Page 10 of 12 [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Hauge
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2011, 3:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Is this a picture of an Aspie or an NT?

Should be, as i'm dx'd as such...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 3:38 pm

katzefrau wrote:
also i can't stop thinking of this famous photo of Sharbat Gula (by Steve McCurry)

i suppose if i saw with my own eyes what her eyes saw, i'd have that same 1000 yard stare going on as well.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 3:52 pm

Hauge wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Is this a picture of an Aspie or an NT?

Should be, as i'm dx'd as such...

Sorry about the misunderstanding, but those eyes just look no different to any NT. I didn't see no spooky difference in the eyes at all. Eyeballs are eyeballs, end of.

When I look at my eyes, I see my dad's eyes. He is NT, and I look just like him. I am not some sort of alien. Neither are you.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 4:46 pm

sunshower wrote:
Mine can be very intense. People comment on them a lot. Sometimes strangers comment.

Full face:

I have the unfounded suspicion that the shade of blue changes according to my mood...

(I have had a minor eye obsession in the past... I swear I'm not a narcissist :oops: )

Very nice pictures.....but hey, you took my quote! :(

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 5:24 pm

Morgana wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Mine can be very intense. People comment on them a lot. Sometimes strangers comment.

Full face:

I have the unfounded suspicion that the shade of blue changes according to my mood...

(I have had a minor eye obsession in the past... I swear I'm not a narcissist :oops: )

Oh no!! :( I swear I didn't steal it off you - The Fountain is one of my two favourite movies of all time (along with Spirited Away). It's always been one of my favourite quotes. I may have to think of a different signature :(

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 5:29 pm

sunshower wrote:
Morgana wrote:
sunshower wrote:

Full face:

Oh no!! :( I swear I didn't steal it off you - The Fountain is one of my two favourite movies of all time (along with Spirited Away). It's always been one of my favourite quotes. I may have to think of a different signature :(

Sorry, I didn´t mean to sound accusing. I just got a shock when I saw it, but I guess I have no business really thinking of it as "mine".

Yes, I also think "The Fountain" is a totally awesome movie! Definitely on my list of favorites.

joestenr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2011, 7:25 pm

I alwAys thought my eyes looked different from other peoples. Kinda like i was watching sonething really far away.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 8:00 pm

Morgana wrote:
Sorry, I didn´t mean to sound accusing. I just got a shock when I saw it, but I guess I have no business really thinking of it as "mine".

Yes, I also think "The Fountain" is a totally awesome movie! Definitely on my list of favorites.

That's ok.. I know it can be upsetting when you feel like someone's imitating you. I'll change my signature to something else.

LawsOfIllusion
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2011, 11:27 pm

I have had many people tell me that I looked like I was stoned or that my eyes were glassed over. I don't do drugs so I know I am not stones. lol

camelia
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

A long time ago I had a picture of me on my website.. a guy wrote me one day, the weirdest email... he went on about my eyes and how we had something in common. It creeped me out really. But I hadn't even heard of aspergers back then. He didn't mention that, but I was always struck by the way he was fixated on my eyes. I think I still have that old picture somewhere.

usaneanderthal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Apr 2015, 8:17 am

my brother and i have the aspie eyes ---people say our gaze is unsettling and makes them feel like we are reading their soul or are gonna go for their their throats . we are very gentle.
we both wear thick glasses, so that covers our eyes well, but when take off our glasses then our eyes scare people. with 20/200 vision , i rarely ever take off my glasses..so not too much of a problem. used to wear contacts for a little while but my eyes scared too many people so went back to wearing my glasses.
people also said sometimes it looks like i am peering into another dimension with my gaze.... and that frightens them.

go figure

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 11:29 am

we have a faraway, dreamy look, or a quirky one. and sometimes an aspie's eyes glow very brightly. i've seen this in pictures. i was told i have a confused and lost look, like i dont know where i am and what's going on around me, which is how i feel most of the time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 11:39 am

I've long practiced looking at myself in the mirror, to try to make my visage friendlier-looking, to try to smile with my eyes. :)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 12:39 pm

Most of my life, I have head, that I have dreamy eyes. Through certain periods, I´ve been told: "Now! Don´t you disappear!" I´ve allways been good at "disappearing" on spot, when things get too much.
I may look more present now, since I don´t get those remarks anymore.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

I have been told I look high, depressed, or angry. Not sure if it is my eyes or facial expression in general. I do not think I like sad or mad or anything, but the general consensus is that I do. *shrugs*

Anna_K
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2015, 1:57 pm

I have gotten comments about how my eyes look different, and that they look doll-like. Maybe they said that cuz of the colour and how they are big. Because they are a greenish blue colour, as you can see in my profile pic.