Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

About_A_Girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

anyone the same?

i aspired to being a writer so it was a good thing, in a way.

but now sometimes I can't control it, even in a crowd.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 1:16 pm

I daydream a lot.. primarily because im bored out of my skull most of the time. ^^

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 1:43 pm

I love to daydream! It's always been a big part of who I am. I never worry about daydreaming too much. Instead I worry when I want to daydream but find it difficult to do so, which usually happens when I'm ill or injured.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 7:38 pm

Constantly. At work, I live for the breaks so I can get out of the tedium of boring crap I loathe to do. I've noticed I also daydream in the car, while driving, a lot. I've never had an accident but there are times I'm in both worlds - driving in rush hour traffic and lost in daydreams. I'll snap out of the daydream and not remember driving so far but stay totally in control. It's so ingrained I never acknowledged it until someone asked me about 'spacing out' and raised the red flags.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 11:21 pm

I daydream, especial when i am sleeping

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 11:50 pm

Titangeek wrote:
I daydream, especial when i am sleeping

I have a HUGE daydreaming problem at night as well. I just can't seem to shut my brain off at night.

I have it during the day too, but it's not all the severe. It passes time on the bus.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2011, 11:57 pm

Yah. I tend to do this a lot too, to avoid reality most of the time, and people just think I'm stupid and not paying attention.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 12:02 am

I use to work in a machineshop and while daydreaming while polishing some metal rings I accidently got my knuckles hit by the metal chuck that was holding the ring. It only took some skin off my knuckles but if it would have caught on to me it would have pulled my fingers off or even an arm, I got lucky. I also cut my finger open when day dreaming when I was cutting a slot into some square aluminum stock when my finger slipped off and went across the cutter. Its a wonder I survived that job since I worked alone a lot.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2011, 7:30 am

Daydreaming does not even let me work. I am working, and I start daydreaming. My daydreams usually involve people from my past talking to me and me talking to them

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 8:23 am

I daydream about the 60s, but than I bring myself back to the Internet Age.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2011, 8:30 am

Yes. They didn't have NDS or ipods when I was young so I daydreamed a lot. Still do. I also run practice scenarios. Like if so and so says so, then I respond with... which might lead to.. Inside my head's like a cross between a playground just for me and an obstacle course where I try to build specific moves to add to my social library so to speak.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2011, 9:25 am

Thank you for putting into words what goes on inside my head.

creature1001
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2011, 10:35 am

Depends on your definition of daydreaming.
I can't daydream anymore. I used to be able to when I was younger. I'd have fantasies of being a movie star. :)
Now I can't. My brain refuses to form a picture involving complex scenery, etc.
But I have a lot of imaginary conversations with people. I discuss philosophy or issues that are troubling me. I do this almost constantly. Does that qualify as daydreaming?

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Feb 2011, 11:12 am

creature1001 wrote:
But I have a lot of imaginary conversations with people. I discuss philosophy or issues that are troubling me. I do this almost constantly. Does that qualify as daydreaming?

I do that too. Sometimes I will have one part of me take up one philosophical point and another part of me takes up opposing view and I will argue with myself. It sounds way more crazy than it really is I swear! I'm not crazy, I just like to troubleshoot the basic problems with a given stance by myself first to see if I can find major flaws in it. It can be quite annoying too since while I understand what I'm saying, I'm also very stubborn and critical and often absolutely refuse to see my point.

creature1001
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2011, 1:14 pm

KBerg wrote:
creature1001 wrote:

I do that too. Sometimes I will have one part of me take up one philosophical point and another part of me takes up opposing view and I will argue with myself. It sounds way more crazy than it really is I swear! I'm not crazy, I just like to troubleshoot the basic problems with a given stance by myself first to see if I can find major flaws in it. It can be quite annoying too since while I understand what I'm saying, I'm also very stubborn and critical and often absolutely refuse to see my point.

I, naturally, don't think that's crazy at all.
I think that it must be how the best philosophers come up with their ideas, philosophies.
Think Plato. All that dialogue.

There is a HFA where I work. I cashier. He bags. All day he mumbles to himself. I know that everyone must think he is schizophrenic, but I know, He's just discussing philosophy or so out loud (though not really out loud, just mouthing).

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

I daydream a lot. I do it when I'm bored, and when I'm doing something that I don't really need to focus much on, and when I want to relax. I often start doing it without noticing and can sometimes have trouble stopping it, especially if I'm bored out of my mind with whatever is going on.