The true cause of Autism...Mercury exposure?!?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 5:08 am

I just watched a video where they talked about oral health and preventing cancer

This video was VERY eye-opening and all health problems like cancer, dementia and neurological disorders like Autism can be traced back to one source...high levels of mercury exposure!! !

Meaning that people with Autism must have had mercury in the placenta or amniotic sac while they were incubating in the womb

They also mentioned high concentration of testosterone as a factor as well

Me and my brother are Autistic

Yet both of my parents are/were not

How is this possible?

If we didn't inherit Autism from our parents...then the only possible way to explain it is we were both exposed to high levels of mercury and testosterone while our mom was pregnant

From her cigarette smoke!! !

What do you guys think?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 5:14 am

autism is associated with several genetic factors and science is pretty sure today that most autism is due to genetic influence. Some are still trying to point a finger at pollution of different forms but mainstream science trends heavily toward genetic factors as being the primary influence on development in utero where autism is concerned. my mother never smoked , her mother never smoked, and her mother's mother, nor her grandmothers mother ever smoked, yet all were autistic. If this is going to be proven (nicotine etc causing autism) I expect much more research needs to be done. Sounds to me like somebody is trying to figure out how to sue big tobacco for profit.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 5:24 am

It seems very unlikely that autism is caused by exposure to mercury, testosterone, or smoking while in the womb. This is something that would have been figured out already if it was the case.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 5:42 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I just watched a video where they talked about oral health and preventing cancer

This video was VERY eye-opening and all health problems like cancer, dementia and neurological disorders like Autism can be traced back to one source...high levels of mercury exposure!! !

Meaning that people with Autism must have had mercury in the placenta or amniotic sac while they were incubating in the womb

They also mentioned high concentration of testosterone as a factor as well

Me and my brother are Autistic

Yet both of my parents are/were not

How is this possible?

If we didn't inherit Autism from our parents...then the only possible way to explain it is we were both exposed to high levels of mercury and testosterone while our mom was pregnant

From her cigarette smoke!! !

What do you guys think?

Post a link to the video. The URL on its own will be a strong indicator as to whether the content is credible.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 5:45 am

^I did

Click on the blue text that says "Video"

But the videos are expiring soon so the link might not work properly!

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 5:52 am

A significant number of us believe that Autism is a perfectly natural variation that is part of a wide range of neurodiversity.

It remains within the gene pool as it has a useful function in relation to how the human race functions.

The concept that it is 'caused' be something is based upon a pathologising model of dysfunction.

This is why it is more useful to consider it a variance or an identity.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 6:22 am

Maybe I should be looking at this with a case-by-case basis then?

It is possible that MY and my brother's Autism was caused by heavy mercury exposure as a result of my mom's smoking but that is not true for everyone with the disability!

Correlation does NOT neccessarily equal causation right?

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 6:23 am

I believe that environmental toxins can work on an epigenetic level to "switch on" genes related to autism (which are present in the population as part of natural diversity).

But I don't think there is strong evidence towards mercury. In studies I've only seen connections established with pesticides and pthalates. And even then, they've only established correlation and not causation.

I tend to think my grandmother's smoking may have been a factor towards my own autism, or maybe it was my great-grandfather's exposure to leaded paint? But you can't draw conclusions from individual cases, there may be no relationship at all.

So no, I wouldn't place any trust in that video.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 6:28 am

Au contraire

I found THIS article linking the 2:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3173748/

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 6:32 am

If that were true, then I should have at least several more autistic relatives, and known even more autistics within my proximity for the same exposures, near same diets, etc...

.. Which I don't.

IMO, I don't take risk factors too seriously ever since knowing that based on all individual factors, I should be NT and my younger NT sister should be autistic. By a huge margin. :roll:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 6:44 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
^I did

Got it. Sorry. I couldn't see it too well in the original. I'll check it out now...

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jul 2024, 6:54 am

JamesW wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:
^I did

Got it. Sorry. I couldn't see it too well in the original. I'll check it out now...

On initial investigation I'd be very cynical about this. It's a guy called Dr. Jonathan Landsman, who runs a whole bunch of websites and a whole bunch of other seminars. The most disturbing thing I found was something called 'Immune Defense Summit' where he interviews a Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, who says that autism (and Alzheimer's) is caused by Wi-Fi and is selling something called an 'Ionic Foot Bath' for $500, which can protect you from its harmful effects.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 6:54 am

Quote:
Au contraire
I found THIS article linking the 2:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3173748/

That looks interesting, thank you.

