Page 8 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2019, 9:40 am

Go on what others are saying...

If you know what Modal Logic is.

Or if you've ever read Prior and Posterior Analytics because you felt it was important and useful.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 11:53 am

IstominFan wrote:
Joe90,

I was a proofreader at my local newspaper between 1999-2001 and the spelling errors made me about tear out my hair!

Especially these days though, when most devices have autocorrect or other forms of help with spelling. I know some people can't help being poor spellers but...you know.. :lol:

I have no idea what modal logic or boolean logic is. :?

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2019, 12:13 pm

Joe90 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:
Joe90,

I was a proofreader at my local newspaper between 1999-2001 and the spelling errors made me about tear out my hair!

Especially these days though, when most devices have autocorrect or other forms of help with spelling. I know some people can't help being poor spellers but...you know.. :lol:

It's ok :)

I'm pretty sure the main point is "You know about intellectual fields without being required to learn it for school or work, simply because you are academically oriented by nature."

A lot of people don't enjoy learning. Their social lives are more interesting to them than watching a lecture on the geopolitics of the South China Sea :D

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 12:16 pm

That would interest me :D

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2019, 12:24 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
LOL.....people had to watch films about the geopolitics of the South China Sea region back in the 1960s-1970s---during the Vietnam war!

lol I can see that considering the time!

I was thinking specifically about when I tried to get some college roommates to watch a 2 hour discussion put on YouTube by the Council on Foreign Relations about the South China Sea. I somehow thought they would share my enjoyment.

Yeah... I was like that :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 2:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
IstominFan wrote:
Joe90,

Boolean Logic is a mathematical method of deductive reasoning using algebra. It's used in Philosophy and other fields where probability, truth and fallacy are measured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_algebra

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 2:42 pm

∆∆∆∆

Sounds way too complicated for me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 2:53 pm

Joe90 wrote:
∆∆∆∆

It wasn't as complicated as it may look (in my opinion), but I've always done well with math and logic using patterns. In contrast I had a really hard time with written syllogisms using words, which is also part of deductive reasoning. I might have chosen to go to Law School, but the LSAT involves a lot of syllogisms and I couldn't reason with words well enough to excel on the test.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 3:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
∆∆∆∆

It wasn't as complicated as it may look (in my opinion), but I've always done well with math and logic using patterns. In contrast I had a really hard time with written syllogisms using words, which is also part of deductive reasoning. I might have chosen to go to Law School, but the LSAT involves a lot of syllogisms and I couldn't reason with words well enough to excel on the test.

Ah, you mean like:-
All neurotypicals are allistic
Not all allistics are neurotypicals
All autistics and allistics are humans.

Or something.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 3:13 pm

loll --- agghgghghh!! :wall: You see .... I can't even read what you wrote without going cross-eyed and wanting to die!

The involvement of words just does my head in! Likewise, I can't understand double negatives, like on multiple choice tests.

Funny how everyone has their stumbling blocks!!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 5:27 pm

You think you are not but keep finding you have autistic traits? Though maybe they are just traits... Who knows! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 6:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
∆∆∆∆

And here a quack, and there a quack...

EI EIO!! !! ! :D

Goob234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jun 2019, 7:47 pm

You have a little freak out moment (haha, just today) because you see bubbles on your hand out of the corner of your eyes. I hate small holes so bad and that's what bubbles look like on my skin.

neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
AQ test- 37

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:08 pm

You check under speakers or any sound devices for ear worms! (Joking... But I almost feel like looking now I have heard the phrase... And don't forget behind ones ears!)...

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:29 pm

Goob234 wrote:
I hate small holes so bad

Trypophobia = fear of holes

https://www.futurity.org/holes-disgust- ... s-1647042/

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 8:36 pm

What about the fear of the toilet monster?