Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2007, 1:39 am

Anyone have problems sleeping? I do. Very bad.

The last semester at school I had no distinct sleeping pattern for about 6 months. I just rotated between 3 very different patterns, each lasting approximately a week and a half, and between those it was staying up for 2 days straight or just taking naps whenever I was tired.

Either way; not being able to sleep is lame, especially when I am really tired.

What do you do to fall asleep easier?

I should probably go to bed now! Have to work in 8 hours and it will take me an hour and a half to sleep!

Crazy_Ben
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2007, 2:02 am

Haven't been able to fall asleep before like 3-6am in years. Haven't been able to wake up before 12 in years either. Good think I'm just a grad. student (starting August 21st baby!)... Couldn't imagine having a job, particularly one where I had to wake-up early to get in there and do things that require thinking at that time of day...

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2007, 2:03 am

yeah but you're a grad student, now you're never gonna get a job.. haha

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 2:50 am

I will maybe fall asleep by 3 a.m....then wake up at 6 a.m. then go back to sleep at 10 a.m. then wake up at 1ish... then want a nap by 6 p.m.
good thing i am self-employed!

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 7:21 am

i have had sleeping problems all my life i have never slept well although I do sleep better now.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 8:29 am

I find it so difficult to sleep im tossing and turning all night.

EatingPoetry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2007, 11:19 am

I've had sleeping problems for a long, long time. As a matter of fact, I absolutely do not sleep at all without my nightly Trazodone.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 2:19 pm

It's really hard for me to sleep! I often fall asleep between 4 and 7 AM nowadays.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2007, 2:46 pm

I also belong to those people who encounter problems when they want to sleep. It started when I was 11 - suddenly I started to wake up in the middle of the night because I was choking - I simply forgot about breathing while sleeping :? 8O Has someone of you ever hade this problem too? This way I couldn't sleep for about several weeks, I don't remember exactly now but I was still tired then.

My problems with insomnia (but fortunately not with breathing) returned 6 years later and from that time I have problems with sleeping from time to time. I often can't sleep for few hours or I wake up much earlier than I should. I also can't go to bed too late, later than about midnight because if I do it it's highly possible I'll be unable to sleep at all that night. Fortunately I have very interesting dreams that reward me it (this night I dreamed something about the Terminator movies).

Last edited by Irulan on 31 Jul 2007, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Jul 2007, 3:03 pm

ive never had a problem sleeping until recently... now i go every week and a half or 2 weeks where 1 day i cant sleep, so i stay up and then my routine is screwed for days, it sucks, im thinking of medication, does not help that i work 3rd shift and the sun is out when im ready to sleep, heh, this website is not helpin eather i stay on to long.

simon2wright
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2007, 3:12 pm

I used to have loads of problems sleeping at night, even as a child I would stay awake until 3 or 4am. My brain just kept thinking about things, so I could not sleep.
I now take 25mg Amitriptyline and 5mg Prochlorperazine which works very well, it also helps with anxiety.
Simon.

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2007, 3:17 pm

I started taking a hypnotic a few months ago for awhile but it left a bitter metallic taste in my mouth in the morning. I haven't refilled the prescription and don't intend to.

luvinmykid
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2007, 3:58 pm

I don't sleep much. Last night I didn't sleep at all. I either don't sleep at all or I fall asleep around 2 or 3 am and then toss and turn the rest of the night. I tried Ambien and it doesn't work, I'm going to ask for Ambien CR at my next appt and see if that works any better.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 Jul 2007, 4:16 pm

My body seems to not be on a 24 hour circadian rhythm. So I tend to want to stay up slightly later and my pattern allways shifts forward. Not kept logs but I guess its less than 1 extra hour a day.

Cervantes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2007, 4:29 pm

That's weirdly coincidental (or perhaps symptomatic). I have tonnes of trouble sleeping too, and when I'm not working I always switch to a 25 hour day. It's very inconvenient when you end up going to bed at 9am ;) I looked into it and there's a theory that the latest ELE (the "dinosaur meteor") was large enough to actually speed up the rotation of the earth by a few percent, changing us from a 25ish hour day to a 24 one, and that some people and animals still display vestigial biorhythms of a 25 hour day.
Of course, that's just a theory...

Has anyone found any good nonprescription sleeping pills that work for aspies? I have horrible luck with doctors, and I haven't had time to research an aspie-friendly one in Edmonton, so a prescription is out for now, but I'd definitely like some help sleeping (stupid 8am job...)

Aradford
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2007, 4:35 pm

There's natural bullshi.. i mean natural melatonin pills....... they apparently reduce the time you need to sleep so you get more rest in a smaller time frame... but I don't think they HELP you sleep.

Best way I found is to just go to sleep whenever your tired and never force yourself to try and sleep because chances are you won't.