Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 5:28 am

Quote:
Is that something like an Aspie thing, or an insecure person thing, or just a Glasskitten thing?

I don't know, but I feel the same way.

Quote:
Don't let these guys with thousands of posts intimidate you.

I agree. I'd also like to add, post counts mean nothing, they should be removed all together. You'll find many people on this forum value members that make decent, helpful or interesting replies over idiots like SB2 that spurt out garbage over regular intervals.

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2006, 6:11 am

About the humans issue...

Screw the terrestrials. They have this planet, oh yes, but we'll leave one day, and take the rest of the galaxy for our own!

LONG LIVE US!

"See, now that the term "terrestrial" is brought into it, I can understand the putting down of NTs... NTs are terrestrials, and terrestrials are total imbiciles destined to walk this Earth for eternia, while we have the chance to beat this world like we have all others. Dang, that's cool."

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 4:10 pm

I like my planet. It may not be perfect, but it's where I was born.

It seems to be human nature to want to be loved, or at least to be understood, if there is a difference between those. It's also impossible to truly understand someone, but if you have something in common with another person, at least you understand each other's thoughts with respect to that. This creates a bond, but if only one person is doing the posting/talking the bond is one-sided ... maybe that's why some people feel the need to reply to posts by people whose thoughts they admire, to reciprocate the need for understanding?

And bonds, which can either be broad and shallow or deep but narrower, form into groups which are loose and big, or small and tightknit respectively ... so in any big community, there will be more than one group and people who don't fit into any groups...

Although they might fit into groups elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation?