Page 10 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2008, 2:00 pm

I'm 24.

A couple of months short of turning 24 a bus driver thought that I was 15.

Most of the time when I go to get my mum her medication or cigarettes I have to bring my passport because they don't believe I'm over 18.

I think that they probably would think I was younger if not for the fact that I developed early and have rather large breasts, but the fact that that when I go to new shops they think I'm under 18 despite that says alot.

My dad loves it, since it means he doesn't have to pay full price for me. On my 21st birthday he paided child prices for me to get into the london dungeon.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:08 pm

Another nail in the diagnostic coffin. I look a hell of a lot older than I actually am, maybe 26-30. :oops:

My dad looks his age.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 2:59 pm

Another thread using the royal "Aspie We"...
I look every bit my 40 years. Perhaps more with all the gray hair coming in.
Big deal.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 5:44 pm

It is the opposite for me. I'm 15 but loads of people have thought I was 16, 17 or 18. It ain't that great. Loads of people have commented on how tall I am, not that that's a bad thing. :wink:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

toboo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2008, 5:50 pm

it did hold true until i had kids and gained weight. and i think it still does a bit, but not as much.

i'm 35. five years ago some teenager stopped me in the street and asked me what high school i went to. i was like, "um, far away from here, 13 years ago...."

my hubby also looks very young, though he just started gaining weight so that has lessened as well. we only get carded at restaurants 25% of the time now.

when we bought our house 10 years ago, the sellers thought we were fresh out of high school.

i also have a child like voice.

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Dec 2008, 7:39 pm

I'm 15 and still get offered the menu for kids 10 and under everytime I eat out. I always take the menu, too, because the food is cheaper and I like to color it! :lol: :oops:

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 7:50 pm

I get mistaken for a much younger age, also. I constantly get called "little girl". Rarely I get mistaken for much older than I really am-- I'm not sure if they were just trying to be nice or not.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2008, 7:50 pm

Hey, me too!

Plus I prefer the food on the kids menu!

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

08 Dec 2008, 7:52 pm

I'm 17 and I think I look very much like my age. I'll wait another 20 years to find out.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 7:52 pm

BastetsEye wrote:
Hey, me too!

Plus I prefer the food on the kids menu!

Haha, me too. I like coloring too.

I've been offered the coloring book when I was 15 too.

1Oryx2
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2008, 8:54 pm

People never guess my age right. They always think I' 12-16 or so...I still go out for on halloween and no one asks if I'm too old. :o

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2008, 8:55 pm

Well, I can't guess anybody's age. I can usually tell if they are a heavy drinker/smoker though.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 9:01 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I did age past the age of 14. I look that young and at times I feel that young. When I'm around people my age I feel a lot younger. Maybe because they all work and live on their own or with other friends. I also enjoy watching Ben 10 and The Powerpuff Girls.

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2008, 9:13 pm

I'm 24 but I regularly get ID-checked (age for buying alcohol etc is 18 here), so they must think I'm 17 or younger... at least 7 years younger than I actually am! It's interesting to see that I'm not unique in that way. I think part of my reason is because all the people around me of my age wear the latest fashions and 'revealing'/sexy clothes... whereas I wear t-shirts and jeans and often my t-shirts are of video games etc. So that may well add toit. 'Though I'm often told I look young, even as young as 16 or 14!! Wow... hope it lasts!

cdc2001c

11 Dec 2008, 12:59 am

I ran into some more of my old classmates again the other day. I have not seen this I graduated in 1997. I could not help but notice how old they look. Many look way older than 29 or 30. Everyone was shocked to see that I actually look younger now than I did in high school. I still do not have any wrinkles yet,(knock on wood) and I really do look younger now. I guess alot has to do with what they are going through in life. Alot of them are married with families and that may have aged them a bit, while I envy them for this I am glad I still look young.

fernando
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2008, 8:14 pm

_BRI_ wrote:
We look younger physically, why is that?

I think i got it!

We look younger because our body temperature is lower than normal.

Lower temperature => slower metabolism => slower aging

Disclaimer: The idea that our body temperature is lower is something that has been reported on this forum repeatedly over the years, i haven't verified it myself.

Edit: Transgenic Mice with a Reduced Core Body Temperature Have an Increased Life Span