Page 2 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2009, 3:59 pm

I collect Transformers (mostly Dinobots, but I have others as well), Skeleflex, and Xtractaurs. I also still have some other toys on display/in storage and some stuffed animals on my bed. I'm 20.

My boyfriend also collects Transformers, GI Joes, and some other things. He's more fun to do Christmas shopping for than anyone else on my list, since I can go to Toys R Us for him. He's almost 25 and not on the spectrum as far as I know. So yeah, collecting toys doesn't really mean anything.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 4:18 pm

I love kids as it's a perfect excuse to play with their toys. Sometimes I just look at how well they are built.

I suppose it can depend on what you can class as a toy. Something that entertains, stimulates and keeps you busy? I have a TV, PSP and 3 computers :) I Wonder if they would count - :lol: I have many games for them

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 5:54 pm

I love toys and I love to play with toys.

FuzzyElephants
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2009, 2:41 am

Last year right after Christmas I found lincoln logs on sale for 5$ a set... I now have an entire rubbermaid 20 gallon tub full of them. I don't have many stuffed animals any more but I still feel that attachment to them that I did as a kid... like they're real in their own way (i've actually cringed from my dogs ripping their own stuffed toys apart). When I had to go to my husband's work christmas party I spent most of the party coloring with my friend's 3 year old and 6 year old.

For the most part I try to avoid the toy department at Wal*Mart because I can get a bit obsessive with toys and then lose interest in them after a week or two... although I do wish I had some legos, I haven't played with legos in years... too bad their so damned exspensive. I love building toys so i've been trying to turn my attention twards more practical fun like building furniture and trying to keep all my fingers attached while operating a scroll saw.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 7:54 am

I have toys on my bed I don't actually play with. I still find play dough quite fun and like playing with my M&M dispensers.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2009, 8:13 am

Hello Sati. I am 45 years old, and I still feel like a child at times in the way that I enjoy the things I did then---my model trains, magic tricks, etc. Whereas most of the other men shop for more grown-up things, you can find me wandering the plastic models and other older child-like toys. Last year I bought scale model circus tents and a fleet of pinewood derby cars. I also bought a lot of View Master reels not too long ago. So this thing with toys---well, I love to play with toys.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 9:03 am

I have to say that I've never been one for toys, not even when I was little. My mother always wondered why it was that I didn't play with figurines or Adventure People like my brother did. I had a few, of course, but I didn't really consider them toys. My "toy" organ, for instance... I was picking out songs on it when I was 2. That was no more a toy to me than my instruments are to me today. While I do consider music and dance to be a form of play, they aren't toys.

I did play "pretend" when I was little, but it was mostly about things in my head. Like I was a pretend cartologist for an imaginary world I conceived.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 9:27 am

Mmm toys. I still play with them, they're an excellent form of stimulation; I easily get a mental scene of w/e the toy (normally an action figure or something that I mentally project as a sentient humanoid, even done that with pens lol) and then make it do something with my hands.

Magnets, silly putty, transformers, legos, this one max flexible spider-man (even his wrists moved!) that I lost a long time ago, and other things I still have.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 9:40 am

I am 25. I still love and collect bionicle sets and still buy them when I can. I don't really play with them anymore but I love their effectiveness at looking cool wherever I place them.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 10:04 am

To be honest wth you no i don't play or collect toys.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 10:22 am

i do not "play" with toys, but i use toys to assemble an analogy of my simple imagination.

Christophe
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2009, 11:59 am

Hell yes! Colouring books, Hot Wheels, legos, you name it and I might just play with it!! hahahaha!! It is nice to finally know that I am not the only one that does this at my age.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 1:02 pm

I like Stuffed Animals, they are so cosy and cute. I have a few cats in the window but I never play with them. I love to see Lego videos on YouTube but I dont play with Lego myself. I would do if making a video like they do, I wouldnt mind. I can have childtoys as decoration. Like the huge wooden train from my childhood have its own place in the TV room.
Now I have bought myself new and professional advanced computerprograms from Adobe. I call that my toys! :D

Jak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Dec 2009, 1:41 pm

I'm 20 and I collect teddy bears and still play games with them and make up stories. I'm not ashamed of it really.

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2009, 2:19 pm

FuzzyElephants wrote:
Last year right after Christmas I found lincoln logs on sale for 5$ a set... I now have an entire rubbermaid 20 gallon tub full of them. I don't have many stuffed animals any more but I still feel that attachment to them that I did as a kid... like they're real in their own way (i've actually cringed from my dogs ripping their own stuffed toys apart). When I had to go to my husband's work christmas party I spent most of the party coloring with my friend's 3 year old and 6 year old.

For the most part I try to avoid the toy department at Wal*Mart because I can get a bit obsessive with toys and then lose interest in them after a week or two... although I do wish I had some legos, I haven't played with legos in years... too bad their so damned exspensive. I love building toys so i've been trying to turn my attention twards more practical fun like building furniture and trying to keep all my fingers attached while operating a scroll saw.

That is exactly how I am. I love playing with toys and I have to avoid the toy store because I would spend too much money on them, especially the toddler toys. I have stuffed animals and they are my family. I would be lonely without hem. I have more attachment for them, than I do for any human, including my family. If I was in a social event, I would also be with the kids, as they are more fun, and less socially stressful. Plus, with my social skills beng horrible as they are, the only way I know how to have fun is to make people laugh and kids love it. Plus, the adults are boring as they talk about things that do not interest me, nor do I have any skills to be able to relate to them.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 5:35 pm

Sati wrote:
.. it's not normal for someone my age to play with toys or love stuffed animals as much as I do, ...

Says who :?: