Any aspies who still like kids stuff?

Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 8:20 am

I love kid's stuff. I like watching spongebob and ed, ed and eddy. I like older programmes like pingu and come outside.
I do envy my siblings since this morning they've had loads of toys and other cool stuff where as all my presents have been bath stuff or books. I still like dolls and have a sneaky play with them every now and again and I like outdoor play areas still. I don't see anything wrong with liking kid's stuff since I'm a kid inside.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 9:57 pm

I used to LOVE Come Outside! We used to watch it at school XD

My mum's cool with my special interest, but she doesn't realise how intense it is. She points out LT stuff in shops, but that's about all :)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 9:59 pm

I've noticed quite a few NT teenagers at my school like kids shows, so it might not be a strictly Aspie thing.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 10:39 pm

Even though I was pretty much indifferent to dolls as a child, they've become a secondary obsession of mine for several months. I'm especially interested in buying and customizing the "EB" dolls from Volks: http://volksusa.com/dollfie.html I want to customize them to look like my favorite anime characters. I suppose you could say it's an art project, and plenty of adults like customizing and photographing dolls as a hobby.

However, I have an ulterior motive for wanting the dolls - so I can play with them! Nothing would make me happier than to hold my favorite characters and make them act out my fanfics. :)

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:41 am

I still buy Transfromers toys and watch the cartoons whenever they're on.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:52 am

I don't know why I'm so embarrassed to say mine. Okay here goes. I like the American Girl dolls and accessories, collector barbies and bratz and a few stuffed animals with adorable outfits. I'm pretty much obsessed with AG stuff. Just girl stuff I guess and anything animation, cartoons and children's oriented movies and classics. Being that I've basically been an adult since the day I was born, it's hard for me to accept.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2010, 6:39 am

I still enjoy watching the Teletubbies and I can't bear to part with my Laa Laa doll. I also liked Arthur, Come Outside and the Tweenies and I will still watch them if I'm bored.

Over the past few months I have grown to love Waybuloo and In The Night Garden :oops: ... I collect the Waybuloo Pipling figures with accessories (though I still haven't been able to find a Nok Tok figure :( ) and I have the Tombliboos bubble bath from In The Night Garden, as well as the 2010 annual.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 6:51 am

Okay, I still watch Teletubbies when it's on ;) Tinky Winky was my favourite back in the good old days ;)

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 9:59 am

I seem to remember Telletubby mania amongst teenagers and even students! So no, its not just Aspies... Thankfully I had a little brother so I could get away with it! These days I just think, 'heck I'll watch what I want to watch!'

Oisin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2010, 11:12 am

I watch cartoons and I have downloaded a series from my childhood, I can't wait to watch it. I have to buy dvd's to put it on.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 12:35 pm

Jellybean wrote:
I seem to remember Telletubby mania amongst teenagers and even students! So no, its not just Aspies...

My younger brother, who goes to high school, told me of a recent trend where teenagers think watching kids' shows/cartoons is "cool". In fact, a group of his acquaintances went to the store to and bought Elmo stickers and coloring books a few weeks ago! He also mentioned that there are a couple of boys in one of his classes who play with Tech Decks when the teacher isn't looking!

So yeah, liking kids' stuff isn't restricted to us aspies. :wink:

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2010, 12:57 pm

At 45 years old I still feel like a kid sometimes. We have this hardware store nearby that has a second floor with toys. Rather than shop for grown-up things, I always head for the toy floor. I have found an attraction for buying back things that I had as a child. I like my HO scale model trains (although a lot of adults are into this). I often think about some of the toys I had and feel a longing to play with them again. And sometimes, I do.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 1:02 pm

I'm a widowed male who lives mtwuith my
brother I don't plan on having any kids
or marrying again.

I always liked my toys and happy things
I don't seewhy I shood have to give up
them because my body has been alive
for 41 years.

Teletubbies rocks, Katie and Orbie rocks,
Arthur rocks, Rolie Polie Olie rocks,
Sesame Street kicks but, and I like
Veggie Tales as well.

And anything positive cat related where
nothing bad ever happens to cats.

That is my world.

I can't be a growedup I can't do parties
and or be a dad I can't marry again
because Tammy is in the Great Beyond,
I can't do growedup poop.

Brother and me had sparkling apl
juse for new years because we
hate beer.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2010, 4:34 pm

my wife and I have always been into kid stuff (we've been married 20 years), I still collect cars, she collects potato heads, although I don't necessarily turn on the kid shows, if I see the big comfy couch on I leave it on that channel and we watch it together. We also watch zaboomafoo when we see it on TV. We still buy and watch kids movies although our children are in their 20's

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2010, 5:52 pm

I like to watch Hannah Montana.

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2010, 6:36 pm

I sometimes watch old MGM episodes of "Tom and Jerry" on YouTube (usually whilst under the influence of something stronger than Silk Cut). Does that count?

I don't play stuff like Grand Theft Auto anymore myself, but I know other NT adults who do, so I don't think that kind of thing is necessarily peculiar to aspies.