Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2005, 5:32 am

For those of you who love the Icelandic Goddess like me, have a look again at her with this in mind. I recently saw a recorded live performance of Joga, and I noticed how she acted on stage, almost autistic-like. She was swatting the air and she was bent over, unnaturally, even with an obvious "bump." I then saw some interviews with her, and the way she responds, is quite interesting. Then add all the quirks she is renoun for, and her music, and, somehow, I see a fellow aspie in her. Tell me what you think.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 8:11 am

Bjork. is my all time favorite singer! I saw a documentary about her and just from what I have seen, I would say she is an Aspie.

She is reclusive and somewhat of a loner. Her actions and responses are the biggest clue. If she isn't an Aspie, she is very eccentric.

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2005, 8:26 am

I like her husband, the artist, he seems really weirdo and stuff. but i guess people can be weird without being autistics..

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:31 am

bjork is bonkers.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:46 am

I was just asking myself this the other day.
I have always found bjork immensely attractive.
Did anyone see Dancer in the Dark ?

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 11:39 am

i don't think she's an aspie. i get the impression that she intentionally acts weird to draw attention to herself. i'm the opposite- i try to behave normal but my natural aptitude for making a fool of myself shines through. but i like some of her music and i think she is very talented.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 11:54 am

NT's can do a variety of things that to us might 'look' aspie. Meet enough aspies IRL and you see where it's really tough to tell a real deal aspie from anyone else unless you know that they have AS (they aren't joking when they say it's a 'hidden'...well... I'll keep the last word to myself...).

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2005, 12:32 pm

Yeah well I intentionally try and act normal to draw attention away from me and it only makes me more weird...

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 1:52 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...Meet enough aspies IRL and you see where it's really tough to tell a real deal aspie from anyone else unless you know that they have AS (they aren't joking when they say it's a 'hidden'...well... I'll keep the last word to myself...).

Well as far as the suspected aspies I know IRL (the ones who look normal), one or two conversations with them will give em away pretty fast. Probably not true in all cases but I've noticed it a lot. OTOH, the ones who look weirder tend to come across as more normal when you talk to em.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 9:49 pm

neongrl wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
...Meet enough aspies IRL and you see where it's really tough to tell a real deal aspie from anyone else unless you know that they have AS (they aren't joking when they say it's a 'hidden'...well... I'll keep the last word to myself...).

Well as far as the suspected aspies I know IRL (the ones who look normal), one or two conversations with them will give em away pretty fast. Probably not true in all cases but I've noticed it a lot. OTOH, the ones who look weirder tend to come across as more normal when you talk to em.

Actually, my group surprised me. I don't mean that in the great social skills sense or the bad social skills sense, I just mean that they wouldn't have jumped out at me as aspie in particular and to be honest, if I were talking to someone like em even before that I would have never had the thought. I mean that with conversations, the whole works.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2005, 10:13 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Actually, my group surprised me. I don't mean that in the great social skills sense or the bad social skills sense, I just mean that they wouldn't have jumped out at me as aspie in particular and to be honest, if I were talking to someone like em even before that I would have never had the thought. I mean that with conversations, the whole works.

Yeah, I thought about that afterward, that you've met real dx'd aspies now and I haven't that I know of. Maybe I'm seeing some of the more obvious cases and my radar is missing the milder ones. (Although I do wonder how some people end up getting dx'd if they come across that normal. It seems that they should be the ones who go through life not knowing about AS. Lol I guess that's why I'm not the expert...)

Soma
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2005, 5:39 am

Whoa whoa whoa! This is getting outta hand! As the author of this topic, I don't want this topic locked coz people are having a little scuffle. I created this topic, merely because I think Bjork's an aspie. To me, I don't see her as pretending to be eccentric-not at all. The evidence against her pretending outweighs the for. If you wanna have verbal football with quotes, with a completely different topic, please, take it somewhere else.

Henry David Thoureau, 1854

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 10:15 am

Soma wrote:
To me, I don't see her as pretending to be eccentric-not at all. The evidence against her pretending outweighs the for. If you wanna have verbal football with quotes, with a completely different topic, please, take it somewhere else.

I don't think she's trying to act eccentric either, just that being aspie in particular isn't prerequisite all the time for being eccentric. You'd have to actually do some research and find out if she really does have impaired social skills, otherwise if she doesn't it's kinda just wishful thinking at that rate.

BTW, no worries on this thead getting locked though. I don't see anyone arguing yet and unless some people decide to jump on this thread and start slinging mud then we'll be allright.

Vejita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2005, 10:20 am

I saw a vid where she attacked a paparazzi in an airport, it was real fury, she would have really teared him to shreds if they haven't been separated, that was extremely violent... it can be Aspie sign, I believe...

thepeaguy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2005, 10:59 am

Vejita wrote:
I saw a vid where she attacked a paparazzi in an airport, it was real fury, she would have really teared him to shreds if they haven't been separated, that was extremely violent... it can be Aspie sign, I believe...

Autism does not cause violent behaviours as the condition is cognitive, not behavioural.

As usual, people rely on autistic behavioural stereotypes just because some celebrity is perceived to be either eccentric or weird. :roll:

If anything, she's a publicity whore, like most celebrites are.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2005, 4:04 pm

thepeaguy wrote:
Vejita wrote:

Autism does not cause violent behaviours as the condition is cognitive, not behavioural.

Lol, no, but paparazzi do cause violent behaviors and understandably so :P :wink: . Wish I would've seen that one though, It was probably pretty funny seing Bjork hammering on some dude like that...