Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 7:52 pm

I am on Depo-Provera, an injection every three months. No monthlies, yay!! !
I think that is the best part, it was really hard for me to handle.
Do not think children are on the agenda.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 9:55 pm

No,
I'm not sure if I want to get married in the long run, let alone have childern.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 11:15 pm

How is this guy a troll?

QuirkyCarla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 11:21 pm

jman wrote:
No sterilization,

create more aspies to rule the planet :twisted:

*agrees with jman :twisted:*

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 11:51 pm

Hmm... you know, that might actually convince me to want to have sex with someone. Ruling the planet sounds fun. :twisted:

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 12:23 am

I wish organizing our breeding was a more popular idea among aspies, because given our social difficulties it looks like we're going to be crushed by natural selection if we dont start actively organizing it - which you know is within our capabilities because we're generally so rational and intelligent.

If i take testosterone injections I will become fertile and XXY males almost always produce female children, so if anyone wants to help me produce more female aspies i'm interested ^_^.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 12:33 am

I have three kids already thats enough for me. :D I agree with jman :twisted:

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 2:15 am

Nomaken wrote:
How is this guy a troll?

He has multiple identities. This sort of thing disrupts the site. People do not want to post serious comments if someone is running around making fun of everything. :x

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 2:42 am

which identities? I can't tell. When is he making fun of things? It does not seem obvious to me in at least this post that he is asking or saying anything not worth reading.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 10:47 am

Nomaken wrote:
which identities? I can't tell. When is he making fun of things? It does not seem obvious to me in at least this post that he is asking or saying anything not worth reading.

Nomaken it seems your theory of mind issues are you getting at you.

When this guy made this thread he was implying that aspies will never be able to get sex and we should sterlize selves so in the event we do hook up with someone we don't create more "defective" people.

He was basically poking fun at us.

Thats why i made that comment abut procreating so we can rule the planet. After all we are by product of NTs and NT keep having aspie/auttie babies at an "alarming" rate. :twisted:

jman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 10:48 am

QuirkyCarla wrote:
jman wrote:
No sterilization,

create more aspies to rule the planet :twisted:

*agrees with jman :twisted:*

maybe next time im in New Jersey to see my relatives we should hook up. :wink:

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 11:13 am

I figured he is just one of those people who feel like there are too many people and having children is generally a bad idea. I've got NT friends who entertain the idea of sterilizing themselves so they cant have kids.

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2006, 5:03 pm

This is a difficult one (and i think deserves serious discussion even if this thread was started by a troll)...

On the one hand, i would definitely like there to be more aspies (and more genetically "different" people in general) in the world (particularly as one of the reasons disabled people's human rights get so prevalently ignored is because of genetic testing and selective abortion meaning the number of people with congenital disabilities who actually get to be born is something like 10% of their actual incidence in the population, so we get dismissed as "there's only a few of them and we'll soon find cures anyway", whereas if there were 10 times as many of us our presence, needs and rights would be undeniable... as soon as the gene for AS is "found", we'll be tested for and eliminated before birth just like Down's, cleft palates, spina bifida, etc)...

On the other hand, i have an almost pathological fear of ever getting a woman pregnant, and feel strongly that, if i am ever lucky enough to get into a long-term sexual relationship again, i will definitely get sterilised... the main reason for this is that i *know* that, because of my lack of "natural" empathy and other communication abilities, i definitely couldn't be a good father to a child, take care of one well or enjoy taking care of one (and i also simply don't like children)... which i think are valid reasons, but i'd be lying if i didn't say a secondary reason was not wanting another aspie child to go thru everything i had to survive in my childhood...

I do believe that the right to control one's own body (a fundamental human right IMO, from both my feminist and disability-movement perspectives) means that it shouldn't be "sterilisation = good" or "sterilisation = bad" but "sterlisation if the individual wants it good, sterilisation if the individual doesn't want it *definitely* bad"...

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2006, 8:12 pm

I will choose sterilization beforehand if I ever heaven forbid were to choose to have intercourse with a woman. I am in a school of thought that says men are irresponsible if they knowingly have intercourse with fertile women with no desire for a procreational outcome. Of course, I can't tell anyone what decisions to make but I can call these so-called male human species irresponsible. If they choose to be sterile, then I don't really mind; way to go for them.

On a different note, if there were only five hundred people on our planet rather than several billion, I think some of us with grave reservations of becoming parents would not dread the thought of being poor at parenting or spreading any subpar genes you may possess.

If I were a female I'd opt for sterilization in a heartbeat. Even if you are vigilant, there's always a chance, however miniscule, that you can be raped. I wouldn't want to even take the risk of dealing with any potential fallout from that.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 2:13 am

Right now, I prefer the Pill as I'd like children when I'm financially secure enough to afford them, and after I'm married. I want 2 children at the most, and as soon as the second one is born, I'm getting my tubes tied if the spouse doesn't get a vasectomy.

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2006, 8:54 pm

shivanataraja wrote:

On the other hand, i have an almost pathological fear of ever getting a woman pregnant, and feel strongly that, if i am ever lucky enough to get into a long-term sexual relationship again, i will definitely get sterilised... the main reason for this is that i *know* that, because of my lack of "natural" empathy and other communication abilities, i definitely couldn't be a good father to a child, take care of one well or enjoy taking care of one (and i also simply don't like children)... which i think are valid reasons, but i'd be lying if i didn't say a secondary reason was not wanting another aspie child to go thru everything i had to survive in my childhood...

As someone who was diagnosed as an adult, and a mother of 1 6 year old autistic, I need to tell you how happy my son is. He does have difficulties in life, but he never has to worry about parental misunderstandings. We are usually on the same page about food, schedules, etc. I usually know what he is thinking. Neither of us can stand to have our food touch on the plate. I don't put him in overly stimulating circumstances (if they can be avoided) because I hate them too. I can totally relate to him. My mother NEVER understood me and she tried to beat the difference out of me. My kid never has to worry about that. I understand his weirdness.

However---don't have a kid if you don't like them. :D