Are most people with Asperger's Atheists?

Page 10 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm

I wouldn't like to say.

fodder1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2016, 3:10 am

I don't have enough empirical data to know if most of us are atheists.

My personal persuasion is agnostic, because I base my faith in what I know to be accurate, and thus far almost all the evidence I've come across that's supposed to point to god also can be explained by other means. The two things devoid of a rational explanation thus far are as follows.

1- It's remotely possible there was early knowledge (3,000ish years before the official discovery of it) of an ability to send audio via electricity and/or light (job 38:35 nkjv).

2- Currently as far as I've studied I've found no evidence of a second big bang- in terms of changes to universal expansion patterns and such (for a random event it seems strange to be isolated in the past 13+ billion years).

If anyone has any reasonable scientifically backed ideas/theories I'd be interested in hearing them on those topics. Right now this happens to be an area of interest simply because I like solving puzzles.

NoName93
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2016, 5:37 am

I am agnostic but I don't like to go to church

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 5:50 am

I am a Roman Catholic.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

Gematron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

I don't believe in a God. Most people are usually whatever religion they were brought up in. They really weren't given a choice for the most part so they think that they're religion is the one true religion. I was brought up Catholic and was for the most part of my life till I entered high school. I ended up meeting people from other religion and i was curious as to why some people were atheist or any other region than Catholic. From my understanding at the time I thought Catholicism was the only true religion because that's what I was told and how I was raised by my religious community. But as I started to learn about other religion as well as learning about other people I started seeing flaws in my own religion as well as others. There's of course more to the story than that but that's just a quick view. After realizing the flaws I realize people for the most part are whatever religion they are brought up in. Never given a choice to learn about other religions and pick their own so theyre ignorant about other religions or think others are fake. I gave up Catholism and started learning about other religions. To make a long story short after a couple of years I decided not to adopt any religion. My philosophy now is that I really don't believe in a god or gods and if I had to I would say that Life is god. Life creates life and takes away life. Everything happens though life. You could easily prove Life by just looking around. Everything is happening through Life if that makes any sense to you guys. If we were to find other aliens on another planet I'm sure they would have to re write the bible. But with my philosophy nothing would change if you believe that life is god because thats just life. I've learned everything from life and so have a lot of people. To me life isn't an entity or deity it's just simply life and it does whatever it does. Not sure if any of that made sense to anyone but it makes sense to me lol

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

Atheist here, although I do believe in the moral messages behind a lot of religions, like being a good person, being good to others, charity and that. But in there being a creator? No.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm

Technically, I'm an atheist. However, I'm also a Jain. What that means is I support our doctrine of Anekantavada - acceptance of the multiplicity of viewpoints. I accept God because you accept God and I will not make claim to having the right answer.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

24 Apr 2016, 10:41 pm

I think Aspies tend to be because they tend to be into science & like dinosaurs when they are little. Some religions like Catholicism goes against science & believe that the earth was created 6 thousand years ago & that dinosaur bones were created by the devil to trick man. I personally am a Secular Humanist & am agnostic.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2016, 1:11 am

I like religion, but only minimalistic version, mix of Nietzsche and Christianity, see
louisseeksunderstanding.blogspot.com

Religion is nice, but don't believe in wishfull thinking like afterlife, paradise, and such

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think Aspies tend to be because they tend to be into science & like dinosaurs when they are little. Some religions like Catholicism goes against science & believe that the earth was created 6 thousand years ago & that dinosaur bones were created by the devil to trick man. I personally am a Secular Humanist & am agnostic.

You need to brush up on modern history. Catholics abandoned that notion a couple of centuries ago. :wink:

Hell, they even issued a formal apology to Galileo. Not that it matters than much to him now. :lol:

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

I consider myself an agnostic atheist. I can't possibly claim to know with any sort of certainty whether or not god(s) exist, but I don't personally believe they do.

I was raised Catholic but stopped believing quite literally overnight when I realised I didn't really accept any of it. That was when I was fourteen or so.

Last edited by Grahzmann on 25 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

I'm a Christian but I don't go to church as often as I should.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

25 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

Basso53 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

You need to brush up on modern history. Catholics abandoned that notion a couple of centuries ago. :wink:

Hell, they even issued a formal apology to Galileo. Not that it matters than much to him now. :lol:
Me & my girlfriend known different 1s who still believe that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2016, 2:17 pm

I'm a Christian....and also a scientist. :-)

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm a Christian but I don't go to church as often as I should.

No wonder! Col. Klink appears to me to be a big atheist. Not that it does much for him.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 7:53 am

I'm a christian and I was raised in the church.