Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 1:34 pm

Did anybody ever throw stuff out of so much anger? I used to throw things in my bedroom, it was the only way to cope with being sooooo upset, I just had a burning feeling to throw stuff. Having soooo much anger made me want to scream too. I was living with my mom, at one point, I got VERY UPSET at her, I was hurting myself, once I almost cut my wrist.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

Yes.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2016, 3:21 pm

I used to..all the time. I used to smash my room up over something so trivial. Funny you write this, yesterday I had another meltdown due to sensory triggers. I almost smashed my phone, threw my chair and almost smashed the TV controls. Reaaaal bad. Sometimes it's unintentional and just happens but sometimes yes an urge to throw things

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

Yes, sometimes my anger just needs a physical outlet, and throwing things is better than doing harm to others or (more likely) myself. I try not to do it though, since I usually get called pathetic or similar.

My brother (NT) throws stuff all the time. There are holes in the walls from his outbursts, one perfectly in the shape of a phone.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

iCANTthinkOFaNAME wrote:
I used to..all the time. I used to smash my room up over something so trivial. Funny you write this, yesterday I had another meltdown due to sensory triggers. I almost smashed my phone, threw my chair and almost smashed the TV controls. Reaaaal bad. Sometimes it's unintentional and just happens but sometimes yes an urge to throw things

When I was a teenager, I messed up my bedroom so bad, I threw my tv remote to my wall & broke it. I also ruin my yearbooks. I don't throw things anymore.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2016, 11:14 pm

Yep. lost a couple of mouse controllers for my computer that way. lost a ps4 controller too. :(

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2016, 5:37 am

When I was younger and I had meltdowns, I used to fling things about left, right and centre. One time when I was about 7 or 8, I had a meltdown in school, and ended up throwing a chair at the class fish tank.
Nowadays I don't throw things anymore, but if I am a bit fed up of something, I may handle things with less care.

saffron
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2016, 5:41 am

I constantly have the urge to throw things when I'm in meltdown. Over the years I've taught myself not to because afterwards I am embarrassed to clean it up. Embarrassed of what I did. My alternate methods have been much more inward, and probably a lot less advisable, but at least no-one can laugh at me.

But yes, the urge to throw s***? IT NEVER LEAVES.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 10:57 am

I tossed plenty of phones against the wall, even one out the car window… That adds up pretty fast, fortunately they been insured. I also broke my hand once punching a street sign like an idiot.

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2016, 12:54 pm

Yes, I throw things during meltdowns. I once threw a cup of coffee through the kitchen window and another time, a cup through the fish tank. There was water everywhere, but I did manage to rescue the poor fish.

I don't tend to do stuff like that now because I'm on medication.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 1:59 pm

Yep. Been there. Done that. Still do now and then... but these days I contain my throwing to a designated 'dossa smash' spot in the basement. I have boxes of ceramic tiles (that no one wants) that I can hurl onto the cinder block walls. No harm no foul that way. It's good stress relief.

Halbert
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2016, 2:30 pm

Yes. I get the urge many times a day, but I rarely follow through since I really need to keep my job. Ever since I was 2, I've wanted to smash things. I'm now 60. The only reason I was never locked up is that I went to school in the 60s - 70s. People were a lot less touchy back then. What used to be considered kids playing with homemade fireworks would be called bomb making today.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 3:45 pm

saffron wrote:
I constantly have the urge to throw things when I'm in meltdown. Over the years I've taught myself not to because afterwards I am embarrassed to clean it up. Embarrassed of what I did. My alternate methods have been much more inward, and probably a lot less advisable, but at least no-one can laugh at me.

But yes, the urge to throw s***? IT NEVER LEAVES.

This is exactly me.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 8:29 pm

Yes, when I was younger. I had a very bad habit of smashing things over people's heads. Ive broken plenty of bottles. I cut back when I was made to clean up the mess I made. And after breaking something precious, realized something broken things are not replaceable.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 9:13 pm

Yes. I have the urge to throw things during a meltdown. I usually try to stop myself and bang on a pillow instead.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 8:53 am

I only throw things now if I get really, really upset, but I used to throw things a lot more. I broke things like remote controls, photo frames, and water bottles and other things a lot when I was in middle school through high school when I would have a meltdown.