Autism and a heightened sense of psychic abilities

Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:00 pm

I am a powerful psychic and it bothers me to death. I actually influence things with my mind but doctors are way too quick to label it a delusion. I have predicted things since around 9/11 and predicted many things since then. I predicted the tsunami in 2004, certain bombings, plane crashes, things in our pathetic life but it doesn't take a psychic to see these things, I predicted different technologies (actually the Gov told me and they are later reported on the news), I saw 9/11 before it happened and other things. It hurts me deeply when I kill or hurt someone with my power of influence. I can't control it it comes to me in dreams or visions. I can't predict things out of the blue. The Dow this year will hit 12,500 to 15,000 if WW3 doesn't happen. If this occurs (the Gov says it will but never gave a date) then the world will slide into a Great Depression 2 (which almost happened in 2008/ early 2009). I have been writing about my psychic powers on this site since I joined. Weird how someone else started a thread on this topic. Very interesting.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:34 pm

wow..A lot of people answered this thread while I was typing my post... :wink:
I wonder how many will answer while I am editing this one...

I wanted to add that it runs in the family...some level of clairvoyance...or at least the belief in it....runs kinda heavily on my dad's side. My NT sister was really good at guessing playing cards without looking...
I know I regularly use creative visualization on a day to day basis...as my dad does for his job....but I don't necc. subscribe mystical properties to it...it is just a certain way of thinking...Things will always turn up just as I seem to need them...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:04 pm

FireBird wrote:
I am a powerful psychic and it bothers me to death. I actually influence things with my mind but doctors are way too quick to label it a delusion. I have predicted things since around 9/11 and predicted many things since then. I predicted the tsunami in 2004, certain bombings, plane crashes, things in our pathetic life but it doesn't take a psychic to see these things, I predicted different technologies (actually the Gov told me and they are later reported on the news), I saw 9/11 before it happened and other things. It hurts me deeply when I kill or hurt someone with my power of influence. I can't control it it comes to me in dreams or visions. I can't predict things out of the blue. The Dow this year will hit 12,500 to 15,000 if WW3 doesn't happen. If this occurs (the Gov says it will but never gave a date) then the world will slide into a Great Depression 2 (which almost happened in 2008/ early 2009). I have been writing about my psychic powers on this site since I joined. Weird how someone else started a thread on this topic. Very interesting.

Keep a journal. Journalling is a good way to keep track of visions. People think I am psychic when I talk to them because I tend to know stuff about them without being told first. It is strange. This is what makes journaling difficult for me. It wouldn't matter if I wrote it down because I am telling the person anyway. There's different types of psychic "a priori" knowledge. Some people have visions in dreams, or while awake, and they can write these down and try to figure out what they mean.
Others start talking to people and know facts about them, mystifying whomever they are talking to. This happens to me.
Something uncanny happened this winter. I bought a white Christmas tree because I wanted a white Christmas. I got blue ornaments and lights for it so it would look especially wintery. I have a couple of pairs of pants with snow flake patterns all over them and I wore them nearly every day for weeks until it got too cold, I had to switch to jeans.
I live in a place that isn't renown for white Christmases and lots of snow, and this year we got a white Christmas with record snowfall. It's just bizarre. I never imagined it would happen, and it just happened to happen right after I bought the white, snowy looking tree and wore the snow themed clothing everyday for about a month. It's like, somewhere, I knew the Christmas snow was coming and I was expressing it in my choice of clothing and that tree (I've never even had a white tree before, just bought it this year on a whim). People are going to read this and think it's bs but it's a startling coincidence when you consider it never snows on Christmas and I've had the snowflake pants last winter and didn't wear them nearly as much. I think it's a bit more than coincidence. I think I knew we would get that snowstorm on Christmas way before it happened.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2010, 3:54 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
I've had certain instances that seem coincidental at the time, but in retrospect seem a bit like I was able to predict future events subconsiously.

One that recently happened was a week ago when I was staying at a hotel in North Platte, Nebraska. I was surfing the net on my laptop while a commercial break was on TV, when for some random reason Victoria's Secret (as in the lingere store) popped into my head. All proof of pervertedness aside, take a wild guess which business was advertised on the very next commerical. :wink:

Instances like this happen to me a lot, especially when TV or radio is concerned. There's always the possibility that they were coincedences. And even if it is precognition, it doesn't do me a lot of good because I only recognize the correlation after the fact. Still, I find it somewhat odd.

Remember people, to be open minded and non-judgemental in experiences by others! I too have experienced this. I haven't experienced it in a good while, but it used to happen quite frequently.

Some examples would involve a game like monopoly. Sometimes as a friend or myself would roll the dice, a number would come unbidden into my head. I'd call it out every time this happened, and I'd be right. Of course, this COULD be coincidental but given that it was never wrong, it does make me think. It has happened enough enough that if it were random guesses I'd have a very high chance at missing some.

Another one involves the seeing of an event. An example on this would be on a game. One time as I was almost to the end of a level, a thought came into my mind. I would lose just a second or two before the end of the level to a very very unlikely event in the game. I laughed at the idea. That event happened and I had to start all over.

Both of above I have experienced a lot of. Only the dice rolls have I actually felt compelled to act on (call them aloud).

Interesting thing really. My general psychology teacher once taught us that ESP does not exist, because if it did we would have found and been able to measure such energies by now. In that same class he dared to teach us what a fallacy is. That's ironic because his reasoning for ESP not existing is a fallacy.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2010, 4:07 am

JungleGirl wrote:
A lot of people in the Sherlock Holmes stories thought he was physic, how else could a simple person describe the subtle level of observation which would enable such brilliant deductions. Truly sorry to burst your bubble but that's the story with the other "Physics" as well. People with heightened observational skills, or who are highly sensitive to their surroundings, pick up on small details a "normal" person would not, this is usually done subconsciously adding to the enigmatic effect.
Another type of "Physic" person is one who grew up with a abusive family member, having to be hyper aware at all times of anything that would send an abusive family member into a rage is something that can linger even when in a safe environment.
I would absolutely say people with Aspergers are "Physic" in general because all the elements for it are there.
Elementary my dear Aspies. :wink:

I can see where you are going with this, but it does not apply to all situations were one might assume it is "psychic". In my above post for example I note the the prediction of dice roll outcomes, however it was over an electronic version, where I had no conventional method to visually observe the rolling sequence and patterns of the dice to be able to make such a call.

This is another interesting coincidence. My mother once wrote a book, in which a few weeks after it's completion, similar events happened in the real world. She says the events were identical, and the names were all similar to the ones she had chosen. Pretty neat!

JungleGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2010, 7:18 am

I would consider this an intelligent forum on the Internet. So I must again reiterate my stance on psychics to save face. Statistically amazing coincidences are bound to happen. Some people are better at pattern recognition, like aspies, and if they are under-educated they will mark it up to being "Psychic" when a subconscious observation or surprising coincidence is the real culprit. I believe it's a telling mark of status and education when someone says they believe in psychics, ghosts, alternative medicine, a 9/11 conspiracy or aliens on earth. It's tells me they have little regard for critical thinking, science, or the truth. I did believe in all those silly things at one time thou, it was only after doing real research and reading did I learn the truth, opening new avenues of thought. If ghosts were real I would get my masters in parapsychology and so would a lot of people, but they're not so we aren't.

P.S I would like to deeply, deeply apologize for using the word physic in place of psychic in my last post.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 7:45 am

Would you say the same thing to someone who can listen to a piece of music just once and play it note for note on the piano? How about a five year old who is already doing trigonometry? Would you deny them their talents? It seems supernatural, doesn't it? How many five year olds can do trigonometry? How many people can play music by ear after only hearing a piece once? If you hadn't seen it, you would deny it happens because it's so rare and most people do not have these abilities. That's what you are doing when you deny that extrasensory perception exists. If you are going to say it doesn't, might as well say there's no such thing as savants, either.
Until you have experienced it yourself, you cannot possibly know what it's like, but don't deny others what they have experienced.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 8:01 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Would you say the same thing to someone who can listen to a piece of music just once and play it note for note on the piano? How about a five year old who is already doing trigonometry? Would you deny them their talents? It seems supernatural, doesn't it?

"Seems" is the key word here. I wouldn't say that someone who can do either of those things necessarily has a supernatural power. I can totally see how someone could listen to a piece of music just once and play it back, note for note on the piano and that simply being chalked up to a wicked good ear and wicked good pattern recognition. (I probably can't do this to the degree you're thinking of, but it's not all that uncommon in the genre of music I play.)

That said, I do believe that there are things on this world that cannot today be explained by current science.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 8:06 am

I never claimed it was supernatural, just seems that way. Same with extrasensory perception. It's about how one processes information. It leads to different outcomes. One outcome might be the five year old who knows trig, while another might be someone who has precognitions of events.
Not everyone expresses their abilities in the same way and giftedness is a broad term, not just describing someone who excells at math, art, or music.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

My take on it...as one who has had "supernatural" experiences and some pre-cog experiences.

The brain is a marvelous thing, and I don't doubt there is a "spiritual" side to us. I think the more fixated you are in "normal" ways of thinking and living, the more likely you are to close your mind to the diverse reality that surrounds all of us.

What we perceive with our senses is NOT all there is in the universe.

I suspect the autistic and others like them are more likely to be "sensitive" to the true reality because we already operate outside the norm and its mental conditioning.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 10:03 am

zer0netgain wrote:
My take on it...as one who has had "supernatural" experiences and some pre-cog experiences.

The brain is a marvelous thing, and I don't doubt there is a "spiritual" side to us. I think the more fixated you are in "normal" ways of thinking and living, the more likely you are to close your mind to the diverse reality that surrounds all of us.

What we perceive with our senses is NOT all there is in the universe.

I suspect the autistic and others like them are more likely to be "sensitive" to the true reality because we already operate outside the norm and its mental conditioning.

I agree with what you say, except for the "true reality" part. Reality is, by definition, how you perceive the world. "Different reality" or perhaps "broader reality" is a better term.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 10:10 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
I agree with what you say, except for the "true reality" part. Reality is, by definition, how you perceive the world. "Different reality" or perhaps "broader reality" is a better term.

