Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

brea593
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2017, 12:49 am

I just started taking it today (typical 1 mg) and I'm having a hard time finding anything useful about it in the autism community since its a blood pressure medication (nothing wrong there). My psychiatrist also mentioned that difficulty in socially interacting for those of us on the spectrum can easily translate into ptsd (I guess, but I've never heard that before). She thinks my generalized anxiety could actually be daily ptsd symptoms from years of IEPs, lost connections, bullying, and conversations that I couldn't navigate or express myself in.

She is apart of this community because her own daughter is on the spectrum and so that and her level of knowledge made me feel pretty good. I still understandably get anxious when I can't find anything to read on the internet about either of these things. So I'm lead to ask if anybody here has anything to add to a conversation about these things (found 1 post on WP but that was 9 years ago)?

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 9:52 am

Doxazosin is an alpha blocker and I haven't heard of it being used for anxiety but that's not say it wouldn't work. Beta blockers like Propranolol often are used for anxiety. Maybe they work in a similar way.