Page 6 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 2:20 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
...you think you're pretty sociable (but not very social, granted) and try to be friendly to everyone, but you can count the number of actual friends you've had in your entire life on one hand.

...by the time you're comfortable enough with someone that you can get past your social anxiety and selective mutism and just talk normally with them, usually they've given up trying to talk to you.

...you type much better than you speak.

I agree with all of these!!

Also, you remember the birthdate of everyone you met in childhood.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 2:32 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
...you think you're pretty sociable (but not very social, granted) and try to be friendly to everyone, but you can count the number of actual friends you've had in your entire life on one hand.

Umm... Are you sure you are not me? :D Close friends... Yes... I can count four during my lifetime I think.
I know lots of people. I am friendly to everyone. I have to be due to prosoprognosia. Not only that, it really hurts me to know I have upset anyone. I feel suicidal. Yet I often don't know how I have upset people... I mean... I may hear why they are upset but I genuinely don't know how the situations arose (Or how to avoid them) which led to the situation which upset them.

But how do I know if what I have said above is related to an autistic trait or that I am just different?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 3:50 pm

Quote:

...by the time you're comfortable enough with someone that you can get past your social anxiety and selective mutism and just talk normally with them, usually they've given up trying to talk to you.

I can relate, sadly. :cry:

...you know this and it makes you feel depressed

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 4:08 pm

Joe90. You have friends here. :)

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 4:56 pm

You can talk 3 hours straight on a subject and be disappointed when the other person says they don't want to hear anymore.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 5:13 pm

But isn't that normal? :D

TinyHat
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jun 2019, 8:22 pm

Have you ever chewed on a Barbie Doll foot? Not a post good-chew, non-chewy Barbie Doll foot, but a good old pliable pre-mid eighties Barbie foot.

The most satisfying of all chews.

Sadly, my sister and I tried to recapture this childhood love of Barbie foot chewing a couple years ago ... and the texture is all wrong now. >:(

Goob234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2019, 9:27 pm

When you still remember the smell of each of your childhood friends houses. And how some of them you really didn't like the smell of. That's the first thing I notice when I walk into someone's house still.

neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
AQ test- 37

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 9:38 pm

Ooh yes. Smells of other kids houses... And smells of kids.. Not that I went round smelling other kids!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:43 am

Some people's houses really have weird smells!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 10:24 am

IstominFan wrote:
Some people's houses really have weird smells!

Yes. Most definately!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 1:59 pm

You have made up some characters and wrote a story about them, and you like these characters so much that you want to use them in a completely different story, but you find yourself refusing to do that because it 'won't make sense', even though nobody will know or care how you use your imagination in your stories.

You posted a video of you playing a good tune on the piano on to Facebook, but nobody liked or commented on it except for a few close relatives.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 3:30 pm

You're excited because it's almost half way to Christmas (routines, familiarity, repetition, tradition, less sunlight).

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 4:51 pm

"may" be, like "have permission to" or "might be"

Everyone "may" be autistic

Not everyone is :evil: autism :cry:

:D

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 5:04 pm

...you can't work at places where the music is on 24/7 because it distracts your mind.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 6:48 pm

You get up early even on a winter's morning to go to the supermarket, because you know there won't be any screaming babies there yet

You've been socially excluded so many times in your life that it hurts and you worry that one day you might commit suicide because the sadness of it is too overwhelming (it's OK, I won't commit suicide)

You cringe when you remember how socially inept you were at 14

Some of your problems are so unique that even Google can't find the answer

You have a strangely close bond with your teddy bear, and you're glad your boyfriend doesn't judge you for it

You know that if your house went on fire you will be saving as many possessions as you can until you almost pass out, then you'll evacuate

People criticise you because you enjoy getting buses

You see beauty in bluebottle flies