Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

StitchwitchD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2007, 8:18 pm

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 147 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

On the other test, I scored a 24 (not likely to be an Aspie.)

I don't think the second test was specific enough. For example, I'm fine with being in a big group of people in some circumstances (like at the Renaissance Festival) but the idea of going into a noisy frat bar gives me hives. Also, I wear jewelry- I have a couple piercings, love playing with the barbell in my tongue and feel naked without it- but I rarely vary what jewelry I wear from day to day, and some jewelry items irritate me.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 2:17 am

greenblue wrote:
Hi rdos, I didn't know you did the quiz, its better and more complex than the others one .
Could you give more insight about the sexuality questions? and also about diarrhea

The questions about sexuality was inspired by people in Sweden claiming that HBT (Homo, bi and transsexuality) was more common in autistics. This turned out to be true, but the difference is rather small. I also tested BD/SM in an earlier version, and there was a small difference too (higher prevalence in ASD). That's about as much as I dared to put into the quiz without people getting mad at me. The question about "unusual sexual preferences" was inserted as a replacement for various sexual deviations I didn't want to check for directly and specifically. Although I have posted links to some specific sites to check their levels of ASD traits (dickflash, for instance).

Version 9 will be the last version that has questions about sexuality. None of these questions are relevant enough to justify putting them in the quiz. People can still study the results in the evaluations of the already tested traits though. See the below link:

Aspie-quiz evaluation link

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 2:26 am

About diahrea. Yes, this is a serious issue with 0.29 correlation to Aspie-score. It probably means that many Aspies are suffering from IBD (Irratable Bowel Disease) or gluten intolerance and should switch to a gluten-free diet. I switched to a gluten-free diet several years ago and I seldom have diahrea nowadays unless I happen to eat something that contains gluten by accident.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 2:27 am

183/200

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2007, 6:15 am

Your Aspie score: 119 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200

The liver thing did apply to me- liver is the only kind of seafood that I can stand.

I just have a little question... what has joint dislocation got to do with AS? o_O

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2007, 12:39 pm

Mushroom wrote:
I just have a little question... what has joint dislocation got to do with AS? o_O

Not sure, but I surely have it. Knees constantly popping out of joint.

I got a 35 on the Baron-Cohen test, found here: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html
(You have to score it yourself... their CGI is frakked up..)

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2007, 3:00 pm

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 71 of 200

AQ-score: 39 of 50

http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Star

modioboy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2007, 8:09 pm

Your Aspie score: 177 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 31 of 200

MarchViolets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2007, 8:43 pm

Quote:
Rdos, can you tell us the purpose of some of the questions, such as, "Are you psychic?" I thought that one was interesting, since it didn't ask, "Do you THINK you're psychic?"

I’ve heard a lot of people talk about how certain “paranormal” experiences link to autism.

Personally, I have had some very bizarre experiences, the one’s that are least likely to be sheer coincidence are to do with images popping into my head [that I usually blurt out], which happen to be the exact thought of the person sitting next to me [to their shock or delight].

I find these sorts of things happen more around friends, so I put it down to picking up on information that most people are oblivious to. I feel that it is a processing quirk, and while it may be unexplained, it certainly does not mean that I’m “psychic”. To me, “psychic” is just another lazy term for “I don’t know why something happens”.

My answer to the test question would have been “no”, so perhaps it would be better to have a set of questions asking about specific experiences, rather than an individuals opinion on whether or not certain experiences would make them “psychic”.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2007, 11:23 pm

MarchViolets wrote:
Quote:
Rdos, can you tell us the purpose of some of the questions, such as, "Are you psychic?" I thought that one was interesting, since it didn't ask, "Do you THINK you're psychic?"

I’ve heard a lot of people talk about how certain “paranormal” experiences link to autism.

Do you have something I can study on the topic?

MarchViolets wrote:
Personally, I have had some very bizarre experiences, the one’s that are least likely to be sheer coincidence are to do with images popping into my head [that I usually blurt out], which happen to be the exact thought of the person sitting next to me [to their shock or delight].

I find these sorts of things happen more around friends, so I put it down to picking up on information that most people are oblivious to. I feel that it is a processing quirk, and while it may be unexplained, it certainly does not mean that I’m “psychic”. To me, “psychic” is just another lazy term for “I don’t know why something happens”.

My answer to the test question would have been “no”, so perhaps it would be better to have a set of questions asking about specific experiences, rather than an individuals opinion on whether or not certain experiences would make them “psychic”.

Can you give an example of an alternative question in case I want to test this again?

chairbreak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Apr 2007, 11:25 pm

I got a 154 out of 200 Aspie.

And 29 on the geek syndrome test

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2007, 4:46 pm

MarchViolets wrote:

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME THING!! !!

I have tried to explain this 'sixth sense' or intuition to other Aspies and they tell me all kinds of nonsense like it doesn't exist, that its just my imagination and all that kinds of stuff. But YES I believe you when you say you can do these things because I often get to think of someone or their face pops in my mind an the next thing I know is the phone rings and its the same person!

I knew it's something that has to do with Autism I was sure of it!! !

Perla

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2007, 6:02 pm

Latest

Your Aspie score: 140 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

AQ-score: 42 of 50

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2007, 6:36 pm

Count me in as another one with unexplained "psychic" experiences. Most of mine occur during dreams, but I also have the type mentioned above. I only tell a few select relatives about these, because everyone else would really think I was crazy, if I told them, or demonized. I know I'm neither. Like the other poster said, it's just something that hasn't yet been explained. I NEVER in a million years would have linked it with Asperger's. I'm curious to know how it relates. You know, I have always been the ultimate people watcher, to the point where I would unknowingly stare at others. I was so interested in putting the pieces of them together, if that makes any sense. I look at the psychic energy in sort of the same way. Maybe we're picking up bits of energy and putting together the pieces, in our minds. My husband was an extreme skeptic, when I first started telling him. Now, though, he's a firm believer. Many many times, I've had premonitions or clairvoyant dreams and given him detailed information before I could have possibly known. It's nothing I can control, though, so I have a difficult time believing in people who use their powers for monetary gain. I could never summon up a premonition at will, but maybe there really are people who can.

The reason I thought the question about being psychic was unique, was that it seemed to be written by someone with an open mind, who didn't naturally assume we were all delusional. It didn't ask, "Do you THINK you're psychic?" in the same way someone might ask, "Do you hear voices?" No, I don't hear voices, in case you were wondering. :wink:

Tatoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Apr 2007, 2:02 am

is this test valid? i'm still not sure i have AS. this is what i got:

Your Aspie score: 134 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 78 of 200

17 Apr 2007, 2:21 am

roygerdodger wrote:
Here's what I got:

Your Aspie score: 131 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 79 of 200

Which I don't believe because I might be an regular autistic person with some Aspie traits.

Everyone gets that results whom are on the spectrum. It doesn't mean anything. 10% of aspies come back with "you are very likely a neurotypical" simply because they had worked on their traits so theirs got milder and milder so therefore their score would get lower. But if they took the test and answered the questions they would have answered in their childhood, I guarantee they would get the aspie score. I'm sure I would score higher too on the test if I took it pretending I am thirteen years old. In fact I answer the questions that have happened to me in the past, not right now as a 21 yr old 100%. People no longer tell me I go on and on about the same thing all the time, people don’t often tell me what I said was inappropriate even though I think it was because I’m an adult and other adults don’t usually tell you what you said was wrong. They’re certainly not going to tell you to shut up or anything because they are being polite. When I was a child I got all those things but once I got out of high school it all stopped. I might rarely get it in my adulthood because there are some rude people out there.