Remembering Things From When I Was A Baby

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LolaCrazy
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2010, 10:23 pm

I have a great memroy and I remember plenty of things from when I was a baby. I remember songs that I heard back then, the song that I remember hearing the most is "Aquarious/Let The Sunshine In" by the Fifth Diemension. I even remember reacting to it. I remember hearing it again when I was a baby and I got tired of hearing it so I started to cry. I remember seeing the skyline if Tucson which is where I was born and I remember seeing Old Tucson. I remember hearing the Rolling Stones song "Honky Tonk Women" when I was a baby too riding in the car that my mom and dad had back then. I even remember the day that I was born! Belive it or not I even have memroies before that!

Am I the only one that has a memroy this good? Or is this common with pepole with AS? Whenever I tell my friends or any NT's about this they don't believe me. I saw someboy on YouTube that talked about this so that gives me a little bit of assurance and solace.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 10:39 pm

I remember getting smacked in the head with a door knob when my dad came home from work one time. I also remember just being able to see over the window sill to watch cars drive by and to watch the snow fall. There are some memories of mine of kicking around about being in my stroller and holding on to my dog's tail as he pulled me around house.

Last edited by Todesking on 01 Jun 2010, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 10:42 pm

I remember walking up and down a flight of stairs, hanging on to the bars of the railing.

phoenixflame22
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 May 2010, 11:10 pm

LolaCrazy wrote:
I even remember the day that I was born! Belive it or not I even have memroies before that!

I can remember thinking, when I was around three or four years old, that I could remember what it was like before I was born...I also claimed this to my parents, but for some reason they didn't really believe me!

I don't think that I can remember this now, but I know I really believed it at the time, at least. I can remember remembering, as it were...I can definitely remember things from the time when I was about 2 years old, though. 3 and 4 even better, and I can also remember though processes from that age.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2010, 11:38 pm

i have a few memories from behind a crib. one time when i was probably less than 2 years old, i crawled over my crib which was next to my mother's bed, and i jumped on her bed when she was sleeping, and crawled towards her- and she awoke with a startled "wha?" and then she quickly picked me up and put me back in the crib and moved the crib away from the bed. i remember not liking that at all- i felt she was abandoning me, it was a bewildering and sad feeling. i also remember being in a dark bedroom but with the door cracked open, and i could see the black and white console tv in the living room- it was showing a commercial for NAPA auto parts, as i remember the trapazoidal NAPA trademark of that era.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 12:26 am

I have some crib memories...I remember being in my crib, which was next to a window and there was a mobile of little wooden figures, that might have been replaced by a different mobile after a while.....I remember laying in my crib and pining for a little golden book that had nursery rhymes and pictures of Disney characters...but I also knew they were Disney characters..in the memory, so I don't know how accurate the memory is. I remember the layout of my room as I viewed it from my crib...hallway...crib next to window...closet just right of crib..bookshelf next to closet...I climbed out of my crib onto the open window ledge and my mom caught me just in time. It was a one story house, but it was elevated on cinder blocks....There was another bedroom past my nursery, and that was my parents bedroom...There was a door that led from that room to the bathroom where I remember my dad cutting my mom's hair while I was in the bathtub...another door from that bathroom led to the living room, where my dad listened to Fleetwood Mac and Jethro Tull and the Mocking Bird song..really loud while he cleaned and dusted...I have memories of still crawling and listening to Sgt. Peppers and the part of the album where it stops and starts repeating the same part over and over again, and I would space out to that...but I would frequently crawl after I learned to walk....BUT I knew it was Sgt. Peppers..at least in my memory of it...I was told later on it was a British copy of the album that had the end part where the needle would get purposely caught in the groove and go around and around repeating the same part forever....I do not remember being born, but I remember my maternal grandfather who died when I was 2...I remember going to my grandparent's house and being carried and the tall man in the leather recliner, and scooching myself down the sidewalk on a red plastic wheely thing...and I have lots of high chair memories at this cafeteria where I would go with my paternal grandparents, and the shapes of the multi-colored glass and the clackity clack of the high chair being wheeled down this long hallway to the cafeteria line...and the different colored jello....and stuff like that...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 12:35 am

LolaCrazy wrote:
I have a great memroy and I remember plenty of things from when I was a baby. I remember songs that I heard back then, the song that I remember hearing the most is "Aquarious/Let The Sunshine In" by the Fifth Diemension. I even remember reacting to it. I remember hearing it again when I was a baby and I got tired of hearing it so I started to cry. I remember seeing the skyline if Tucson which is where I was born and I remember seeing Old Tucson. I remember hearing the Rolling Stones song "Honky Tonk Women" when I was a baby too riding in the car that my mom and dad had back then. I even remember the day that I was born! Belive it or not I even have memroies before that!

