Munchausen Mum accused of lying about her 'autistic' child

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dan0192837465
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2014, 11:03 pm

Once again more unhelpful reporting on a story, which in my opinion brings autism into disrepute with their so called 'news articles' by the paper that should be renamed, 'The Daily Bile' I think the title fits them accurately. This rag glorifies with relish and joy on a staunch regularity, when it comes to this topic.

Another example of the bias that journalists and the media have against autism. It seems from my perspective, they actually delight in shining a negative spot-light on the subject. Shameful!

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-255486 ... -attention

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm

I think you missed the point - this article is sympathetic the mothers/families, not the people who are accusing them of faking.

But anyway, they are allowed to report news stories, no? If they can report that a mother fakes other kinds of illnesses in their kids, why not Autism?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm

Maybe I am missing something, but as far as I could tell, the story seems to say nothing negative about autism.

As I read it the story was about misbehavior by teachers who did not want to provide services for an autistic child and accused the mother of Munchausen's by proxy as a way of doing that. The story seemed to be saying that the teachers were very wrong to have done this.

What did I miss?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:46 pm

It seems like the British are becoming envious of the American ways of slinking out of public funding of needed services, and they're being much worse at it than the Americans, too!