That's the philosophical Truth vs. truth argument.

Truth is Truth. No matter what your knowledge or perception is. It is the true reality that is the universe.

"truth" is the truth you can observe and believe in. Truth (with the little 't') isn't absolute and is subject to change and interpretation. Truth (with the capital 'T') is absolute no matter what you want to believe about it.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2010, 11:05 am

JungleGirl wrote:
I would consider this an intelligent forum on the Internet. So I must again reiterate my stance on psychics to save face. Statistically amazing coincidences are bound to happen. Some people are better at pattern recognition, like aspies, and if they are under-educated they will mark it up to being "Psychic" when a subconscious observation or surprising coincidence is the real culprit. I believe it's a telling mark of status and education when someone says they believe in psychics, ghosts, alternative medicine, a 9/11 conspiracy or aliens on earth. It's tells me they have little regard for critical thinking, science, or the truth. I did believe in all those silly things at one time thou, it was only after doing real research and reading did I learn the truth, opening new avenues of thought. If ghosts were real I would get my masters in parapsychology and so would a lot of people, but they're not so we aren't.

While I am no firm believer in things such as ESP, my own experiences make me think on it. You shouldn't deny a possibilty based off of a fallacy. People thought the world was flat at one point, anyone who thought otherwise was probably considered crazy.

I believe it's a telling mark of status and education when someone says they don't believe in the possibility of psychcis, ghosts, alternative medicine, a 9/11 conspiracy (by the way, this shouldn't even BE mentioned as it is a completely different subject) or aliens on earth. It tells me they have little regard for critical thinking, science, or the truth. I didn't believe in the possibility of all those silly things at one time though, it was only after realizing that we know so little, despite all our achievements, because we still continue to discover new things that repeatedly disprove and defy our previous theories.

It is all fine and dandy that you don't believe in such things. That is your opinion. Please note that opinion does not share the definition as fact, no matter how much research you or anyone else has done.

I opened this post by saying I am no firm believer in such things, and I meant it, because who am I or anyone else to say for FACT that these things aren't possible?

If you or anyone can prove to me that they aren't, that is, by showing me all the workings of the universe, then I'll make up my mind, until then it is only uncertain.

-edit- oh by the way, please keep your uppity BS education crap to yourself, that is such a joke

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:25 pm

I've had quite a few psychic/paranormal/whatever experiences in my life, but to the best of my knowledge, I don't have any savant abilities.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 3:50 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
I can see the future. People think it's stupid, but it's true. I'll randomly think of something, and it'll happen the next day. I'll think of a film, and find out it's on TV tomorrow (and no, I don't read TV guides). I highly doubt it's a coincidence, because it's been going on for I think two years now.

I always think physics will explain this one day. May have already. I LOVED "The Dilbert Future" by Scott Adams, that is a great book, talking about how how he used visualization to make Dilbert the best comic strip, seeing as how he believed all possible futures are already in existence and you choose the one you want. He gets into all kinds of physics and psychic stuff in that book, it's so cool

To the topic at hand, I class paranormal in the same group as religion, and to me with regards to discussion it needs to be treated in the same parameters. Meaning, while I may personally regard a certain religion as a primitive cult of human sacrifice, I am not going to jump on every thread or assault every adherent with my opinions about how ridiculous their faith is. I am going to live and let live. Paranormal are remnants of spirituality vilified by current cultural oppression. It is something the church pretty much took care of in the middle ages. Because it is a power, and we can't have power that isn't used to exploit others or turn a profit. I am glad it's making a resurgence. I am not psychic, don't really have esp, except for smidgeons, have had few paranormal experiences. I believe, however, that I didn when I was younger. I have always been terrified of the dark, and from an early age I slept with my glasses on (I started wearing them when I was eight). I am growing in my belief that children have this and shut it down gradually as they age due to cultural demands. Oh, I had one CREEPY experience at work last night (I work in a building alone). I really, really hope it was just a fluke. And it happened when I was thinking to myself about how stout I am that I work alone in a building every night til 3 a.m., there is a big screen tv there which is always tuned to the paranormal shows, and it doesn't bother me and I am not scared. I really hope it was a one-time thing.

JungleGirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2010, 7:30 pm

It's sad the anti-intellectual atmosphere that is being promoted on this forum having heard no other cognizant arguments against a god damned PSEUDO-SCIENCE! I feel a common bond with the people on this forum and I would not want them walking around sounding like undereducated ninnys turning off smart people. If you don't take my word for it that Psy energy is on the same level of factual legitimacy as phrenology, good, but don't just go back to wallow in your own idiocracy, try actually doing the homework, like I have, and come to an informed decision on your own. People talk about how not believing in Psy is being close minded, yet people who believe in psy are some of the most close minded people I've talked to, being unwilling to look at an issue without bias because of an already held belief is a dangerous way to operate. I implore you all to do the research, use primary sources, weigh the facts and come to your own educated conclusion. You will only be better for it in the end.

And anybody who thinks educating yourself is bulls**t, go away you don't deserve to be on this forum.