Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2007, 6:32 pm

Ok correct me if I’m wrong but I think the general NT consensus is either one of two things; A) Aspenger’s Syndrome/ADD is not life threatening therefore unimportant or B) Aspenger’s Syndrome ADD is not life treating therefore not a real disease/disorder.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 6:45 pm

title said autism,is this about classic/kanners/pddnos,the spectrum in general,or just AS?
don't think have never heard anyone say aspergers cannot be real or is unimportant because it is not life threatening.
have heard nts say a lot of people who say they have aspergers dont have it but say they do because it's fashionable though,and a common one with add/adhd-it doesn't exist or that it's caused by eating too many sweets.
if go on mostly nt forums,a lot of this crap gets posted.

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2007, 6:52 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
title said autism,is this about classic/kanners/pddnos,the spectrum in general,or just AS?

When I say “autism” I mean all the diagnosis on the autistic spectrum from classic autism all the way to borderline disorders like Pervasive Developmental Delays etc.

monkeykeeper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2007, 7:00 pm

I think NT's are incapable of really "empathizing" with the problem, therefor feel the need to discount it as a reality. I'm ADHD and it's incredibly frustrating dealing with misconceptions that abound in not only the lay community, but also within the medical community. Sadly, these issues can cause all kinds of actual life threatening situations.