Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Twistedsis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

How many of you with aspergers or pdd-nos enjoy cuddling or that type of physical touch?

Ivory
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2015, 5:35 pm

I thoroughly enjoy cuddling, but only with people I know very well, and not when my senses are overwhelmed. So yes and no. lol

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

I enjoy cuddling with women, not with men.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 5:37 pm

I love to cuddle when I've grown emotionally close to someone, yes. If I'm in a relationship I'm really into cuddling and I have to be with a person who likes the same level of contact. When I was a kid I was a cuddling monkey with my mother.

I even don't mind social hugs, although I can feel a bit awkward and not sure I'm doing those right, even while I don't mind them.

And definitely if I'm experiencing a sensory overload I can't do anything like cuddling just at that time, but the rest of the time I like it.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

I would love to cuddle, but I have nobody to do it with. I've hugged a few girls my age and it felt great.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm

Yes, but only with the right person.
I have trust issues with people and normally want to keep some safe distance.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 11:35 pm

If I am emotionally involved with someone, then I am all about cuddle time, so long as I am not overwhelmed by something.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2015, 11:42 pm

Twistedsis wrote:
How many of you with aspergers or pdd-nos enjoy cuddling or that type of physical touch?

I love to cuddle with my girlfriend, there's literally nothing more relaxing to me.

Logston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2015, 11:44 pm

Only with dogs and some other girls. It can't have a sensual or intimate feel to it, though. Just a comforting one.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 1:07 am

I really like cuddling with my partner, but I get sensory issues that tend to limit how much of it I can cope with, my emotional and physical comfort needs antagonise each other a lot.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 4:52 am

I love cuddles, whether they're romantic, family or friendly. It doesn't matter what mood or state of mind I'm in either. In fact I want cuddles even more when I'm tearful or angry, etc.

The only time I don't want anyone touching me is when I'm about to vomit. But thankfully that don't happen often.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 4:59 am

Cuddling falls under "firm touch" to me, so I like it. Only with my husband, though.

I like "firm hugs", too, but only with family members.

I hate "social hugs" that are not really hugs. They are just these "lean into you and put my arm around you lightly and tap you on the back" things. The feeling of fakeness is even worse than the feeling of the touch.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 10:03 am

There are social hugs that are real, firm and sincere hugs too.

When I mentioned being okay with social hugs, I didn't mean fake barely touching ones. I just meant normal hugs that are "greeting hugs, (hence my use of the word "social," which is all I meant by it, not "fake") from someone doing it properly as a greeting. "Social" is not synonymous with "fake".

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2015, 10:05 am

I've never been much of a cuddler (as an adult, that is...I did used to enjoy cuddling with my mom as a child), and I don't really desire cuddling, especially lately. That could be due to my ever-worsening antisocial, bitter, cynical attitude, though. I just don't tend to want to be close to other human beings in any way, shape, or form these days, and I feel like most people are scum.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 2:30 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
There are social hugs that are real, firm and sincere hugs too.

When I mentioned being okay with social hugs, I didn't mean fake barely touching ones. I just meant normal hugs that are "greeting hugs, (hence my use of the word "social," which is all I meant by it, not "fake") from someone doing it properly as a greeting. "Social" is not synonymous with "fake".

I wasn't even thinking about your earlier post - honestly didn't even notice the "social hugs" comments as I was reading through. I didn't know what else to call what I was talking about.

I guess I meant greeting hugs, which I do not like.

You are right - social is not synonymous with fake.

I have not experienced "real" social hugs or greeting hugs.

Laurelynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2015, 6:09 pm

I do like hugs and that sort of thing, but I can get overwhelmed easily. And I really only like that much touching with someone I know very well and trust.