Music (Rock, Pop Punk, Metal etc)
Going to gigs
Wrestling (WWE)
Podcasts
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Peep Show
Paranormal topics

Last edited by TrashBoat on 14 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2016, 2:44 pm

Obsessions:

Germany (learning German)
Iceland (learning Icelandic)
Finland (going to learn Finnish when I'm fluent enough in German and Icelandic)
The grim reaper
Friedrich Nietzsche
Radiohead
Sigur Rós
Chernobyl disaster and nuclear physics

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 1:28 pm

racheypie666 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
My biggest special interest has been Doctor Who for the past three (almost four) years. I also am really interested in Glee, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Star Wars, Star Trek, and several animes. My special interests are almost always television or pop culture related.

Are you hoping to have a career in film or television then? It's something I've considered. In college I won a competition to make a Doctor Who/SJA online game at the BBC, it was awesome. All the major shows had their own office and the Doctor Who one had a TARDIS (locked :cry: ), and antique cabinets and cloches with cybermen's hands, auton faces etc. in them. I sat in Stephen Moffat's armchair :D

Edit:

Oh and my special interests are art, ballet, literature (mainly Gothic, Romantic, 1920s), folklore, Expressionist cinema, certain specific books/tv shows/films. Plus others which come and go (knitting and programming at the moment).

Oh that is so cool! :) Did you see any Daleks? They are my favorite villian. I would love that! I'm not sure what kind of career I could have in television or film, but one would be ideal for me, I think :D

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2016, 2:19 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
racheypie666 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
My biggest special interest has been Doctor Who for the past three (almost four) years. I also am really interested in Glee, The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Star Wars, Star Trek, and several animes. My special interests are almost always television or pop culture related.

Are you hoping to have a career in film or television then? It's something I've considered. In college I won a competition to make a Doctor Who/SJA online game at the BBC, it was awesome. All the major shows had their own office and the Doctor Who one had a TARDIS (locked :cry: ), and antique cabinets and cloches with cybermen's hands, auton faces etc. in them. I sat in Stephen Moffat's armchair :D

Edit:

Oh and my special interests are art, ballet, literature (mainly Gothic, Romantic, 1920s), folklore, Expressionist cinema, certain specific books/tv shows/films. Plus others which come and go (knitting and programming at the moment).

Oh that is so cool! :) Did you see any Daleks? They are my favorite villian. I would love that! I'm not sure what kind of career I could have in television or film, but one would be ideal for me, I think :D

I did see Daleks :D I hugged one at the Doctor Who experience too! Weeping Angels are probably my favourite, but I think I would have been freaked out to see them lol.

WolfWhiteFire
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Nov 2016, 10:00 pm

Presently for me, I would have to say story. I love the story in some video games and books, sometimes if I am really interested I will read a 400+ page book in one day, or a few if I can't play video games for some reason. I do also like strategy games, but mostly I like story. Though I also have a tendency to be slightly interested in something, then spend several hours researching it.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2016, 3:39 am

WolfWhiteFire wrote:
Though I also have a tendency to be slightly interested in something, then spend several hours researching it.

Me too. At the moment I'm thinking of buying a new TV and have spent a few days researching the best TV for my budget and the size of my front-room. I also LOVE wikipedia and can spend days just hopping from page to page to page (at the moment 80's British punk/hardcore/grindcore/oi!).

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2016, 12:53 pm

Music
podcasts
physics
programming
RPG`s

That is about it.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

CrankyGoesToHollywood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2016, 1:36 pm

Music, especially shoegaze, dreampop and noise rock.
Crows
The internet
Puzzle games
Tsunamis
Bruce Springsteen

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Nov 2016, 1:25 am

My obsessions, or special intense interests would be:

Roller Coasters (and Amusement Parks)
Music (organs and dulcimers)
House Plans

There are also some interests/obsessions that tend to by cyclic for me, such as:

Caves
Mountains
Game Shows
Etc.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 2:31 pm

JakeASD wrote:
Words
My body - I am forever calorie counting and always worry I will pile on the pounds

Me too, for both. I am also continually evaluating/reevaluating my nutritional needs, macronutrients, water intake, heart rate, etc. I have 6 health-related apps on my phone that I use.

I also have loved words, grammar, and spelling my whole life. I'm constantly noticing mistakes (although I've learned not to point them out), and I have quite a large vocabulary, although I have learned not to use it most of the time because it angers people to hear words they do not understand.

I'm beginning to get interested in bodily science, medical science, or biological science, whatever you want to call it.