Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 6:52 am

i sweat less than most ppl

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2014, 7:03 am

ashkent wrote:
I don't think it's specifically related to AS/ASD, but the condition is called hyperhydrosis. If it's too much of a problem you should visit your GP/physician. If they agree it's an issue there is the possibility of having an operation whereby your sweat glands are cut (eg in the armpits) to reduce the sweating. My uncle had it done.

Yes, and you normally get sent for iontophoresis, and given you're in Kent, it's normally at Maidstone Hospital for the west of Kent, and William Harvey for the east. Allegedly, Darent Valley don't do it. My Kent GP was a moron, but under London, I get good treatment. I think the operation is a last-resort.

The NHS refuse to do Botox, which does actually help!

Last edited by 12341234 on 26 May 2014, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 7:09 am

Sweating is something many people have problems with. even more if you are really out of shape.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2014, 10:39 am

Yes....I sweat so much. Plus although I wear deodorant, I don't wear antiperspirant. I've learned not to care about what people think about it, but it is sometimes uncomfortable to be wet.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 10:44 am

I go outside to be alone, or I try to busy myself.

I have a larger build and live in a warmer climate but find that the people around me sweat when they do the same kind of exercise and the same kind of intensity.

serenaserenaserena
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 5:48 pm

I sweat more than most people, and I have a sensory problem with it too. I got prescription-strength deodorant though, and it helps a lot.

~~~
Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
~~~

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 6:16 pm

I feel like I do, sometimes. Glad to find out I'm not alone.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 6:42 pm

I used to sweat a fair bit when I was more out of shape. I'd also have pretty noticeable BO.

Now I don't sweat at all unless it's really quite hot and/or I'm really exerting myself. Also, I don't have BO - my sweat barely smells at all. I haven't even used antiperspirant for more than a year and a half now - just one of those natural solid salt crystal deodorants.

I'm sure a part of it was that I sweat more when I was fatter vs. fitter. As for BO, it likely comes down to diet. With a much cleaner healthier diet now, there isn't really any nasty stuff to sweat out and cause BO.

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2014, 10:35 pm

Yes. I have wondered at times if I had hyperhydrolysis.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 4:07 pm

Me too. It is unccomfortable. I hate feeling clamy, but even straight after a shower I start sweating. I dry myself off, then I have to dry myself off again because of the sweating. Even on cold days.

I wear aluminum chloride under arm antipersperant. It's the only thing that reduces the underarm sweat. I used to get big patches of sweat under my arms, but now I don't.

This is sweating that happens during very slight exertion, like just getting up and walking across the room. Everyone sweats when exercising, but hyperhidrosis is abnormal. I can start sweating when I'm sitting doing nothing.

I could walk to work, but I drive instead because if I walked I would be soaked Hythe time I got therein would feel disgusting all day.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 2:11 pm

I sweat a lot but I think it is due to the medications that I am on. Some medications increase sweating.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 3:20 pm

I think I sweat less, and I would rather sweat more, because I can get rid of more water if I sweat, so I don't have to go to the bathroom as much.

ReverieMe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 May 2014, 11:44 am

I sweat a lot because I have zero tolerance for heat/humidity. 78F and 36% humidity, and 5 minutes outside is my comfort limit and where I start to sweat.

I like 50's and low 60's.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2014, 2:16 pm

Only if I wear certain materials. I remember years ago someone gave me a wool shirt for Christmas, it looked really nice and I tried to wear it but I just couldn't it was making me sweat a lot more than usual, plus I couldn't stand the feeling on my skin.