less than average 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
lousy 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
horrible 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 31

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:28 am

my mathimetical skills are bad, but my computers skills are HORRIBLE.

not your stereotype aspie by any means.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:30 am

I'm horrible at math, but I seem to be good with computers. XD

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:43 am

I am very proficient in maths. I got into Round Two of the UK Senior Mathematical Olympiad (a national competition, you can tell by "UK". Senior meaning by 16-18 year olds. Olympiad is the second level after the Challenge - only the top 5% of the Challenge get into the Olympiad I think). Although Round Two was bloody difficult and I couldn't get any further. I have very fast mental arithmetic skills too, often coming up with an answer immediately and not knowing consciously how I worked out.

Computers I am good at. I am fast with using them, and I am fast with learning about them. However I don't have as much time as I used to have for exploring them. I used to spend hours on the computer as a kid. I could program in three different computing languages by the age of 12. But now I am more into textbooks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 11:56 am

I do pretty well with practical math, not well with abstract math.

I'm pretty good researching on computers....but pretty poor when it comes to maintenance.

Luzhin
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2014, 12:25 pm

Math: skills probably pretty bad beyond basic stuff

Computers: I would say average. Didn't even touch one until I was in my 40's

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

Math: I've always been good at maths. I majored in physics and pure maths as an undergraduate in university.

Computers: I do programming, mainly c++.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm

AS a kid I was terrible with math. It was only in social studies that I excelled. When I got to the college level I was okay with math. As far as computers - I'm probably slightly better than average - but only slightly. My special interest has been in philosophy and social science related subjects.

- Albert Einstein

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 1:54 pm

Numbers were always difficult for me. Good with navigating on computers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

None of those, I am terrible at math and pretty good with computers, not really a lot of technical stuff but I can usually figure out how various things work pretty easily, using one does not ever really confuse me in any way...whereas some people panic when they try and send an email and a window pops up asking 'are you sure you want to send this' and they options are yes or no and are like 'what do I do!'. I probably would not pass a computer class though if I where to go back to college and try taking one.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

I chose "good", but only because I'm better with maths and comps than most people, but not as good as some.

Although, lately I've been discovering and reporting software issues to the boffins at work, who will then deny that anything is wrong with their software ... about a week or two before a corrective patch is issued for the exact issues that I reported ... :lol: :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm

I suck at both. :?

FautheralLoather
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2014, 2:24 pm

No and no. I generally suck at pretty much everything, making me an autistic failure.

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm

I do average... perhaps above average with both. I just have little interest in either. Well, perhaps math for music purposes. I once studied IT but the notion of using computers pretty much 24/7 put me off (who would've though that was part of the course, lol)

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2014, 10:10 pm

I have dyscalculia, so maths are near impossible. My intelligence makes me piece them like a puzzle in class and my notes in class are a jumbled mess of "take the curvy piece and it values _________." and I can barely get B in the class.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:07 am

I don't class myself as good at mathematics. I've done reasonably well with qualifications, but not without a lot of trouble, and my grades were only just enough to get me a pass. I guess I have some kind of a flair for the subject on a fairly elementary level, but nothing more. I do better than the general public, but worse than a mathematician.

Computers - I'm good at certain aspects of computing, but there's a lot of it I know nothing about.

MathematicalOwl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2014, 10:44 am

I'm very good at maths but I don't know much about computers.