Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 5:36 pm

So i hit another service user then after that i noticed two staff come in a say it was 2 staff with me and this lasted for two hours :(

The reason i hit him is because he would not get off my poohbear and blanket when i asked him.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 5:55 pm

This shows that your other users need to learn your own rules on touching things.

But also you need to learn or at least, staff need to identify causes of your behaviour and prevent it happening again, maybe that's why residential staff are monitoring you.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm

Were they not letting you hold your Poohbear and blanket, or taking them from you? I can understand why that would upset you. If someone took Babs, Dory, or my Cars blanket away from me, or wouldn't let me hold them, I'd want to hit them too. It also stinks that they monitored you for 2 whole hours. :/

Do they know you don't like it when they do things like that? If not, you should tell someone at your residence you trust, and make sure they let the other staff know about it. *HUGS*

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2014, 9:45 pm

PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
This shows that your other users need to learn your own rules on touching things.

But also you need to learn or at least, staff need to identify causes of your behaviour and prevent it happening again, maybe that's why residential staff are monitoring you.

OP was a victim and did nothing wrong, it's the place where he live's fault for hiring thugs.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

26 Oct 2014, 5:18 pm

It's wrong to hit anyone unless it's in self-defense but taking someone else's stuff is also wrong & that person should be disciplined too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2014, 1:39 am

I guess it depends. If you shoved him off your blanket, that would be understandable whether you were autistic or NT. People's property, especially their favorite objects, are understood to belong to them, to be inviolable. People have shot burglars who came into their houses looking to steal their things. What you did is something any human being might do. Not saying it was the best move ever, but it was definitely understandable.

Did the staff actually listen to you when you explained what had happened? This other person took your things--that was stealing.

Can you trust the staff to deal with it if someone else takes your stuff? If so, can you get instructions about how to report a theft and get your things back? If you can do that, and you can trust your staff to actually get your things back, then you wouldn't have to hit anyone. If you're still not sure, get them to practice with you; pretend a couple of times so you know how it goes.

If there are too few staff and too many clients, things like this can go unregulated and people can lose their stuff to others who want to take it, and then when you protest, you're the bad guy. Unfortunately if that's the way things are, then I can't give you any advice but to keep your most important objects with you all the time, to be prepared to lose most of them if someone decides to take them, and to decide just how much you are willing to fight back.

I don't know whether people taking other people's things is common where you live, or if this guy was just an anomaly and most people respect each others' property. It's my guess that most people around you probably aren't going to steal your stuff, just like you most likely don't try to steal theirs. But if staff won't protect you from it, you're going to have to take care of each other, if you can. Hey, look on the bright side; at least they didn't beat you up or anything like that. They just grabbed your stuff. That's easier to deal with than actual physical danger.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm

You physically hurt someone and you were put under extra surveillence what did you expect

Why are you complaining? Thats pretty light for just hitting another person, If I did that it would be called assault and I would probably have go to court and make up for it by paying a pretty pricey fine

Honestly just be happy that they didn't actually punish you, that does not even fly in most kindergarden classes :?

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 2:59 pm

DeuceKaboose wrote:
You physically hurt someone and you were put under extra surveillence what did you expect
Its very possible OP lacks this very understanding of consequence so being put under surveillance most likely come as a supprise and come unexpected.

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

That may be the case - but don't excuse the behaviour! He hit another client, another person perhaps with similar needs and perhaps with a similar lack of understanding about other people's personal property. That person shouldn't be subjected to violence in a place of care! We don't know how bad it was.

The people who run the place have a duty of care toward both individuals, so monitoring was the very least they could do.

DeuceKaboose
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2014, 3:35 pm

DeuceKaboose wrote:
Its very possible OP lacks this very understanding of consequence so being put under surveillance most likely come as a supprise and come unexpected.

I highly doubt OP has never had any type of punishment in his life and 2 hours of 2:1 for hitting someone is most certainely not something you have the right to complain about

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 7:48 pm

DeuceKaboose wrote:
DeuceKaboose wrote:

I highly doubt OP has never had any type of punishment in his life and 2 hours of 2:1 for hitting someone is most certainely not something you have the right to complain about
Maybe so, but learning and associating consequence with punishment and avoiding hitting people to prevent being punished, it's possible OP don't understand being punished or is able to reinforce positive behaviours with being punished. It's also very likly OP is learning disabled typical of more severe affected spectrum disorders.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

30 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm

I think the supervision may of been because they were worried he'd hurt someone else or himself or something. It was basically done because they were worried the OP was having a meltdown or something & may do something else. It was done out of concern for safety instead of intending to punish.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 2:06 pm

I don't think it's acceptable to hit someone for not giving you your blanket and bear. And supervision is the least that could have happened.
Frankly, OP, I think you need to become more independent of your comfort objects. If you care enough to hit someone because of them, you are giving them to much importance in your life.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 2:10 pm

OK please help me understand this what is this 2:1 for 2 hours things? I'm failing to understand what that means?

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 2:12 pm

My interpretation is that it means 2 supervisors to one patient for 2 hours.