get through an episode of Friends, so i saw no humor in it nor could it hold my attention nor understand its appeal. I found other shows mentioned in this thread to be humorous and likeable.

AshTrees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

leafplant wrote:
I laughed at all the jokes on this thread but specially the Jewish one. I always suspected I was secretly Jewish.

Here's one:

--

And in the room next door was a body of pathologists having their convention.

JDM1992
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2013, 11:40 am

my sense of humor is very grim-dark and borders on sociopathic in its nature. Years of mental abuse and neglect have caused my mind to cope with the horrors of the real word by laughing such things. A good example would be the time I fell down 2 flights of carpeted steps. It scared my mother senseless but I was laying in a broken heap laughing my ass off! :D I tend not to make jokes in public or share my humor with others. I have been told I belong in a mental ward for it by my family many a time. :roll:

There is no hope for my future. A failure is all I am and all I will
ever be.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm

AshTrees wrote:
Quote:
I said: "It's all Greek to me, so I showed it to my Greek relative, but it was all Norwegian to them."
I alone saw the humor.

I would have laughed. That's very witty.

I don't get it. :oops: :? :?:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 10:21 pm

Sedentarian wrote:
AshTrees wrote:
Quote:
I said: "It's all Greek to me, so I showed it to my Greek relative, but it was all Norwegian to them."
I alone saw the humor.

I would have laughed. That's very witty.

I don't get it. :oops: :? :?:

You mean...its all Chinese to you?

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Here's one:

LOL @ The Librarian! :lol:
--

As for me, I'm not Jewish in any way, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their brand of humor.

I only know one aspie joke:

The boss was giving public acknowledgement of the outstanding performance of his aspie employee, congratulating him on his ability to think outside the box. The aspie looks at the boss in all sincerity and asks, "What box are you talking about?"

mathematixal
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2013, 10:56 am

I have an apparently odd sense of humour that I cannot quite understand myself.

After some amount of dissection I find a lot of it relates to the ridiculousness of personification of inanimate objects.

For example, I find phrases such as "The lift, of course, just has to stop on every single floor", or "It looks like it wants to rain but cannot really decide when to" as absolutely hilarious. Why? I believe it is the personification of weather and inanimate objects.

Often I find words that others take as they are, as having hilarious contradictions in them.
If you pardon the example from a non-English language, but the Japanese word 技量 (giryo), for example. Literally it means ability or competency. If you look at the characters it literally says "technique amount". The hilarious part to me, which is apparently esoteric, is the fact that this particular word meaning "amount" has the suggestion of non-quantifiability (although not strictly used so). So for example, like an amount of water, or an amount of pudding, or amount of air. Whereas techniques are obviously separate, quantifiable entities. Somehow treating them as a non-quantifiable 'amount' is ridiculously funny to me.

These kind of subtle contradictions make me laugh ridiculously whereas most around me, even upon explanation, do not quite get it.
I am not sure if this is a side effect of Aspergers or just a peculiar view of the world.