Do you get in trouble on other forums?

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

03 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

I've had problems on other forums & was petitioned to be banned on one before I left. I was going through a bad depression & I posted alot about things trying to sort things out that got interpreted as me being a narcissistic complainer refusing to listen to advice & I got accused of trolling. This is the only forum I use nowadays.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2015, 10:20 pm

The only forum I've ever gotten banned from or even had any trouble on is the satirical Landover Baptist Church forum. Apparently pointing out that they are a parody will get you banned faster than you can say jackrabbit. I've actually had multiple accounts and have been banned on each one, the last time because I trolled them. Otherwise I'm very careful with what I say online.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 10:37 pm

No, though I haven't really done much anywhere else, and most of it has been on forums with a technical purpose such electronic cigarettes and computer music making. Can't easily get into trouble with technical discussions. Though I was once asked by a moderator to stop talking about the ethics of pirated software, in case it started a flame war. I saw the point and complied. I have a presence on Facebook but I don't say much there, for many reasons. I'm a polite guy as well, which probably helps.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 3:16 pm

I got in trouble on EmptyClosets too because one of the admins refuses to accept asexuality as a valid orientation and wanted me not to suggest it as a possibility to people who were questioning their orientation.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

Ettina wrote:
I got in trouble on EmptyClosets too because one of the admins refuses to accept asexuality as a valid orientation and wanted me not to suggest it as a possibility to people who were questioning their orientation.

Was your account restricted, banned or did you just get a warning? I like the people on EC, I just hate the censorship.

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 5:06 pm

I used to be a member on another forum. I got bullied a lot and the bullies would blame me for it, making me feel as if I was overreacting or playing the victim. People would always start fights with me, send me abusive messages, tell me they wished I was dead, bully me on every thread I made and make threads to mock me among other things, and other people would take their side and barely anyone ever stuck up for me. They kept saying to me that everyone thought I was "annoying" and "scary" and that everyone hated me. They would accuse me of trolling and say that I was the one who started all the fights. People would always tell me to ignore people who were bullying me and not respond but they never said anything about the other person's behaviour towards me being wrong. Apparently, the only reason the drama kept continuing was because I wasn't ignoring people when they said nasty things to me. People I didn't even know would turn against me. Once someone was being nasty to me and when I responded back to him a huge fight started and I ended up getting temporarily banned for it. It was horrible.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 2:59 am

I also got into trouble on my Facebook class group. My class wanted to raise funds in order to buy gifts for the teachers(it was not intended as bribery, just an innocent disinterested gesture). I didn't want to contribute, so I wrote: "I won't give you any money and I don't give a damn about the teachers or anyone else.". That's when all hell broke loose. For that post I was called names and accused of cyberbullying. I later left that group.
Here's my advice: if you get into trouble on a forum, just stop going there.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

No

I have only been on 2 other forums. Both were small and about my interests.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 3:05 pm

No. I generally don't go looking for trouble. If someone insults or disagrees with me I try not to let it get to me.

And in any case I've only used one other forum.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 3:31 pm

I was banned twice from the now non-existent AmericanGirlFan message board. I could still access americangirlfan.com, but my IP was blocked from the board. I discovered the usage of proxies do mask my IP and secretly browse the forum, but I couldn't post.

The first ban was, I guess, understandable. I was venting and didn't really take much notice of the other girls' advice, so the owner banned me for a week.

The second ban was the result of a nasty flame war, of which I was one of four participants. One of my opponents had a long history of annoying and attacking other members, but the site owner took an unusual amount of pity on her and didn't ban her, despite the fact that she had been the catalyst for the flame war (not that the rest of us didn't also share responsibility). My other opponent, who later became my friend, informed me that the site owner went easy on the other girl because she was allegedly autistic. This was before I suspected autism myself.

That second experience definitely taught me to shut up. I've never been very outspoken online since.

tsahpina
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

i got warned and banned from a thread about hiding one's boobs. i believed and still believe that the one was pretending to be embarased of her big boobs and that the real reason was boasting of them. but i should not have said it in public. and because i did,it was i who was punished and not her who was pulling our noses.
i thought that is how nt's behave but now i see it's the same here. so i was punished for being an aspie...

anyway i believe the nt's are
THE PHENOMENA CALLED NT'S!! !

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm

Okay, so I went over to the Landover Baptist Church forum, and the recent thread titles on basically every forum in it's index had me laughing already. And then I read a few posts and figured I would definitely have to sign up and poke some fun at these people. Wish me luck in getting banned. Seriously, this might be the dumbest forum I've ever been on and just the thread titles are enough for me to piss my pants laughing.

Haven't been banned anywhere but I'm working on it now. :lol:

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
Okay, so I went over to the Landover Baptist Church forum, and the recent thread titles on basically every forum in it's index had me laughing already. And then I read a few posts and figured I would definitely have to sign up and poke some fun at these people. Wish me luck in getting banned. Seriously, this might be the dumbest forum I've ever been on and just the thread titles are enough for me to piss my pants laughing.

Go for it! But before you get banned, make sure you have some fun at their expense. :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm

Although I'm not trolled/bullied, banned, harassed, or broke any rules, being pointed as annoying or the like but one thing is certain: I do feel I'm a thread killer in **ALL** forums I participated and posted with.

But I could care any less now as I'm used to it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 6:02 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:

Please read this first:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church
:jester:

tsahpina

05 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

lukecash,congratulations.
knowledge and ignorance,i love it.
there is not as much lie anywhere as in sex,religion,politics and money.
now that i found four human fields where lie dominates,i can see that humans are dominated by lie...

anyway i believe the nt's are
THE PHENOMENA CALLED NT'S!! !