Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2017, 11:52 pm

animal germs on my person. :eew:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 12:42 pm

I'm surprised by how many people are afraid of spiders. I like spiders because they eat many harmful insects like flies and mosquitoes and spin beautiful webs. And reading Charlotte's Web certainly helped.

But then again I live in a part of the world where most spiders are harmless to humans. Some other places aren't so lucky. Like in Australia where telling kids not to be scared of spiders is about the same as saying, "Pet this wild Bengal tiger, he won't hurt you." :jocolor:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:05 pm

a brown recluse almost killed my dad, and since my lack of memory for names and faces extends to non-humans, i treat all spideys as potentially dangerous to me, and when i see one inside my house i put it in a cup and take it outside. but if it's a skeeter or fly or bee, i am crueler, i dispatch those without hesitation, if they are inside my tin can.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was afraid of the Moon and planets until I was well into my adolescence.

What did you think that the moon and planets would do to you?

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Fear of socializing, vomiting, centipedes, bees/wasps, and while spiders dont freak me out it is annoying to be bitten by them and I kill any I see. For every spider i see there are prolly 10 more i dont see.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:22 pm

since an otherwise adorable little french poodle named "pierre" rudely awoke me by sticking its tongue into my mouth, i can't handle dogs licking me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
since an otherwise adorable little french poodle named "pierre" rudely awoke me by sticking its tongue into my mouth, i can't handle dogs licking me.

What did you expect from a French poodle?

Of course he would give you a French kiss!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What did you expect from a French poodle? Of course he would give you a French kiss!

haha :lol: of course my naïve 12-year-old self could not have known that, even if I had been in a sophisticated family.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

What did you expect from a French poodle? Of course he would give you a French kiss!

haha :lol: of course my naïve 12-year-old self could not have known that, even if I had been in a sophisticated family.

Talking of poodles , I've had one cock it's leg and fill my ear with warm urine when I was kid ( watching TV lying down ) , The absolute shame and embarrassment I felt was worse than the dog piss , I cried for hours.

The only real phobia I have is ...... even typing the word makes me feel queasy but here goes anyway slugs :eew:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 7:47 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Talking of poodles , I've had one cock it's leg and fill my ear with warm urine when I was kid ( watching TV lying down ) , The absolute shame and embarrassment I felt was worse than the dog piss , I cried for hours.

The only real phobia I have is ...... even typing the word makes me feel queasy but here goes anyway slugs :eew:

I would have put it in the doghouse and kept it there.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

For me it's the type of memory that makes me think it traumatized me as I can recall it at will , rewind it , forward it , remember what I was watching on the TV at the time , maybe the dog wanted me to change the channel lol!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

For me it's the type of memory that makes me think it traumatized me as I can recall it at will , rewind it , forward it , remember what I was watching on the TV at the time , maybe the dog wanted me to change the channel lol!

seems to me that dog did NOT like you. dogs generally don't like me much, either. :|

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

seems to me that dog did NOT like you. dogs generally don't like me much, either. :|

Your probably right , dogs usually love me , I've been told I have a strange affinity with household pets but a few dogs in my life have hurt me for no apparent reason.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2017, 8:43 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Your probably right , dogs usually love me , I've been told I have a strange affinity with household pets but a few dogs in my life have hurt me for no apparent reason.

it has been my experience that dogs generally don't like men who have low T. they feel they must dominate such men. that is what most dogs do to me.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 10:54 am

Math. Definitely math.

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 May 2017, 11:03 am

Insects, spiders. But most of all large moths. The erratic nature of their flight really bothers me, also they're pure snakey the way they try to hide....