Page 1 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2008, 2:35 am

A poster in another thread commented on their dislike of tight clothing. This is something new to me. I wear pretty tight stuff most of the time, no problem.

Is it a problem for some others? and why is that?

And curious also about being held tightly or loosely?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 2:38 am

They must be oversensitive to touch I guess.
I find clothes tags and certain fabrics uncomfortable, but I can put up with it.
I wear tight clothes, especially pants.
Sometimes I can't bear to wear socks, pants and even jackets.

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 2:44 am

Exile wrote:
A poster in another thread commented on their dislike of tight clothing. This is something new to me. I wear pretty tight stuff most of the time, no problem.

I can't wear tight clothes :( It's a terrible sensation! My skin is itchy and all so irritated... It's a scary sensation - it's like I was suffocating...

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:05 am

Yeah, I hate (and always hated) tight clothing, I always wear something very comfortable, otherwise it stresses me out. I guess it has to do with some kind of oversensitivity to touch, the same that makes human contact uncomfortable.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:07 am

ReGiFroFoLa wrote:
Exile wrote:

I can't wear tight clothes :( It's a terrible sensation! My skin is itchy and all so irritated... It's a scary sensation - it's like I was suffocating...

Same with me

WaterWater
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2008, 3:14 am

Ouch. Tight clothes make me want to scream and rip my clothes off. I just do not like the feeling. I also do not like being touched (I have very sensitive skin). I tried putting on some jeans the other day but they were too tight; the fabric stuck to my legs and I had to take them off. I much prefer the larger sized pants. The same goes for shirts. I only wear large t-shirts or sweatshirts/sweaters. However, I do not mind socks. I guess it is only when the sensation is over a large portion of my body that I completely freak out. ew, the thought of tight clothing is making my cringe right now. :lol:

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2008, 3:36 am

i_wanna_blue wrote:
ReGiFroFoLa wrote:
Exile wrote:

Same with me

And with me. 8)

On some days I can get a bit funny with anything but baggy clothes- tend to wear a size or two larger than I need to. I particulary can't stand multiple layers of tight clothing. Combine it with a material I dislike such as denim and I get very agitated. It does indeed feel somewhat like the early stages of smothering to me- the same sensation and emotional response. It gets a little better over prolonged periods of time, but within the first few minutes I almost feel like I'm trying to breathe underwater. It is strange, I never complained as a child though- how someone's clothes feel never tended to drift into conversation so I never thought it abnormal.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 3:42 am

Baggy clothes for me (which is just a personal preference, not 'cause of finding them too tight) but whenever I can I take my socks off.

The year is still young.

TokenX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Dec 2008, 4:15 am

Ambivalence wrote:
Baggy clothes for me (which is just a personal preference, not 'cause of finding them too tight) but whenever I can I take my socks off.

Same with me.

Hats and other accessories that require tight fastening to not fall off also irritate me.

PilotPirx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2008, 4:45 am

no socks. never. after a day wearing them, my skin feels itchy. same for most other things that are tight. no wristwatch or rings. metal on my skin feels terrible.
it's not so much the direct sensation, but after a few hours it feels terrible.

EvoVari
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2008, 4:57 am

No, hate tight clothing. Couldn't keep clothes on as a child. Definitely a sensory issue for me.

Won't wear a watch or any type of jewellery.

V neck shirts and short sleeves are an essential.

I can wear tight clothes but I will tug and adjust all day.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 5:25 am

HI
:D

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 5:25 am

I don't wear tight clothing.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 5:27 am

no i don't either maybe skinny fit jeans but that's it.

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2008, 5:32 am

I'm a bit mixed on this.

When I was a kid, I liked some things tight, but other things loose. For example socks. There was only one kind of sock I'd wear and it drove my mum crazy trying to find them. I also tied my shoes really tight and if I ever put my hair in a bobble, it had to be very tight. However, when it came to pants, I'd only wear loose fitting ones like track suit pants, and I'd only wear normal fitting tops with loose sleeves. I couldn't wear "girly" type tops as a kid because they were usually elasticated for better fit, or had puffed sleeves or something which irritated me. So I had to wear a lot of boyish clothes as a kid.

Today, I'm pretty much the same as I was as a kid. I still prefer tight socks, tight shoes etc, but I can tolerate looser things now.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 5:35 am

LOL!