Am I the only one that has a memroy this good? Or is this common with pepole with AS? Whenever I tell my friends or any NT's about this they don't believe me. I saw someboy on YouTube that talked about this so that gives me a little bit of assurance and solace.

I can remember back to about 9 months old. I developed a fixation with how fat back I could remember and would lay in bed every night trying to remember as far back as I could, which is why these memories never faded.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 6:17 am

Two memories. I was in the pram and there was a string of colored plastic balls about an inch in diameter across the top, I was trying to wriggle down the pram without touching the balls. Also a lot later I remember rocking backwards and forwards in an empty plastic baby bath I generated a static charge that made things tingle.

Not bad considering at least one of these memories is fifty two years old.

Vanilla_Slice

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2010, 11:16 am

I have quite a few memories pre five years old. I went to an Apostolic day care from before two until I was four. I remember a lot of my thoughts from that time as well. I once got upset during nap time because the teacher took her shoes off, but I wasn't allowed. There was a time that I was sitting in the office on the floor with a few other kids. We may have been in trouble, I'm not too sure, but I can remember how I learned that the carpet turned a darker shade when I ran my fingers in the opposite direction it was laying. That was quite distracting.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 11:22 am

Yupp. I remember being 3 years old, sitting in a chair with wheels on it, playing with colourful plastic cups, i remember a hornet that flew in through the window and my mom chases it away with a newspaper while my sister were screaming in fear for it. I remember my first day at school... (want me to go on?)

A couple of weeks ago, i met a guy that i had met about 5 years earlier and i told him about it, he said "Woow, i cant even remember what i did 1 year ago".

...how sad it must be to be an NT :)

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 11:34 am

I remember my mother being pregnant ... my brother was born before my second birthday. I remember her in a white and blue miniskirt, standing in the rain, while my Dad held me. My Dad had no beard in the memory, and my mother's belly was sticking out, so I must have been a year and a half old.

I remember trying to suckle off one of my uncle's chests... later I was told that I did this when I was about five months old, though I suppose I could be remembering another later incident.

I remember when my brother was born, throwing a tantrum because I wanted them to leave him in a field. According to my Dad I was eighteen months at the time.

I remember my nappy being changed, remember our cots, when I was about three I'd got over hating my brother and I remember scribbling on the cot because I wanted to put his name there. I remember our having matching pjs, only mine was pink and his was blue. I remember being excited that I could poo in a potty, and running to show it to my parents.

I remember a very traumatic incident as well, but that's probably not something I should talk about in public, since I don't know what my family would think.

I remember other things as well, but if I put down everything I remember from my first three years you'd all get bored... so I'll stop now.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 11:42 am

I remember committing grand larceny by stealing a veggie tale doll when I was about 4.

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2010, 11:49 am

I have memories from way back, too. Some my mother denied but later corroborated, after it came up enough and she finally thought about it.

I have memories of dreams from when I was 2-5 as well.

What are your memories like from before you were born? That's fascinating! Could you share some details?

Oh, and I'm mostly NT by the way, but you're right most NT's don't have such vivid early memories, just people who are "different" or very creative from what I can tell.

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

01 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm

I remember sticking my arms through the crib railing to line my matchbox cars up on the windowsill.

I remember the way the orange soda tasted at the neighbor's birthday party when I was about a year and a half.

I remember thinking and being angry in my first few years.

I remember, around 2 years of age, lifting the purplish glass that my mother had won at the gas station, and saying after dinner, "Superb cuisine!" (just as they had taught me), and hearing my parents laugh hysterically. I also remember having no idea why they were laughing.

I remember being mesmerized by a bright pink circle in the bottom right-hand corner of one of my children's books and staring at it for hours. I remember saying "ice cream!" every time I saw that color, despite never having had pink ice cream.

I remember the 60's commercial for (tires?) with the jingle "A-C-T-I-O-N spells ACTION! Duh Duh" (I was two or less).

I remember the exact pattern and color of the flames spreading on the bedspread after I successfully attempted to light a match, (had seen my parents do it many times), and since I didn't know enough to put it out, I dropped it on the bed when it started to burn my fingers. I was about 2 1/2 at the time.

My NT family members don't remember anything of their first several years of life.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 1:07 pm

I don't have memories going that early, only got some vague memories from when i was 4 or 5.

By curiosity... How is the world from the perspective of a babie? How were you thinking?

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 6:59 pm

My dad (whom I've always suspected has AS but was just never diagnosed) claims to be able to remember being born.