Page 9 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 9:14 pm

marshall wrote:
It's funny to watch two philosophical opposites fight.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between you two.

Centrists get called p*****s and fired on from both sides :P

(yes that's a somewhat joke-but it is true that moderates can get a lot of flak from more radical people on both sides)

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2008, 9:48 pm

Our superior autistic race has to fight to survive. We are being suppressed by the greedy neurotypicals, whom we must drive out of existence. To meet our needs, we must annex territory as our living space. Alles für Asperger's. Heil mein Führer.

Lol just kidding. I don't like Hitler. But we definitely have to stand up for ourselves or we're going to face discrimination.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 10:04 pm

Praetorius wrote:
Our superior autistic race has to fight to survive. We are being suppressed by the greedy neurotypicals, whom we must drive out of existence. To meet our needs, we must annex territory as our living space. Alles für Asperger's. Heil mein Führer.

Lol just kidding. I don't like Hitler. But we definitely have to stand up for ourselves or we're going to face discrimination.

how's that FreeNationFoundation/Sealand attempt ThePirateBay was working on. The attempt died and thhe sites were supposed to come back up. LOL autistic people can make that their 'nation'.

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2008, 1:54 am

Warsie wrote:
LOL autistic people can make that their 'nation'.
And we should! I'd visit it often. I mean, I wouldn't want to live there necessarily because everything would be dark and covered so that people feel safe and private. And everyone would walk really fast in huge strides while looking down at the ground. And the emergency services people would all have germ phobia and wouldn't touch anyone! And public gatherings would basically consist of tons of people standing around akwardly not looking at each other.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 2:04 am

Praetorius wrote:
And we should!

hell yeah. And I'd extend it to more than just autistic people. Basically anyone who does not fit in the various societies can join us :mrgreen:

Quote:
I'd visit it often. I mean, I wouldn't want to live there necessarily because everything would be dark and covered so that people feel safe and private.

I'd think that the nation might have more of a focus on smaller cities and would have better noise-cancellation technology in the trains, buildings, cars, etc.

Quote:
And everyone would walk really fast in huge strides while looking down at the ground.

Well it depends on the person.

Quote:
And the emergency services people would all have germ phobia and wouldn't touch anyone!

if they have gloves then no. And given they went into emergeny services likely they won't have those sensory issues or it won't bother them as much

Quote:
And public gatherings would basically consist of tons of people standing around akwardly not looking at each other.

or internet metings, or stuff in Anime conventions :P

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2008, 2:36 am

I'd want some kind of nightlife in this country we'll call "Aspergia".

I'd be going up to Aspie girls like, "So... what do you do when you stim?" Or I'd be like, "So I was memorizing the digits of Pi and I got to the part where the number seven is repeated four times and I was like, wow!" Or, "Hey, baby. What's your favorite Wikipedia article?"

It would be kind of fun to live somewhere where being nerdy and weird is cool.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 2:47 am

Praetorius wrote:
I'd want some kind of nightlife in this country we'll call "Aspergia".

I'd be going up to Aspie girls like, "So... what do you do when you stim?" Or I'd be like, "So I was memorizing the digits of Pi and I got to the part where the number seven is repeated four times and I was like, wow!" Or, "Hey, baby. What's your favorite Wikipedia article?"

It would be kind of fun to live somewhere where being nerdy and weird is cool.

more accurately (for me)

Pickup line: "So, I herd u liek mudipz"
Her: "Oh yes, I like the mudkipz so much"
Me: "So do you like Seaking?"
Her: "Seaking, f**k YEAH!"

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2008, 10:32 am

Interesting turn of conversation...

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2008, 5:56 pm

I've decided to re-bump this thread since the hatred coming from the supposed anti-haters is stirring up again.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:52 pm

I had a brief spell on AFF but found them too political and "autism community"-oriented for my liking, but then that was the very purpose of that place. WP in contrast has a lot more variety, so I'm not as put off by the "militant AS" side of things wherever it appears.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 8:14 pm

WrongPlanet can be a very political place.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 8:32 pm

You should try lurking at aspies for freedom. I don't know how much crack Mrs. Nelson smoked when she was pregnant with Gareth, but it was either too much or not enough. :lol:

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 9:02 pm

slowmutant wrote:
WrongPlanet can be a very political place.

In terms of Aspie politics, there is some but it's not nearly as big a deal for all concerned as it seemed to be on AFF (Aspies For Freedom).

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2008, 2:34 pm

I have met some really nice Nt's and mistaken bullies for being NT but were most likely just sociopaths.

So with that knowledge, I know that it's not the NT's auties have to worry about, it's the sociopaths who can mask themselves as normal or anything they want to manipulate, bully and control.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 2:53 pm

kittenmeow wrote:
I have met some really nice Nt's and mistaken bullies for being NT but were most likely just sociopaths.

So with that knowledge, I know that it's not the NT's auties have to worry about, it's the sociopaths who can mask themselves as normal or anything they want to manipulate, bully and control.

I thought sociopaths, personality-disordered and identity disordered WERE NTs. They have the same "neuroplatform" as the norm, except for maybe a tendency to be more somatic (easily induced to stress, etc.)

I think of people who have problems that have no real organic, systematic cause that almost completely accounts for their condition, as being "neurotypical". If people were computers and AS were implemented on Linux while NT was Microsoft Windows, sociopaths and narcissists would be running on the Microsoft Windows platform.

I don't equate "neurotypical" with "ideally healthy in every physical and emotional and psychological way". That makes an ideal the "norm" and equates deviation from the norm as "sick" or "pathological". So then, are alcoholics not "NT", wife-beaters, gamblers (OCD)...? The ideal person is not "typical".

Is this some kind of error in definitions that I have been operating under, when I think of "NT"?

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 3:20 pm

DeanFoley wrote:

I've seen it in so many forms. Here are a few examples...

-Asperger Syndrome is a power given from God.
-Asperger Syndrome gives you logical thinking and rationality.
-Most Neurotypical's view us as inferior, sub-human beings.
-Neurotypical's are going to attempt genocide on us.
-Aspies are ''closer to God''.
-Aspies are some ''other'', more evolved race.
-Aspies will save the world somehow, against the ''New World Order'' or something else. ''Vanguards of cretion''.
-Neurotypical's are evil, at least that's the vibe I'm getting from people on here...
-A cure will be mandatory.

:lmao: :hail:

Best laugh I've had all day.

Anyone suffering from the dreaded 'Aspie' superiority complex needs to get out of the house before it's too late. Then again those evil, moronic club-dragging NT's might have them running back home even more bitter than before. :roll:

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.