Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 7:41 pm

just curious if there are any or if its possible

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 9:35 pm

I imagine that there are a few Aspie 1%-ers out there, but I doubt that they are known in the motorcycle club as such.

ImMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2010, 10:01 pm

I love motorcycles :D. So much fun to ride.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 10:24 pm

you really think its possible for someone with AS to be an outlaw biker? A 1 %er is much different from a bike enthusiast which anybody regardless of personality or backround could be a fan of.

But an outlaw? everything that goes with that title and all the stuff they do seems like the most uber-sharp contrast to the personality of an AS. With all the crimes they commit the in your face intimidation hardcore criminals.

thats like the Dhali Llama (sp?) at a firing range holding an AK-47

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 1:55 am

Yes, it is possible. There are both good and evil aspies and auties. The only handicap I can see for one of us being a 1%'er is the fact that we may not understand the social dynamics of a motorcycle club.

For those who are not versed in motorcycle culture, a 1%'er is a fully indoctrinated member of an OUTLAW motorcycle club (or gang as many would say). I'm talking about clubs like the Outlaws, Hell's Angels, Bandidos, Pagans, Warlocks, etc.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 2:05 am

lightening020 wrote:
you really think its possible for someone with AS to be an outlaw biker? A 1 %er is much different from a bike enthusiast which anybody regardless of personality or backround could be a fan of.

But an outlaw? everything that goes with that title and all the stuff they do seems like the most uber-sharp contrast to the personality of an AS. With all the crimes they commit the in your face intimidation hardcore criminals.

What you are saying only makes sense if AS is a personality or personality type, but AS is not a personality; there is no such thing as a singular AS personality or personality type.

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 2:26 am

as tight knit as some 1% are plus small groups per club id say its possible

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 2:20 pm

I really wanted a motorbike, but can't drive at all from sensory processing issues.

If I ever get some land of my own to mess around on, I shall get one, and ride it on my own land where I can't endanger anyone but myself.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

AS outlaw bikers are hard to imagine. If only 1% of bikers are outlaws, then imagine how rare it would be for someone with AS to be one. I'm not saying people with AS are morally better, but since people with AS are known to be sensitive psychologically and physiologically, a criminal lifestyle which involves a lot of stimulation wouldn't be as appealing to us. I'm not saying it's impossible though, I'm sure a combination of a need for stimulation and a lack of restraint can produce a criminal with AS.

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 May 2010, 9:49 am

There are many outlaw bikers who are Aspie.It requires Aspie characteristics more than hairdresser NT interpersonal skills.

agmoie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 May 2010, 9:53 am

There are different types of Aspie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Yd8E-IlVw

pandd wrote:
lightening020 wrote:

What you are saying only makes sense if AS is a personality or personality type, but AS is not a personality; there is no such thing as a singular AS personality or personality type.

stardusty
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm

i am a biker chick through and through! have many friends in the club- 1%ers. not tv land SOA. i've never even seen that show.

yes, i think it's possible to partner to someone in the club [if you're a female, be an ol' lady and wear property patch]. not for everyone whether on the spectrum or not, however. i am not fond of the term ''gang'' being used in place of ''club.'' i know far more non-biker, non 1%-er folks who are bullies/ganging up on others for no reason. most 1%-ers will not be going out of their way to hurt people and/or draw negative attention to their club. at least not the people with whom i associate.

eta: i ride my own and wrench on my own. old school. HD.

PS- bingo, agmoie! you nailed it. :)

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 12:00 am

This an old thread however I find the topic intriguing and have put some good thought into it. I think there are very high numbers of people with AS in biker clubs. These clubs can provide the "brotherhood" and social status that aspies often crave yet can never attain. These clubs have can have a lot of problems with members partying too hard, slacking off and doing the drugs there suppost to be selling, aspie type work ethics and aversion to the larger social gatherings can make them good. profit centered workers, splinter skills and expert knowledge on useful topics can be extremely useful too. Aspies are known for being loyal and trusting to a fault and that is everything in biker clubs, if an aspie can be loyal to the law why can't they learn to be loyal to there chapter president and club instead? I think as far is membership is concerned it would help to know someone already in the club and have the ability to pretend to be somewhat normal when need be.

I bet as many as half of the members aspie or not joined as marginalized and vulnerable members of society just looking for a group to belong to and some people to call friends and family.