Does anyone here have a hard time saying I love you?

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:46 pm

I have always had a hard time saying I love you to people and was wondering is anyone else did.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:47 pm

I do... I can't utter those words to anyone no matter what!

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:53 pm

I do but I just cant seem to say them very easily or at all-because I am not sure if the person I love feels the same way about me. :(

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

30 Jun 2011, 11:57 pm

What context are we talking about?
Do you mean to close family members, or fiances?

My family is too stingy for that kind of talk.
I have no girlfriend for whom it would be applicable.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

i am the same way.
i dont say it at all.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 12:06 am

I can't say it at all, even if I really, really mean it. I hate any phrase that you say just for the sake of saying it. When are you supposed to say it? And why are you saying it? Doesn't the person know how you feel about them? It's like saying, "You're wearing a purple shirt." I once had a boyfriend who asked me why I never told him I loved him. My reply: "I'm telling you every time I kiss you."

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 12:32 am

To my husband yes and to my ex I did too. First one no and to my family no and I said it a lot to my friends when I was a kid.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 1:17 am

Jory wrote:
I can't say it at all, even if I really, really mean it. I hate any phrase that you say just for the sake of saying it. When are you supposed to say it? And why are you saying it? Doesn't the person know how you feel about them? It's like saying, "You're wearing a purple shirt." I once had a boyfriend who asked me why I never told him I loved him. My reply: "I'm telling you every time I kiss you."

Woah. Take it easy on the logic there mate. You could really hurt someone going around using reason like that. [/sarcasm]

E27
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2011, 1:41 am

I don't know if I have ever said it. I do sometimes say that I love something such as a TV show, food, are a group of people, but I don't say it to just one person.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

01 Jul 2011, 1:48 am

Yea, I guess so. It's just something you say at certain time and place and it's hard for me to pick up on that. Honestly, I don't really feel that way about that many people either.

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2011, 1:57 am

Yes, when it comes to dating. I can say it to my family pretty easily. However when I was head over heels for this guy one time I didn't want to say it until I was positive, then by that time I decided that I wanted us to date but even though he'd been proclaiming his love for a long time I wasn't measuring up to his idea of me in his head and would shelve the dating idea so I would withhold "I love you" at that point even though I wanted to say it.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 2:49 am

It's hard for me to say 'I love you'. I was called upon it many times in my previous (first) relationship. Perhaps this relationship wasn't a good one anyway. Normally I don't think it has to be said many times, one can assume it by plenty of other signs. True love can exist without constantly stating it, I'm sure.

My currently forming relationship is very promising. She noticed I can not express myself the way others can, I can't kiss or talk like them, no matter how hard I try. I helped her to understand my weakness, this is not inhibition, not intentional, not that I don't want her, and she told me she is perfectly fine when I express my feelings in a few words. I can do it in her favor, a couple of nice words can do, without the sense of being untrue, from the bottom of my heart.

Arian
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2011, 2:51 am

I have difficulty with it (thought I was just repressed!). But my BF encourages me gently :).

My dad, who is also AS, can't say it at all.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 3:31 am

I can't say it.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 3:46 am

No problem at all, but that's been with the same person for nearly 20 years. One of my biggest frustrations is that in my relationship my NT partner is far less verbally affectionate than myself. I had thought it was supposed to be the other way around with Aspies.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 3:52 am

I have no problem at all saying it. But if I really mean it is something I don't even know.