Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 5:57 am

I'm a small woman so I don't think anybody consider me scary. People actually seem to bother me a lot asking for money, asking directions, asking for a tissue. I do have a couple classmates who intentionally sit far away from me and ignore my small talks. I always thought that's because they're introverted and it's not my problem. They don't know I'm autistic of course and I really don't think it's relevant to tell them.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 8:29 am

I've been told my "sad" expression looks more like "ready to kill someone," so the answer is yes in my case.

OliveBunny
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Mar 2018, 10:00 am

I too have been told that my expression looks angry a lot. My daughter said, "You do have some serious resting bitchface going on!" LOL!! ! I am used to being misunderstood. Although, I still get frustrated and paranoid about it. I would love it if all the NTs would just cut back on the feigning of emotions. That would be great. Maybe then I could understand wth is going on! :wink: :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2018, 9:56 pm

People in general don't seem to think I'm scary, but most of the time I don't know what they they think. If they think at all.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 7:51 am

I like to think I am usually seen as friendly but I been repeatedly told (always by women around my own age) that I look like a serial killer or a pedophile. I suppose the former is a compliment since serial killers by nature look 'normal' and are usually well liked. I also had someone at work complain to a supervisor I made them "uncomfortable". How? I will never know as I was nothing but polite and professional.

As a general rule though I believe the answer is no.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Mar 2018, 9:17 am

Yeah, I heard several times from some women that they are scared of me.
And I am scared of them.

They say I'm unpredictable.
For me, they are unpredictable.

It's like they were dogs when I am a cat.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:51 am

It is embarrassing for me when I forget to paste a fake smile on my face. I do get treated like I am looking for victims to prey on. I have made kids cry in the checkout line of a store, because I looked at them. I have had people repeatedly walk away from me when I got to close to them. Some of them even got the shakes. I am not large and did not mean to scare them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 11:55 am

I don't scare too many people....unless I howl like a wolf.

I'm a short, sort of husky man.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 12:47 pm

Jutty wrote:
Do NTs ever seems scared or creeped out by you for no particular reason I sometimes feel that way. Last evening I was in Wal*Mart shopping for pillows. I was in the pillow aisle and a woman with her two teenage daughters walked into the aisle from on that was perpendicular to it. I then went to another section of the store and about 5 minutes later came back to look for some pillows again, I turned down the aisle and this family happened to be there, the younger one seemed to be grabbing on to her mother and glancing at me, like she was telling her to get out of that area because i was there.

Scary, no. Weird, yes.

LilLoki
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2018, 1:02 pm

the people here do not see me as scary but as a motive for joke :|

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 1:10 pm

I seem to scare women, when they don’t look simply disgusted, and maybe a few small men. Certainly nothing to be proud of.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2018, 1:47 pm

I'm just a little pathetic ex-anorexic gal and I've been told that I'm "intimidating" by enormous, muscular male nurses. And when socializing on the internet I tend to freak people out. I'm "intense", or so I've been told. Once I zero-in on someone and try to make contact I say too much and it overwhelms them, I suppose. And even my mum and dad are scared of me when I haven't taken my meds. Heck, I'M SCARED OF ME when I haven't taken my meds.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:24 pm

Andrewdarr wrote:

Wow. Looks like you're a neighbor of mine.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 3:45 pm

I’ve often been told to visit you :o

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Mar 2018, 12:54 am

I think I am not scary, although someone told me that women may be scared of me. I am not convinced. Most women ignore me (I think they are just not attracted to me, not that they would be scared of me). Other women and also children look at me for a long time, and sometimes they smile. I interpret a smiling woman differently (possible attraction) than a smiling child (find me not scary). Children sometimes ask me questions (I think they wouldn't if they would be scared of me).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2018, 1:14 am

Once I was standing about outside a McDonalds waiting for a friend, and these 2 kids were using me as a post to run in circles around chasing each other. That gives me the impression that kids are no way scared of me. I walked away in the end, feeling annoyed that kids even know how weak I look.

Also a couple of years ago, on the bus I was sitting in a seat at the front and it was a single seat. For some reason this seat amused this little kid who got on the bus with his mother, because as soon as he got on the bus he was crying and screaming because I was in the seat he wanted to sit in. The mother sat down and didn't seem to mind her kid standing near me crying to me that he wanted that seat. Of course this put me in an awkward situation because I felt too embarrassed to let myself get up in front of everyone to give a tantrumy kid his own way, a kid I didn't know, and his mother should be in charge of her son and sort him out, not me. But at least that proves that neither the kid nor the mother, thought I looked intimidating or scary.