Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 1:01 am

Warsie wrote:
Sati wrote:
They share very little in common. Furries are people who enjoy RPing as anthropomorphic animals, enjoy the art, dressing as them, etc. Therians are people spiritually connected to animals, or who believe they have the soul of a non-human.

Yo you're saying there's little overlap in people who are Elenari and Furries-that there aren't people who are both? Those who dress and RP as animals do to because they feel connected to non-human people. At the most Therians are a more broad spectrum of the same people who make up Furries :?:

There probably are people who are both, but furries and therians are not related.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 2:35 am

I make animal noises. a lot of people o the spectrum do. When I feel very content or maybe even displeased, I'll meow.I might also make small growly noises, and my boyfriend makes full-fledged animal growls.

We also like furry artwork. I really like the artwork. anything involving animals catches my eye. I find it fascinating. I'm a pink bunny. I really like imaginative play, so this is just another way I express myself. I enjoy the aspect of "being" the bunny. The artwork is really interesting. I love trying to figure out where the animal stops, and the human begins.

I'm not into all that fursuiting stuff though.

But I don't think my noises are related.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 4:18 am

Sati wrote:
Warsie wrote:
Sati wrote:
They share very little in common. Furries are people who enjoy RPing as anthropomorphic animals, enjoy the art, dressing as them, etc. Therians are people spiritually connected to animals, or who believe they have the soul of a non-human.

Yo you're saying there's little overlap in people who are Elenari and Furries-that there aren't people who are both? Those who dress and RP as animals do to because they feel connected to non-human people. At the most Therians are a more broad spectrum of the same people who make up Furries :?:

There probably are people who are both, but furries and therians are not related.

Yes. Some people are both. But they aren't the same thing, and last I knew, pockets of both communities were somewhat hostile towards one another. (I don't know if that has changed or not; as I haven't really participated in neither the otherkin nor therian communities of late [and never have in the case of the furry].).

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 8:39 am

I have a habit of sitting on my front verandah imitating the birds. My cat gave me a strange look once when I was doing that.

One of my piano students has Asperger's and he sometimes makes cat noises to communicate with his mother.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Lupus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

Sati is right, you know. Hello, I'm Lupus. I'm twenty six years old and I live in Belgium. I've been diagnosed with Asperger's in my early twenties. I'm therian myself. Most of you will probably raise a brow - I don't know - but there are people out there who aren't roleplaying when talking about their inner animal. I can't explain it myself, but somehow I feel connected with wolves.
I know it's difficult to be hearing this from a complete stranger, but there's a great amount of theriotypes out there. It's quite a broad spectrum, ranging from otherkin to therians. They're fairly gentle, but they are extremely sensitive and will probably never talk about it in public. I'm here trying to figure out where I can find like-minded people.

Best regards,
- Lupus -

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

Animal, human, mechanoid, even demonic..
I mimic(ed) everything. Use to drive my neighbors in the dorm bonkers imitating daleks! LOL

Sincerely,
Matt

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

My daughter growls quite a lot. She was at her athletics class last week. She wasn't 100%, as she had been recovering from an ear infection, but I thought she was OK to go. At the end of the class, the teacher told me that she had been a nightmare and had growled at her like a dog, when she asked her to do something. I think she was shocked at this, as so far her behaviour has been fine - full of energy and wouldn't sit still, but fine nonetheless. I can hear her making animal noises just now, whilst her Daddy's reading the Gruffalo's Child to her.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
I've noticed that while growing up, I tended to copy some behaviors. Not merely from humans, either. I can 'rowr' like a cat, or growl, or some of those other things, especially since I owned a cat for a short time. It has gotten to the point where I wouldn't say I was 'furry' but that part of my brain thinks I'm a cat. When I'm startled I may automatically "ROWR!" and if I'm sleepy, my 'beast mode' takes over and is alert, especially while driving.

Now, I'd like to know, how many other AS people find themselves copying animal behavior? And to what extent does AS lead to or contribute to someone discovering their interest in things relating to "Furry"?

I just want to say I found it funny that you feel like a cat and your avatar is a fish. Hungry?

