Hygiene issues...what exactly is the problem?

Page 8 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:52 pm

Since my last report I've started working out daily which requires that I shower daily. I'd rather not do either, but I'm trying to get healthier. :?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

ominous wrote:
Since my last report I've started working out daily which requires that I shower daily. I'd rather not do either, but I'm trying to get healthier. :?

I need to work out daily. One of my nieces owns a gym half a block from work so I could have a complimentary membership just for the asking and be able to work out at any time of the day or night.

ominous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 9:21 pm

eric76 wrote:
ominous wrote:

I need to work out daily. One of my nieces owns a gym half a block from work so I could have a complimentary membership just for the asking and be able to work out at any time of the day or night.

That would be very cool to take advantage of. I have a chronic illness and haven't been able to do much so I am having to go slowly. I'm doing Daily Burn programs since I can do them from home. I've made it through many of the 'true beginner' workouts so I figured I'd try the African dance one. I nearly died after ten minutes. :D

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:20 pm

ominous wrote:
Since my last report I've started working out daily

Is that safe? I thought people were supposed to work out every other day when they are just starting, so their muscles have time to recover or something.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:23 pm

You're supposed to work on different "muscle groups." You could work out every day--but you have to work out legs one day, abdomen another day. You could do cardiovascular work every day.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm

our ancestors managed to stay rail-thin without health club workouts or special diets and supplements. I wonder what their secret was?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
our ancestors managed to stay rail-thin without health club workouts or special diets and supplements. I wonder what their secret was?

They lived in a natural human habitat, fulfilling their survival needs by the sweat of their brow, and eating natural human food. We live in a giant hamster cage with genetically-modified food pellets and hamster wheels to run on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:48 pm

They hunted and gathered every day; both take lots of energy and strength.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:48 pm

starkid wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

They lived in a natural human habitat, fulfilling their survival needs by the sweat of their brow, and eating natural human food. We live in a giant hamster cage with genetically-modified food pellets and hamster wheels to run on.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I eat rabbit food every day yet here I am puffing out like orson welles. damn.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They hunted and gathered every day; both take lots of energy and strength.

ah, that's it, I'm missing the energy and strength. :|

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 8:32 pm

That's why people stayed thin in those days.

And that's why there's lots of chubbiness these days.

We don't hunt and gather any more.

And we eat MORE than those hunters-gatherers used to eat.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 8:44 pm

I would consider it a fair trade, that in exchange for my health back, I'd be willing to do a lot more hunting and foraging.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 10:48 am

Partly, I can't stand to take the time away from doing other things. Partly, it's because of my bad knees. It's very hard for me to climb in and out of the tub, even with a step added by relatives. It's also hard for me to stand there long enough to do the job. I did recently buy a shower/tub chair that I can sit in while showering in the tub. Because of my bad knees I haven't been able to get down or up in the tub for many years now, so I just take showers. Unfortunately, I just have the one bathroom, and it has a high sided tub. I do shower when I have to go out, or when it's hot, but I don't go out much, and it's usually not too hot here. I do sometimes use those body wipes for sponge baths, in between my showers. I found a brand that has a nice, fresh smell that I like. I also live alone, so usually, no one else has to put up with me. I wish I could have the tub converted to one of those step in/out tubs, but my trailer home is very old, and has issues. There is a real possibility of work men finding problems if they start taking the old tub apart, so it's best not to tinker with the existing facility. Having my relatives put in the step was a help, and so is the new shower/tub chair.