It's not exactly a smoking gun, though, as the paper is only identifying that mercury could have a plausible biological mechanism of causing autism. It has not established that it actually does so.

Quote:
From a cellular perspective, it would appear that the existing scientific literature supports the biological plausibility of a Hg-based autism pathogenesis.

I'm not saying that there is definitely no link between mercury exposure and some cases of autism, but there doesn't seem to be evidence identifying it as a prime cause.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 8:53 am

Two main potential causes.

Faulty gene pools often caused by unintentional inbreeding, which can skip a generation or two so one may find one is autistic and if diagnosis was available in those days, one of ones past ancestors was two or three generations ago, but as genes often do when going down family lines one can end up with the condition when others didn't. (Note how one could have an autistic parent or parents who have had many children and only some children will be on the spectrum. This is how genes can skip generations as it can be hit and miss which genes one individually inherits, as if it wasn't the case, all of us would be indentical in every wayto our brothers and sisters if we have any.

The second rather overlooked and very hushed up potential cause is the use of forceps during childbirth. Very hushed up due to potential legal implications and also, to be fair on the staff who use them, it can be a life or death situation which is why they decided to need to use them, so we can't blame anyone for this, as without using them we may not (And our mothers may not) have survived.

Remember than a babies skull does not fully harden until at least the age of three, especially the frontal area of the skull, and also remember that the childs brain is still in full developmentwl growth unto at least the ae of five, and autism happens to be brain cells which do not electrically connect in the frontal area of the brain... The very area where the skull is the weakest and most flexable at birth!

Other aspects that you mentioned such a smoking are way less down the list of potential causes.

Don't forget that babies and their mothers blood streams are totally separate systems which is why children can be born with entirely different blood groups than their parents. Smoking can cause a slower growth of child development as a common side effect of smoking is malnutricion caused by the smoker not eating as much as a non-smoker would due to the sugars in cigarettes.
The number one cause of cancer with smokers is the famaldahide process to cure the tobacco, which is why smokers should be careful not to smoke cheap cigarettes, as the fomaldyhide which preserves the tobacco during the curing process is the removed using other chemials to make the cigarette safe to smoke. Cheap cigarettes or tobacco obtsined from dodgy sources will often be tobacco stolen during the curing process which has avoided the formaldahide removal.process.
Undertakers often end up with the exact same symptoms of lung cancer caused by the formaldayde they use to preserve the bodies which is a well known cause of premature death in that line of work.

But other claimed causes of autism... Other than serious head injury in road traffic accidents, it has to be something which causes brain development issues during or prior to birth, as one can't "Catch" autism suddenly later in life as the condition has been with the individual all their lives, even though the individual may only have the assessment and end up diagnosed later in life.
(One can have burnouts and breakdowns where after one's trwits will come to the fore and one will "Feel" more autistic, as one may have spent a lifetime of masking ones traits and just thought that the masking was normal.every day life, but to "Suddenly catch autism" without there being a defined cause such as a severe road traffic accident were brain damage has cause the autism symtoms...It DOES NOT come from a simple blow to the head. Has to be a very severe blow with very noticable brain damage involving surgery in the rare few cases where they have been declaired autistic afterwards... Though it can make one think what if....)

Bu the subject itself of the causes or cause of autism is perpetuated by the medifal.industry again and again to gain funding for research to keep people employed when they really know what they are researching is not going to give results.

notboston
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2024, 9:12 am

Pretty sure the leading theory right now is high testosterone exposure in utero, which explains why there are more people exhibiting symptoms with older parents.

Higher incidence of autistic children could be chalked up to better diagnostic methods or people having kids later in life (mid 30s to early 40s).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2024, 9:38 am

My mother was 30 when she had me, and 26 when she had my ASD brother (despite being married since 19 - extreme trouble conceiving). We're not inbred. She didn't smoke. She didn't have forceps for either birth. We didn't have road accidents or head trauma. We were exposed to very high levels of heavy metal chemical toxins and poisons in utero and as infants / toddlers. I believe Mercury was on the list along with Arsenic, Beryllium, Boron, Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Lead etc. Also I do have confirmed genetic differences.

Do I think this led to our Autism? No, because my aunt was pregnant with my cousin at the same time and same place, with all the same exposures, and he's completely NT as was my aunt.

In our case I think it's genetic because so many people in the family have it, going back generations and including births in other countries.