Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:29 am

In case you don't know, "The Inbetweeners" is a British sitcom about 4 teenage boys in the sixth form at a comprehensive school.

It's so brilliant. So funny. And so relatable if you're British. I love Neil and Simon, they are so cute. Jay is ok, and Wil is funny but I wouldn't fancy him. Mark Donovan is gorgoeus too, and Mr Gilbert is quite dishy too.

But anyway, I do love this show. I have all the episodes on DVD, plus the 2 movies, which are also funny.

Does anyone else like this show?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:46 am

I'm glad you're smiling.

No, we don't get it here in the US.

Maybe some day, we'll get it---like we get "Keeping up Appearances."

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

They did actually do an American version, though it was either just the pilot or maybe just one season, but it wasn't well received. They also did an American version of Red Dwarf and that was awful too, you just can't translate British humour to America. The only time I think it has been successfully done was with The Office, but they made the American version different from the UK one and made it more "American" in its humour and situations.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:59 am

Sanford and Son, the American comedy, was based on a British comedy known as Steptoe and Son.

catunderfoot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2016, 10:27 am

I love The In-betweeners!! My boyfriend and I binge-watched the whole show just before the first film came out. I did try to watch the American version, but I couldn't even make it through the first episode. MTV adapted it, and they're not great at, well... anything. :P

Also, I think the original series is on Netflix right now for those in America interested in giving it a try.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

The way I see it, The Inbetweeners reminds me of a British version of South Park (except it's not a cartoon).

I am so in-love with The Inbetweeners, that I want to write my own version of it, in a story (since I love writing). But I don't want it to be exactly the same. I was going to write a story about 4 middle-aged men with similar personalities of the Inbetweeners characters, but I'm having difficulties trying to think of what sort of occupation of employment they could be in.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:37 pm

Chichikov wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

They did actually do an American version, though it was either just the pilot or maybe just one season, but it wasn't well received. They also did an American version of Red Dwarf and that was awful too, you just can't translate British humour to America. The only time I think it has been successfully done was with The Office, but they made the American version different from the UK one and made it more "American" in its humour and situations.

What? American Red Dwarf? That sounds like a challenge....

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:47 pm

...As far as 70s US sitcom-from-Britcom hits , All In The Family and Three's company (and the 3's Co spinoff about the Ropers) were all based on Limey shows too :) !

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sanford and Son, the American comedy, was based on a British comedy known as Steptoe and Son.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 7:11 pm

underwater wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

What? American Red Dwarf? That sounds like a challenge....

It used to be available on YouTube, might still be if you search. It had some of the UK cast, Rimmer and Kryton I think.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:52 pm

I don't care for South Park much.