Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 7:32 pm

Yep I daydream like a book, often like a film. I can just drift off into my thoughts and it being like watching my own film, complete with characters with their own personalities and a plot line. My dreams can be like that too.
I love daydreaming, I hardly stop.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 7:39 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Yep I daydream like a book, often like a film. I can just drift off into my thoughts and it being like watching my own film, complete with characters with their own personalities and a plot line. My dreams can be like that too.

Same here. Although, with me, I want to actually see these things come to life on film, and I'm all out of resources.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:30 am

I sometimes worry that some day I will have a real problem distinguishing reality from imagination.

I know it sounds silly, but that's why I won't watch too much TV or movies.

WoodenNickel
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

I daydream a lot. Sometimes the plots get fancy like a novel, but it's still me starring, even if have different attributes (time, setting, skills).

Sometimes my daydreaming concerns figuring out what's going on with other people. I'm invariably wrong. :( My subconscious simply can't understand other people.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:23 pm

idiocratik wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

Same here. Although, with me, I want to actually see these things come to life on film, and I'm all out of resources.

I really want to do that myself aswell. I sometimes write short stories based on the daydreams, but I end up getting bored so I've got loads of unfinished story beginnings saved on my computer.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 8:30 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
I sometimes worry that some day I will have a real problem distinguishing reality from imagination.

I know it sounds silly, but that's why I won't watch too much TV or movies.

NOw that Ive grown up, i think i did have that problem (to a degree). My father and I never really saw eye to eye, so my mind kept coming up with "simulations" as to what he would do if something happened, about to the point i convinced myself that it did. To this day, im not too sure which was real, and which wasnt.

As for daydreaming, i'll occasionally act it out, physically and/or verbally, but only when bored and alone.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 9:48 pm

Wow I do exactly the same thing..........some of the time my daydreams and my internal dialogue are arrogated ...I also mouth lines of my daydreams sometimes. I'm surprised so many people had the same experience....I guess we all must be crazy :wink:

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 10:50 pm

Ruaridh wrote:
Often when I'm thinking something through it's as though I'm giving a lecture and "seeing" a form of presentation. And yes, there are "asides" in the "words" that I'm "hearing".

I often give lectures to myself when thinking things through, as well. Sometimes I go off on long tangents and have to go back and pick up the thread of my lecture. I'll also prepare scripts for conversations that are worrying me this way.

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2009, 11:32 pm

I daydream a lot, it helped me get through school when I didnt have a clue what the teacher was on about

Noa x

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 2:15 am

I do that too.