Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 6:15 pm

How many people tend to rock back and forth and for you, in what situations do you tend to do it? Also, how do people around you typically act when you rock?
For me, I do it when I am overwhelmed in social situations or crowds and when I am really anxious. I get yelled at by my family when I do it, even though I feel like I cannot control it.

-Gwen :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 7:44 pm

I do that as I'm falling asleep if I've had a very rough day. I do it laying on my side as opposed to sitting in a chair. i guess you could say that I rock myself to sleep.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 7:54 pm

I rock back and forth a typical amount. In rocking chairs and when im hyper. Its not my main stim. Mine is throwing myself to the ground and hitting my head on walls. I find it soothing ina way.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2016, 8:44 pm

I tend to rock back and forth if I feel sick/nervous/overloaded.

Just one of many stims.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 9:21 pm

I do it regularly, it's one of my main stims.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 11:48 pm

I rock pretty much all the time when sitting upright.
And I roll from side to side when in bed.
Rock and roll! Image

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 12:36 am

To focus my attention or if I feel not quite right and to relax...I rock back and forth when I'm about to sleep in bed too. When I could get easily overloaded, I rocked back and forth more.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

25 Jun 2016, 2:19 am

I used to do it a lot when I was relaxing by myself or was a little kid but I don't really do it anymore.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

jonathan88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2016, 3:10 am

sometimes rock my feet to relieve anxiety, not sure it actually helps but it happens instinctively

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2016, 8:03 am

I tend to rock when I'm processing data for work, and writing, or just feeling excited. Also -my patented left hand shake. I try to do it only when I'm alone or among the right group of friends, but it feels satisfying, like I am accomplishing things.

RTSD
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2016, 8:34 am

I used to do it all the time. Now only if I need help to focus or if I am very upset and can find a place along the wall to sit and softly bump my head on the wall while I rock to calm myself down. My friends have me proofed the house though, I don't think I have anyplace left to bump my head on the wall. They have my safety in mind but they don't understand that it does me more damage not having the ability to bump it on the wall and that I won't hurt myself, I just need the stimulation to function properly.

LittleLu
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2016, 9:32 am

I rock back and forth when I'm excessively happy or enthusiastic about something. I actually rock more often when I'm happy and/or drunk than when I'm stressed, but I do it for both emotions. I also tend to rock a lot when I'm trying to focus on something I'm working on or when I'm reading. I do it frequently, and my wife has a habit of pointing it out like it's a fault of mine. I've explained it to her, though, that it helps me keep sanity and focus, and she's backed off from it. I don't try to rock around the rest of my friends and family, though, due to social acceptance reasons. If I absolutely must, I'll sneak into a bathroom to sit and rock for a few minutes until I get the urge out of the way.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 11:56 am

It is a natural rhythm of life, nothing to do with anxiety for me.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2016, 7:53 pm

I like to rock and bounce, when possible. I rock when happy, excited, but also sometimes when nervous. I do not worry about what anyone thinks because I am grown. I also bounce on my toes while waiting in line but I have managed to tone that down a bit.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 7:59 pm

I only rock very slightly but I've noticed I tend to do it in stressful situations, like if I'm having a really tense conversation with someone. Or I do it when I'm in a bright/loud/crowded type of place.