Yes 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
No 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Other-please comment 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 3:11 pm

Have any of you guys ever had a problem with taking things or wanting to take things without permission ? Either now or in the past?

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

in the past.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

I take(and do) things all the time without asking and here is the reason why. I tent to find myself getting no for an answer way more then others do. It could be my asperger that causing it. But I believe it has to do more with my inability to explain to the other person, why I want to borrow/do something. I know that there are reasons for someone to say no. But it's gotten to the point that I just stop asking because I am almost guarantee be told no.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 5:04 pm

I no longer get impulses to grab shiny things like I used to as a schoolboy, don't know exactly why. When I was a child I used to shoplift a bit, but these days my house is so full of (legally-acquired) stuff that I have little room for anything else, so I don't covet other people's property much. I've got most of the stuff I want. I didn't ask too many questions about the music, programs and videos I've received over the years, but that's all copies of things, it's not depriving the owner of the original.

I used to borrow stuff at work without going through the proper channels, but I always returned it. Sometimes it was the only way to get the job done, and it was common practice. I did take a few pairs of plastic gloves, which was a bit naughty, but again it was common practice and I never did it wholesale, the management didn't care as long as it was tiny amounts of things it had tons of. I'd never have caused any real trouble.

Morally my attitude to stealing is very "Robin Hood." I'd feel very guilty if I thought I'd taken from anybody who wasn't considerably richer than I am. But I have no moral objection to direct-action redistribution. If somebody robbed a bank without hurting or scaring anybody, I wouldn't mind.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 5:20 pm

I'm the opposite then. When I was small I once bought a pile of comics from the local news agency. When I got home and looked at the the covers I realised that I had paid only sixpence instead of a shilling for one of the comics. I was so distraught I immediately went back to the store, apologised to the store keeper and paid him the extra sixpence. Been like that most of my life.

Laurelynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Morally my attitude to stealing is very "Robin Hood." I'd feel very guilty if I thought I'd taken from anybody who wasn't considerably richer than I am. But I have no moral objection to direct-action redistribution. If somebody robbed a bank without hurting or scaring anybody, I wouldn't mind.

I feel the same. If someone needs the money more than whatever company or store they're stealing from, I don't mind it.

I've never stolen anything personally, but I've gotten very close. I've been thinking recently that I want to steal stuff, sell it, then donate the money to charity.
Speaking of charity, you all should donate to this one- http://www.destinyrescue.org
(don't mind me, just promoting my choice charity here :lol: )

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2015, 9:48 pm

I habitually take things from houses, offices and basically whatever place I happen to be in. Even things that are pretty much useless to me but I take them anyway. It's kind of an impulsive thing.

i've never taken anything from a store because I've always assumed I'd be caught.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

13 Jul 2015, 1:42 am

I was never like that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition