Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

Here in Britain we are starting to get an indian summer and im really hating it. Having to put up with the summer season is bad enough but to then go and get an indian summer on top of that when temperatures should be going down just adds insult to injury. I can elaborate later on my reasons for disliking hot weather. There is a great list.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

I don't like the hot weather either and we're coming into the hot season here in Australia when it gets over 30 degrees C I hiberate with the air conditioner on, I prefer the cooler months you can go for a walk and its so much nicer, In the heat I just feel lethagic and I hate being sweaty.
I think Summer is overrated the heat, the flies, people lying on the beach like beached whales getting burnt then they get skin cancer.

Quiet_Maniac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Hello,

Thought I was the only one... And summer is indeed overrated.

It is much worse when you have to work out there in ahot day. The lethargy/sweat/wetness sensation is too much.

Juan

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

I love winter. Bring on the Ice Age. :sunny:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

NorwichAspie wrote:
Here in Britain we are starting to get an indian summer and im really hating it. Having to put up with the summer season is bad enough but to then go and get an indian summer on top of that when temperatures should be going down just adds insult to injury. I can elaborate later on my reasons for disliking hot weather. There is a great list.

Yeah, man. We are starting to get a few days of ninety degree weather here then it's back down in the low eighties. I wish it would go to about seventy degrees and stay there all year except for a few snowstorms in winter. I hate anything hotter than seventy five degrees at the most.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

26 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

It's hot here in the U.S., too. It was 78 degrees today. 78! Can you believe that? That's 2 degrees away from 80! But, then again, the beginning of fall is usually warm. Not as bad as this, though. The whole Earth is messed up. Plus, we had all those storms. It's ridiculous!

KathySilverstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2011, 12:36 am

Yes, I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. Thinking how much less productive I am when it's hot, and especially when it's humid. I hate it with a burning passion. It's September, it needs to cool down now! We had one week of fall and now it's like back to summer.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 12:36 am

We just had hot weather here and it finally ended. Now we are getting rain. I hate hot weather as well.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 3:15 am

Agreed. When it hits 60 i call it a heat wave.

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2011, 3:24 am

I'm either too cold or too hot, so neither winter nor summer are seasons that I appreciate. Whether due to Climate Change or not, the seasons seem to be blurring into a singularity of annoying extremes for me. Spring is much more agreeable.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 4:00 am

NorwichAspie wrote:

I'm English and hate the hot weather too.
Let's be honest though; we haven't had a really hot summer for four years now.
And yes; we may be having Indian summers but they don't begin until early July.
I'm an angler and ride a motorcycle as a hobby so I don't want the winter to come too soon.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2011, 4:04 am

TwistedReflection wrote:
. Whether due to Climate Change or not.

There is NO SUCH THING as man made climate change.

But what a wonderful excuse it is to increase our taxes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 5:15 am

NorwichAspie wrote:

I love the hot weather!! ! I am just so happy that summer is back! :D
I don't like the cold. I don't like snow. And we might not be able to afford heating this year. So all I want to do when it's cold is to just curl up in bed and sleep, all day. In hot weather I don't want to curl up in bed and sleep all day. I rather be up and about doing things. It's always cooler in my house anyway, and if you don't rush around too much you can stay cool, and can have an icy cold drink and sit in the garden smelling that lovely fresh grassy smell, seeing lovely utterflies fluttering about on the flowers, and hearing the birds singing.....such a happy feeling and it helps to reduce my depression.

In the cold you're just cooped up indoors all the time, and over Christmas people are always catching bad colds and being cooped up together breeds more germs so you're more likely to catch it. Not only that - you have to keep putting loads of clothes on before going out, the roads get icy and dangerous, and bus gets held up, my feet get cold no matter how many socks I put on, and the evenings get dark really early so I can't go out and do my walking exercise I like to do.

Nah - summer is the BEST! I wished I lived in India!! !! !! !! ! :D

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2011, 5:25 am

piroflip wrote:
TwistedReflection wrote:
. Whether due to Climate Change or not.

There is NO SUCH THING as man made climate change.

But what a wonderful excuse it is to increase our taxes.

I beg to differ. If, however, you put forth a valid argument to the contrary, I would consider re-evaluating my assumptions on the matter. Until then, my opinion stands.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Sep 2011, 5:36 am

The existing evidence so thoroughly supports climate change that anyone who declares otherwise is either in complete denial or stuck on an ideological stance that has nothing to do with scientific principles.

Also:

Diamond Planets and Climate Change

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2011, 5:44 am

Verdandi wrote:
The existing evidence so thoroughly supports climate change that anyone who declares otherwise is either in complete denial or stuck on an ideological stance that has nothing to do with scientific principles.

Also:

Diamond Planets and Climate Change

Thanks for the support. :wink: It really is imperative that all peoples of all backgrounds reach a consensus on the issue, lest the generations to come suffer the consequences of our inaction.