Page 8 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

TheArronaut
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2016, 10:56 pm

it's perfectly legible, my letters are just kinda small and lumpy. at least it's very distinct.

Official Diagnosis: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1, without accompanying intellectual impairment. Specific Learning Disorder, With Impairment in Mathematics (Dyscalculia)

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 11:11 pm

I can write neatly but only printed in all caps... I hate cursive so Ive never used it. If I just grab a pen and write naturally its a horror show.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 12:22 am

The_Gimp wrote:
Uncle wrote:
Put it this way, people often ask if im a Doctor after seeing my handwriting :roll: !

Maybe you should become a doctor. :)

Hehe, once thought about it but think im happy doing voluntary things because i then have control of time spent.. The thought of Uni, people, bright lights in fluorescent classrooms wouldn't allow me to concentrate to my potential. So other than my Sports Science i am self taught in all other areas... However thank you very much for the suggestion whether for a joke or sincerity :)

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 11:26 pm

Kindergarteners have better handwriting than me.
And my professors this semester hate technology. One professor said he doesn't allow laptops in class because you're not really learning if you're typing the notes. The way I process typing is the same way I process handwriting though, but I'm not going to try to explain that. He's one of those old dudes who thinks technology is brainwashing the young people.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

AnaHitori wrote:
I get compliments about my handwriting a lot, so apparently it's pretty good. ^^ People say it's cute because my letters are so big and round.

I don't write in cursive, but the letters flow together like cursive, either pressed up against each other or directly attached to each other. The letters stand straight up rather than tilting. I space words very far apart from each other, particularly when I'm upset. I read once that the space you put in between words is representative of how much you distance yourself from other people, which seems very true in my case! I also don't dot my letters (the lowercase i and j).

And I hold my pencil "wrong" apparently. So people are like, "How can you write so perfectly when you're holding the pencil like that!?"

I write at a normal speed. Or maybe slightly slower than average? I think I'm kind of a perfectionist about my handwriting; that's probably why people think it looks nice. ^^

Oh, I'll add to this: When I was in preschool, my teacher hated my handwriting and the way I held my pencil. Her main complaint was that I put too much space in between words.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 2:34 pm

AnaHitori wrote:
Oh, I'll add to this: When I was in preschool, my teacher hated my handwriting and the way I held my pencil. Her main complaint was that I put too much space in between words.

I was exactly the opposite. In grade one, my teacher commented that I never spaced out my words. And I've never held my pencil the "right" way, either. It's not a big deal, though, because my writing is pretty neat.