Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2010, 5:57 am

My concentration can be terrible, I love reading but can only read a few chapters of even a really good book before my mind wanders off and I have to stop. It's very frustrating, I fel like I could achieve much more if I could learn to focus properly.

LovingHappiness
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Nov 2010, 2:50 am

I'm okay with books though I have got a few books I've just read a few chapters in. I can spend hours and hours online but I usually have about 4 or 5 windows open of various forums and flit between them. I watch lots of youtube but I find I usually get really fidgetty and can't really just sit and concentrate on just watching the video, I usually have a forum open as well and have the youtube video as the soundtrack but sometimes it surprises me when the video finishes because I realise I forgot to listen and havent really taken in what was said. Is that related to ADHD at all? I am undiagnosed of anything yet as I'm waiting for my first neurology appointment but I suspect the possibility of ADHD and dyscalculia which I may ask them to investigate. I also don't like the theatre much as I tend to get really fidgetty and restless but I feel uncomfortable because it feels like the actors can see me if I slouch and fidget so I much prefer the cinema which I wear my earplugs for because I can slouch and get comfy.