Lupus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

I see that there are a lot of people here who make animal noises, and I'm really taking your replies seriously, but I for instance can make animal noises all the time without being therian. In fact, I refrain from making animal noises because I know it doesn't make sense to other folk. Besides, I'm not one hundred percent sure whether I'm really carrying a Wolf Spirit inside of me. Claiming you're a fur or furry is easy, claiming you're therian is two steps beyond, in a manner of speaking. It is said to keep a safe distance from time to time. By that, I mean there's a lot of soulsearching to be done. Therians say they went through a phase of 'Awakening' at one point in their lives. Suddenly, all becomes clear, all pieces of the puzzle seem to fall back together again.
Among therian circles, you can't even ask someone if you are therian or not. Being therian or presuming you're therian is a sole mission. You have to go through this all by yourself. Well no, there are indeed communities where otherkin (therians) may gather if they like to (excuse me). These communities aren't that hostile toward each other, though some of them are a hostile place of their own. So there's a catch involved every time you're up to visiting one. Anyway, if you find a good place to settle in, then please go ahead. Most therians, in my opinion, are very kind and open-minded, yet fact remains they suffer from other typical problems as well, be it Asperger's or depression. It doesn't make them insane, it makes them the more human.

Thanks for listening,
Lupus

horsegurl4190
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2012, 1:22 am

I love mimicking animals. Animals do their behaviors for logical reasons and that's why animal behavior is my special interest and why I understand the animal world way more than the human one. Just not too many weeks ago I was galloping down the beach like a horse when a couple of my coworkers and I went down to have a fire on the beach. It was awesome. I was able to run faster than I ever have in a human run.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 8:48 am

I used to pretend to be a dog when I was a kid...I'd scramble around on all fours (actually, my hands and knees), bark and make panting sounds, and shake my rump to imitate a dog wagging it's tail (which probably looked rather ridiculous, since I didn't even HAVE a tail to wag). No one seemed to like it when I was a dog, tho, and after my mom got really mad at me when I licked her in a restaurant when I was sitting on her lap, I stopped pretending to be one. I'm car - furry now, tho - someone who really likes anthro Cars/planes/trains/electrical appliances (I have a friend who also likes anthro machines who came up with the term) and have a carsona (rather than a fursona): Lil' Pink Coupe.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:09 am

Not exactly, at least, not as an adult (doesn't every child mimic animals?) but one of my own personal semi-belief/game things I have is that I think when I encounter an animal I wouldn't normally meet, or have a different sort of encounter with one than usual, that animal has a message for me or I should learn something from its traits.

Last week I encountered a black bear, at least twice my size, which passed about nine feet away and stopped to look at me. You can bet I'm now thinking about how I can learn from a bear, which seems very fitting at this point in my life for various reasons.
(you can bet I'm also relieved I didn't have a closer encounter than that... :lol: )

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:30 am

I purr sometimes, but never really thought about it.

Kenjitsuka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

I've started to growl like a dog when angry when I was a few years old. Never really stopped doing it outside situations where people can see me.
It's just a primal response in me.

Sometimes I purr along with the cat to make it happy.

The Broad Autism Phenotype Test: You scored 132 aloof, 126 rigid and 132 pragmatic. IQ: 139. AQ: 45/50

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 10:03 am

Sati wrote:
I'm VERY good at mimicking cat noises, and often randomly meow :roll: I can also meow louder than I can scream! 8O

So do I. And I have developed a taste for raw just-killed mice too.

ruveyn

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
waltur wrote:
i purr when i'm happy, mrowr when i'm needy, and have conversations with my cats.

sometimes i speak english. sometimes i speak cat. it's a pretty useless conversation since they don't understand the meaning of the words i say and i can't really hold a conversation in cat so much as mrowr back mockingly.

i think they get it close enough though.

I used to actually be able to "talk" with my cat.

I could say something in a high pitched yowl, I will never know exactly what it meant, but she would nuzzle me whenever I did that.

Your indicating your scared/in pain the cats trying to make you feel better.

http://www.wikihow.com/Communicate-with-Your-Cat this is pretty much the basics although mom and her cat (completely neurotic) can communicate in a lot more meows and words. One i remember is med-high as it does sound like help me (means she's stuck somewhere).

:( miss having animals around, can't really associate with a wild sea gull :(

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie