1Million Dollars Vs Lose Your Aspergers.

Page 10 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Which would you pick
1 Million untaxed dollars 88%  88%  [ 127 ]
Cure your aspergers forever 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 145

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 11:34 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Neither, I have no need for a million dollars and I do not wish to be "cured" of being an Aspie.

Well, if you ever get it, and do not change your mind about the money....you could always throw it my way.....LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 11:35 am

zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
Neither, I have no need for a million dollars and I do not wish to be "cured" of being an Aspie.

Well, if you ever get it, and do not change your mind about the money....you could always throw it my way.....LOL

Lol. Ok, if I ever get a million it will be all yours. :P

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 11:45 am

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Ya know, I'd at least take you and yours to dinner....someplace small and quiet.

Just because if you are anything like me, a regular restaurant can be a bit overloading......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 11:48 am

zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

Ya know, I'd at least take you and yours to dinner....someplace small and quiet.

Just because if you are anything like me, a regular restaurant can be a bit overloading......

Yes, it can be very overloading. :(

Sadly it would just be you and me, as I don't have a significant other. :(

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 12:04 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

It would be three...you, me, da wife. But anything more than that and it starts to get crowded for my tastes. Hell, wife may not want to go anyway LOL.

Speaking of restaurants...nothing is more overloading in my experience than being in a restaurant in China at peak times. Went there in October and it was nuts going to dinners and morning tea. Wow...Cacophony does not even do the sound levels justice. But, oh man.....the patterns, light patterns, reflections and all were just amazing. I could sit there and just stare at the crystal hangings, the glass and gold and shine and neons. That's where the mind could just sit for hours in quiet and stare at that brilliance. But, it wasn't quiet. And I couldn't just disappear completely except for brief moments of trance like states.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 12:13 pm

zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:

It would be three...you, me, da wife. But anything more than that and it starts to get crowded for my tastes. Hell, wife may not want to go anyway LOL.

Speaking of restaurants...nothing is more overloading in my experience than being in a restaurant in China at peak times. Went there in October and it was nuts going to dinners and morning tea. Wow...Cacophony does not even do the sound levels justice. But, oh man.....the patterns, light patterns, reflections and all were just amazing. I could sit there and just stare at the crystal hangings, the glass and gold and shine and neons. That's where the mind could just sit for hours in quiet and stare at that brilliance. But, it wasn't quiet. And I couldn't just disappear completely except for brief moments of trance like states.

Ah. Ok.

Sorry to hear that.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2016, 12:54 pm

The million. As much as I have found myself wishing I was "normal" and feel bad about being just given money, it would help my life. These days it's not a whole lot of money but it's something. I could move to a place where I can land a steady job/pay for school. People say it affects you socially but I'm not interested in a whole lot of friends. It does get kinda lonely in a way to be "alien" but perhaps I could move somewhere where I can be with kindred spirits.
Money may not buy happiness but it can buy you a way to a better life.

No I'm not interested in being an NT at all. The only reason I wish I was "normal" sometimes is because it's harder to succeed in an NT filled world.

My response may be slightly altered though as I am high functioning and only have some deficiencies in "reading" people. In some ways I have found I can read people better than NTs can. I just don't always listen to myself.
Most importantly as much as it burdens me, I don't know if I can cope with the possibility of losing my above average senses and taking away my impairment doesn't leave room for the senses.

Plus who knows I might still have my physical health problems. Being NT doesn't take away my past struggles.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 1:03 pm

Nickchick wrote:
My response may be slightly altered though as I am high functioning and only have some deficiencies in "reading" people. In some ways I have found I can read people better than NTs can. I just don't always listen to myself...

... Being NT doesn't take away my past struggles.

I get you. I wouldn't take the money... I wouldn't even take it to not take this hypothetical cure... but other than that; I can relate to this part of your post, certainly. I'd just add that it also wouldn't take away your past successes! :)

ConceptuallyCurious
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2016, 3:02 pm

There are things I hate about ASD, but if I had a million dollars (less once converted to GBP), I could buy a house and have some money for saving. If my wife and my relationship remained strong, we could cover our bills and live comfortably on her income so it wouldn't matter if I couldn't get a good job.

The pressure would be much lower even if I lived alone.

ADHD diagnosed in July 2016

Also "probable" dyspraxia/DCD and dyslexia.

Plus a smattering of mental health problems that have now been mostly resolved.

Veilmenacex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2016, 3:46 pm

Dude I really want to lose my Asperger's seriously...

The money is tempting but

I want to be able to enjoy normal range of interests and acitivites

I want to pick up on social cues

I want to communicate better

manager anger better

not have obsessive and intrusive thoughts

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2016, 4:22 pm

I'd take the 1 million dollars.

Id say Asperger's was more of a blessing for me considering I grew up in a ghetto neighborhood I'd probably end up like another dime a dozen ghetto Black kid that cause trouble everywhere and speak ebonics with curse words in every sentence. I also probably wouldn't have a drive to learn about things and do well in school. I'd also probably be dead since some of the other kids were in gangs.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 2:41 am

Veilmenacex wrote:
Dude I really want to lose my Asperger's seriously...

The money is tempting but

I want to be able to enjoy normal range of interests and acitivites

I want to pick up on social cues

I want to communicate better

manager anger better

not have obsessive and intrusive thoughts

Same, though in this case? Not even tempted. I mean... having those abilities puts me in a better position to just make that money, if that is what I chose to pursue. A lot of the stuff people describe as benefits of autism are things I've found decidedly unhelpful for me.

Trying to figure out the reason for the difference between my attitude about it and that of others with ASD, and trying to find people who can relate to my feelings on this is probably about 95% of the reason I'm on this site. It's why I show up in these threads even though they tend to make me miserable.