Secrets to Successful Flirting? A question...

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SB2
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 4:33 pm

Mr. Groovy,

Pretty good advice.
i share agreement with most (close to all) of what your articles stated.

i consider myself a 'lay-man' expert in the matters of the opposite sex. Because of some very lucky instances which happened to me when i was in the jr. high. these kinda directed my single minded pursuits, interests, and focus for the next 15 years of my life.

I had studied and tried every concievable angle, into figuring out how to get a read on the ladies, and how to attract them. If i can find the time i will send you a few personal messages, on these matters.

I am not a schooled master of these topics. But my streetwise smarts on the subject have provided me with some extremely fruitful results. Being from Southern California yourself, you obviously can understand why i was consumed by the ladies.

Once again, great stuff there. keep up the good work.

SB²

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 7:27 pm

GroovyDruid wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Maybe a lot of you are just boring people? :idea:

Wait a minute: weren't you gung-ho on this stuff not too long ago? do share your change of heart.

I really have no guts, I try going gung-ho all the time and either forget or fail miserably. I forgot, which is probably for the best. I really don't have the self control to change my own body language, I'm way too figety when stressed to do something like that. It's not so much a lack of confidence as it is me just not putting forth and/or seeing the reason for all the effort. Don't worry though, there's a big move I plan on making that a lot of people know is coming. The romance forum's gotten boring, so I figured I'll make it a bit more exciting. :wink: And yeah, your advice in that post sounds like good stuff, but not everything is applicable to everybody.

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2006, 9:47 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
GroovyDruid wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Maybe a lot of you are just boring people? :idea:

Wait a minute: weren't you gung-ho on this stuff not too long ago? do share your change of heart.

I really have no guts, I try going gung-ho all the time and either forget or fail miserably. I forgot, which is probably for the best. I really don't have the self control to change my own body language, I'm way too figety when stressed to do something like that. It's not so much a lack of confidence as it is me just not putting forth and/or seeing the reason for all the effort. Don't worry though, there's a big move I plan on making that a lot of people know is coming. The romance forum's gotten boring, so I figured I'll make it a bit more exciting. :wink: And yeah, your advice in that post sounds like good stuff, but not everything is applicable to everybody.

That's cool. Thanks for sharing.

As for guts and control and stuff, give yourself time. It's a process. Don't force it or be hard on yourself at all. That's my advice. It's supposed to be fun and exciting. If it's not, then it may be too steep a gradient. Best of luck.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 10:03 pm

How old are ya Mister Druid? Just curious...

I have a feeling a lotta people would be asking you stuff if you started an Ask Anything thread, you're a smart cookie

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

17 Jan 2006, 10:33 pm

maybe the flirting is a problem because we never pick up on the tecniques others use and so we dont have a model. And since we dont pick up on the ques that people give us on our own tecniques, we cant "hone" those skills.... at least that is what my problem seems to be.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2006, 10:58 pm

I've tried observing and picking up techniques, the problem is I can't tell the difference between flirting and friendliness.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

18 Jan 2006, 6:58 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I've tried observing and picking up techniques, the problem is I can't tell the difference between flirting and friendliness.

me neather.....

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2006, 10:39 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
How old are ya Mister Druid? Just curious...

I have a feeling a lotta people would be asking you stuff if you started an Ask Anything thread, you're a smart cookie

Thanks so much for saying so!

Funny thing you would say that: Alex has asked me to move "Dear Aspie" to the home page and answer all sorts of questions. So you're right on the cutting edge.

There was an anouncement on the homepage a few days ago, but Alex took it down so that my Flirting article would be at the top when the people from the Doctor Phil program started rolling in. "Dear Aspie" will be out soon, though. Anyone may submit questions to me. I hope y'all find it interesting. :)

nerderer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2006, 3:13 pm

oh this is good stuff i dont know why i care of such things but mainly because i dont want to be alone, so i need a girl who will take the reins and hold my hand, then again we usually have major conflicts because i still need control and am indeed the alpha male, anyway i usually have relied on dumb luck which can be fun i had it better when i did do that but was left with nothing in the end and now that im serious its like life and death to me and way way to stressful, so i met this girl who i knew before and thats usually easier i always say that the girl will be someone i already know that or my future wife is 16 now heh yeah so it didnt work out and i was trying not to try so hard and it blew up into something i never wanted just to position myself and i made amends for her she is defenitly below my level but i liked that and i know you shouldnt think like that but theirs an age diff too but i thought this is it and well enough about all that.

i was going to ask about eyes that change color instead of searching for the topic but ive picked up taoism and relating practices which has caused moments or severe confusion followed by simple peace...not to toot my own horn but i am a zen master in my own right ive focused like a mofo but had it in me all along even when i was astray (not ashtray) anyway, im scared, if it all works out or not either way im scared.