Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:47 am

I spent over 3 years and 5000 posts here without ever once discussing politics. That's hardly the purpose of WP.

Also I think if one expects to go into the areas where politics are being discussed and expect everyone to hold the same views as oneself and not have their views challenged, then that person should never have gotten into political discussions anywhere at anytime, because they're just going to get all upset over it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:49 am

Sonic threatening Tick with the police was way, way overboard.

He should be banned permanently just for that.

If Sonic was that paranoid, he really needs treatment, badly.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:57 am

I wish there was a way to block certain forum sections. On another forum website I experimented with, there was. Some of us don't have the willpower to not go certain places. Whilst it doesn't pertain to me, it could possibly help others. I've also seen lots of threads that support the opposite of what you claim. Anyway, this isn't about someone's mental health or what people post. I wish you the best of luck and hope you reconsider.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 8:58 am

Edit: I probably made a bad joke

Last edited by EzraS on 14 Feb 2017, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:03 am

Politics is a good way to end up hating everyone ever, it's why I don't even really bother with Facebook anymore apart from the messenger, ends up making you hate all your friends cause of their political stances or whatever else.

I don't see the point of discussing it in a place where people are easily going to get offended though, especially on an autism forum. Go and join the forums of whatever you support politically instead, at least that way you're halfway there to being mostly in agreement with people.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Edit: I probably made a bad joke

bad? No
Poor taste? Maybe
Funny? Definately :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:19 am

If WrongPlanet.net encourages robust discussions within the political realm by including a subforum for that exact function with others which are simply milder versions of the same thing, then Free Speech rules the day. If, after all that, certain WP members enjoy their own brand of Free Speech at the expense of others, I would suggest that, either: 1) WP reconsider its expansive policies and rules allowing such speech, or 2) WP members themselves learn to live with what was wrought. Otherwise, what is self evident is that some WP members will go too far (but within the confines of WP policies and rules) according to other WP members who wish not to read so much Free Speech.

Since I joined WP in the midst of the 2014 U.S. mid-term federal elections, this has been a problem among WP members. I see no resolution except to curtail every member's Free Speech, because most members can't restrain themselves to stay within the policies and rules, or come within a whisper of violating them.

Maybe this is another opportunity to share the idea of those users who can't keep their speech in check might want to start reading The Mighty online, a website similar to WP for individuals with autism and a variety of many other disabilities. But, then, The Mighty doesn't encourage comments as much.

Good luck choosing what kind of site WP should be.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 9:34 am

Like many I would like to see Tick come back, and give WP a try again.

It is an autism forum, and not a debating club per se.

And there are ( I think perfectly fair) rules against racist posts. If a person wants a no holds bar ultimate fighting cage of uncontrolled speech then go to some other website.

But WP does have the PPR forum, and does allow a certain loose reign on that subforum.

So if you, Tick, do come back you have to learn how to survive by sidestepping things. Certain thread titles in the PPR are a giveaway that the original poster is just a White racist out to justify their racism (which is their right to do under free speech). But such threads quickly degenerate into all heat and no light. So if you're smart you just avoid clicking onto threads with titles like that because you know ahead of time that its just gonna be a waist of time.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 11:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Certain thread titles in the PPR are a giveaway that the original poster is just a White racist out to justify their racism (which is their right to do under free speech).

Actually, this is not the case.
PPR has guidelines. They aren't that long or complicated, but they do clearly delineate the boundaries of "free speech" within PPR. Topics of the kind you are describing are not allowed.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 11:41 am

Don't leave tick, that guy was a bully and a troll.

Fraser_1990
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2017, 1:02 pm

Just avoid the political section. I don't see the point discussing the likes of Trump or other political figures of his ilk, as I would not be able to contain myself. So I just avoid that section of the forum.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

PPR has fallen to shambles since Election Night. I hope the threads get better in that section.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

I hope you come back, Tick.