No, I have the dancing skills of a dead armadillo 50%  50%  [ 76 ]
I think I'm good at dancing, but everyone else thinks otherwise 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
What's dancing? 14%  14%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 151

weirdloverwilde
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2008, 8:59 pm

I enjoy moving to music in my own way, but I hated learning stupid "dance steps" in school PE class because I wanted to move freely. My idea of dancing consists of just jumping around and spinning :lol: I love to do my kind of dancing, but not in public.
When it comes to "normal dancing" like the way everyone seems to dance in clubs and things, I have no idea what I'm doing. I end up tripping over my own feet, or losing balance and knocking people over. :roll:

paddy
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Feb 2008, 9:07 pm

i'm an awful dancer and the harder i try the worse i get. now when i go to clubs i try to avoid dancing.

baby_blue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2008, 11:01 pm

I find that I'm crap at dancing when it comes to any genre of music except rock 'n' roll. Probably coz I'm a guitarist who plays rock music. I looove dancing to retro stuff like AC/DC and moshing to newer stuff at clubs...when that kind of music comes on, I can't help myself and i just start dancing....strangely enough, i seem to get quite a few positive reactions from the opposite sex when that happens....but I can't see why!

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 11:29 pm

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all guys take dance lessons.

MsJ
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Feb 2008, 12:42 am

I love dancing and am good at it, but in most other ways I'm a klutz. In grade school, I hated team sports because 1) it involved interaction with other kids and 2) I had no physical abilities whatsoever, plus I was clumsy. I was so clumsy, in fact, that I learned how to take falls so as not to get hurt. But then when I was 12 I discovered I had a flair for dance and in high school took gymnastics and wasn't too bad at it. After years of work people tell me I appear graceful, but it is all a pose I worked at very hard!

I don't dance like anyone else - when I took belly dance lessons and we each had to freestyle at the end of class, I would always come up with something unlike anyone else. I think this comes down to the fact that it's hard for me to learn actual steps. I review exercise dvds, and I don't know for sure because I do them at home alone, but I get the sneaking suspicion that it takes me longer to learn the choreography on some cardio dance dvds than it takes most people. A few of them I really had to perservere, and then I look on Amazon and people talk about how easy they were to learn!
-J.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2008, 11:33 am

Bill Hicks would now like to comment on this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMtY8BXhaA