POLL: When's the last time you spoke to another person?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

When's the last time you spoke to another person face to face other than for work only?
Today or yesterday 80%  80%  [ 56 ]
A few days 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
A week 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
A couple weeks 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
A month or more 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 70

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 7:35 am

When's the last time you spoke to another person face to face?

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:14 am

I spoke face to face with someone yesterday.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:20 am

I've spoken to people today.

I also howled, meowed, and growled to a few people.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 9:28 am

well, i'm at work and part of a development team, there is no way i can prevent speaking to other people during weekdays...

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

This poll should be redone to put "speak to several people today." on the list as well. It' seems like you assume that we never talk to other people that often.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 12:38 pm

Yesterday I talked to a man who needed directions plus a barista. Before that... a few days. No one to talk to, and I've been sick.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:19 pm

Yes, qualify what talking to is, as well. I often "speak" to cashiers if they greet me. They will say hello, how are you? And I will respond, Fine, how are you? Just politeness and that's it. I don't normally ignore people if they greet me. But more than three sentences with someone outside the family? I can go at least a week usually...

This week (thankfully) has been a rare one full of conversation!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 2:29 pm

A couple of days ago when my mom came over to show me how to make her potato soup. I usually go about a week in between face to face conversations.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm

i talk to people on the job, and i talk to people whose dogs i patted because it's not polite to pat a dog and ignore the owner. if i had my way, i'll only talk to family members. dont care if i never talk to another person outside my family face to face or on the phone ever. only online.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm

Barely even 10 minutes ago. It was my landlord though, so I'm not entirely sure if it counts. Even if it didn't, I still ordered some food today, and asked some strangers for directions to the community college here.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 2:56 am

About a week, but I honestly prefer not to talk to people face to face (with the exception of my girlfriend, who I text every day).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2015, 3:16 am

Haven't been verbal with anyone for about 3 days.

pirateowl76
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2015, 3:46 am

I spoke a little bit to the dental assistant and then the dentist yesterday (tooth cleaning). Prior to that, I spoke a little bit with a friend of my mother's, when my mother and I ran into her in the store while grocery shopping (my one weekly outing).

I usually don't have much difficulty talking to people if they're friendly and seem interested (though I never look up at their faces, so they better make it clear who they are, else I might have no idea who I'm talking to :oops: ). That's not my main issue.

Rather, it's simply not having the opportunity to chat with somebody very often, due to 1. me being nearly housebound (not mainly out of anxiety, I just have nowhere to go and no way to get anywhere and nobody to go anywhere with), and 2. practically nobody being interested in talking with me about anything I have much to say about, even if I could get out more. :| (That's awkward grammar but whatever.)

So, tl;dr--yesterday. Not like it was an indepth conversation or anything, though...mostly it was about mouthwash and such. :?

I do not remember when was the last time I had a nice indepth conversation about a shared interest with someone else...the last time I regularly did that was when I was around twelve. :cry:

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

20 Mar 2015, 5:39 am

I presume this doesn't include the people you live with, or people wh knock on the door?

I think you needed to have a "more than a year option" for me, it's been about 1 and a half years since i last spoke to anyone, even then it was former work colleagues.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Mar 2015, 8:14 pm

I speak to my girlfriend everyday she's not staying for afew nights with family.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 8:45 pm

I don't get the point of this poll. I don't think there are many non-verbal people or complete shut-ins on WP, so most everyone will have spoken to someone very recently.