Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 11:58 am

:(

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:02 pm

It's war! Which side you fightin' on?

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 12:03 pm

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:33 pm

galatea wrote:
haha no not a war just a way 4 us al 2 coexist and so we all feel w belong

We'd co-exist much better without chat speak. k thanx by :roll:

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:36 pm

And honestly, you have to be kidding about factions?! I sure hope you are, it's such an illogical idea. All the work just so the "rude" people can stay one side of the site , and all the elitists ("not rude") can be on the other side?

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:37 pm

I'm on the Rude side ! Rude forever! *straps self to a nuclear warhead and starts throwing grenades*

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 12:38 pm

Elitists forever!! ! We have a cooler name!! ! w00+!!1111!!

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 12:42 pm

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

galatea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Sep 2005, 12:53 pm

Last edited by galatea on 28 Sep 2005, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:10 pm

I dont agree. If some people cant handle the fact that we all have different opinions then they should just post on their blogs or something where it is unlikely that anyone will disagree with them.

I can however understand the frustrations of those who have genuine problems feeling bellitled by those that clearly dont have as strong AS (apart from maybe the lack of theory of mind where they are at least as affected). Besides what about nasty pieces of work like me that no-one likes? Where do i go? Is this like school all over again except from this time i am too cool instead of too square?

mathogre
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2005, 1:11 pm

galatea wrote:
everyone could choose to if they wanted to place themself in a faction

you could have factions like

disabled and proud of it aspies
disabled and ashamed of it aspies
moderately affected and successful aspies

people would only go in them if they wanted and anyone could create their own faction it would be a way for people to define themselves beyond being an aspie or a person with an asd and a way to give them a more defined identity

I'm not sure where I'd be.

On one hand I might be in the moderately affected and successful aspies faction, given some parts of my life.

On the other hand, I might be in the disabled and ashamed of it aspies faction, given that most times I wish I was dead, and I'm sick and tired of engineering solutions to social situations every f&#*ing day, and I jump every time I hear a harsh noise, and I hate being around people, and I cringe every time someone misuses a word even just a little bit.

On yet another hand, I shouldn't even be here. Maybe that would be the aspies who don't belong in this place faction. You see, I'm on the wrong WrongPlanet. I'm a guy on the outside, a girl on the inside. Yes, I'm One Of Those People. I wear girl clothes sometimes. I should have been born a girl. I should have also not been born with Asperger's.

Categorize and isolate enough, and you'll get communities of one. You really want that?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:15 pm

Hi, galatea.

Thank you for the suggestion. One of the main goals of this board is to make it a safe place for everyone. That is a tough thing to do with the difference in wants and needs of all the members.

I hope that people feel heard here and safe. Please know that all the comments and suggestions sent to the moderators and admins are serious considered.

BeeBee

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 1:32 pm

It's been done.

Audies Unite Against the Visi Host!

The major difference is I split the parties among learning-style lines: auditory-sequential-verbal versus visual-holistic-spatial learning and perceptual styles.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 3:25 pm

I'm a side on my own. The UNSC/USC takes no sides....... WE DO HAVE WEAPONS! DO NOT BE ON THE FAR END OF AN AT-8

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 3:45 pm

i'm with BeeBee on this.

mathogre - is that gender dysphoria? i once knew someone with that (not terribly well).

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2005, 3:48 pm

mathogre wrote:
I'm not sure where I'd be.

On one hand I might be in the moderately affected and successful aspies faction, given some parts of my life.

On the other hand, I might be in the disabled and ashamed of it aspies faction, given that most times I wish I was dead, and I'm sick and tired of engineering solutions to social situations every f&#*ing day, and I jump every time I hear a harsh noise, and I hate being around people, and I cringe every time someone misuses a word even just a little bit.

On yet another hand, I shouldn't even be here. Maybe that would be the aspies who don't belong in this place faction. You see, I'm on the wrong WrongPlanet. I'm a guy on the outside, a girl on the inside. Yes, I'm One Of Those People. I wear girl clothes sometimes. I should have been born a girl. I should have also not been born with Asperger's.

Categorize and isolate enough, and you'll get communities of one. You really want that?

Right Wrong Planet.
My therapist keeps telling me I'm successful. (PhD in psychology, same job for almost 5 years, etc)
I'm dead tired of having to think about every ----ing interaction I have, and STILL making mistakes.
I hate being around people.
I'm One too.
Now there's more than One.
Factions is a loaded word. I would rather make a safe place for people to go when they are not feeling safe. Maybe in addition to having moderators we should also have mediators. However I am willing to bet that the moderators are already performing that function.
We are having this discussion on the invasion of WP thread. Feel free to join the discussion.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill