Gender Identity Disorder and Asperger's Syndrnome.

Page 1 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Do you have gender issues?
Yes, I do have gender issues and I have AS 54%  54%  [ 163 ]
Yes, I do have gender issues, but not AS 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
No, I do not have gender issues, but have AS 42%  42%  [ 128 ]
No, I don't have either of the two 4%  4%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 304

Marrshu
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2007, 5:29 am

I was just curious, who else is autistic and has Gender Identity Disorder? I've heard the theory of the extreme male brain before, however, I'm wondering if there's any truth to that...

I myself have Gender Identity Issues as well as Asperger's Syndrome.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 7:01 am

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a girl, but mow I'm pretty comfortable with who I am.

- Emerson

coolstertothecore
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2007, 7:41 am

I desperately wanted to be a boy until I was about 10 but quite happy being a lady now.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 8:19 am

What is GID?

I never wanted to be a boy.
I am a girl btw.

I also always thought gender stopped with the genitalia, and the rest were items of social mores. Which it turns out is largely true.
I am confused there as to what GID IS exactly.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:18 am

SeaBright wrote:
What is GID?

I never wanted to be a boy.
I am a girl btw.

I also always thought gender stopped with the genitalia, and the rest were items of social mores. Which it turns out is largely true.
I am confused there as to what GID IS exactly.

GID is a fancy term given to someone that feels they are mentally the other sex. They descibe it as being born in the wrong body. The two sexes ARE generally different in more than just the genitalia and secondary sex characteristics, but I find the whole idea of GID silly, and you can't ever really be the other sex anyway.

Steve

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 9:46 am

Thanks SteveK,

No I do not have GID.

though..my workmates may disagree with me, cause I like to toss around heavy things.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

babaji
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2007, 10:17 am

i did play a lot with girls when i was a kid.

but now i know i don't have any gender indentity problems

I thought what i'd do was, i'd would pretend i was one of those deaf-mutes

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 10:54 am

I don't think I have gender identity problems. I just like to wear boy clothes because they are more comfortable. If girl pants were a little less form-fitting, I'd wear them no problem. And if girl shirts didn't have silly sleeves or came in better colors, I'd wear those, too. And as far as interests go--I supposedly have "boy" interests, but all that says is I am more interested in how things work than what the latest celebrity gossip is, I think.

I think people assume I am trying to be a boy by dressing in comfortable clothes just because they don't understand how uncomfortable other clothes really are. Case in point: I have a pair of pink slippers with white fir and a pair of pink plaid pajama pants and a purple coat. If it is comfortable and a decent color, I will wear it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 11:32 am

I have AS, but other than that, I am just me.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nicklegends
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2007, 11:52 am

The closest thing I could think of is my homosexuality; however, I wouldn't classify myself as being unsure about my gender.

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 4:26 pm

They is a disorder I came across:

(Conclusive studies demonstrate that girls exposed to high levels of androgens because of a genetic disorder called congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) or when pregnant women took synthetic steroids, in the prenatal or neonatal stage grow up to be more tomboyish and aggressive than their unaffected sisters.)

The effects of hormones on brain appear consequential only at the early stages in life when they alter the brain function permanently. The hormonal effects go well beyond sexual or reproductive behavior: they appear to extend to all known behaviors in which males and females differ. They seem to govern problem solving, aggression and tendency to engage in rough-and-tumble play. The last behavior is particularly related to dihydrotestosterone working through amygdala in brain.

The theories articulating these differences have been proven in animals where they were exposed to hormones during early development. Depriving newborn males of testosterone by castrating them or administering estrogen to newborn female rats results in a complete reversal of sex-typed behavior in the adult animals.

They also selected more typically masculine toys examples cars over dolls and demonstrated better spatial abilities such as discovering a hidden figure within a complex one and rotation tests. There however does not seem to be a linear relationship with amount and extent of exposure.

Just find it interesting since people can be born with too much copper through the mother been high in copper depending on what type of birth control pills she was using... Plus people with Autism are more prawn to disorders...

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/medther/tayendo ... plasia.htm

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:31 pm

well, i think i have AS...

and while i don't have gender issues now...

my first "sexual" fantasies were of me being a boy with a giant girl (i'm talkin attack of the 50 ft woman!).

i say "sexual" simply because i was so young that they didn't contain the sexul act in them, but now that i'm older, i definitely know what neighborhood my mind was wandering in.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:34 pm

I have a hard time believing that SO many have AS and GID! Only 3 posts by 10 people indicate that they even have an idea as to what was intended, and only 1(the one asking the question) says it is a problem now. I don't know how most people develop here, so I guess I can't determine whether that means they had GID or whatever.

And YEAH, homosexual and GID are two different things, even if they DO sound alike.

Gender issues is VERY vague! A feminist that LOVES MEN, LOVES her own situation, but thinks most men are SCUM might say she has gender issues.

The number of same sex class public schools in the us is now about 84 TIMES what it was about 10 years ago! Some women have problems with that because they see it as sexist. Hey kids of EITHER sex might be teased and distracted, and frankly most teachers are probably women anyway.

Nobody should be concerned.

Steve

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:34 pm

dexkaden wrote:
And if girl shirts didn't have silly sleeves or came in better colors, I'd wear those, too.

QFT...

Women's dressing stores always seem to look like the easter bunny just threw up in them... and he had been eating skittles.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:35 pm

I've always thought I was trapped in a emale body when infact I should be a gay male.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2007, 5:40 pm

SteveK wrote:
had GID or whatever.

And YEAH, homosexual and GID are two different things, even if they DO sound alike.

of the people posting... it doesn't really sound like it to me that they're mixing up homosexuality and GID.

notice the people are saying they wanted to BE the other sex.... not hump their own sex.

and in my "fantasies" with women, i wasn't a women... so i wouldn't say they were homosexual tendancies.

i do, however, think people who really do have GID get socially lumped with homosexuals and that it makes the topic a little confusing.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com