Does anyone get nosebleeds during a meltdown?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

queenofdoomydoom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jan 2020, 5:36 pm

So I just saw my therapist and she agrees it sounds like I could have ASD and am being referred to a psychiatrist. I also had to see my family doctor because my heart rate has been very high and after a few tests he says he believes it's anxiety and put me on propranolol. All of this is so exhausting and soul draining. I've had 3 meltdowns since Sunday and each time my nose started bleeding. This is new, the nosebleeds. My doctor said he didn't think it was the medication, thinks it could be I'm getting too stressed. Does anyone else get nosebleeds when they're very upset and is it normal?
Sincerly,
A confused and concerned potential aspie

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 5:45 pm

When I have a meltdown of sorts, I usually cry as well. When I cry, I have to blow my nose most of the time for some reason. I don’t think my nose has ever bled tho. Only when I have a cold.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2020, 7:33 pm

I used to get spontaneous nosebleeds when stressed, but the last one I remember happened when waking up. I have a vein in my nose that is closer to the surface than it should be, and nosebleeds were fairly frequent when I was young, sometimes saving me from bullying.